Search found 24 matches

by MacDoo
Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:28 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Has AC received a government bailout since privatisation?
Replies: 24
Views: 6947

Re: Has AC received a government bailout since privatisation

Nope - no bailout money. The employees took it on the chin, with reduced wages (some up to 20%). NAVCANADA did not give a 'let' on fees either.
by MacDoo
Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:03 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Advice on ZED fares
Replies: 19
Views: 5177

Re: Advice on ZED fares

...just sayin', when it comes contract time, remember that we are NOT all the same.
by MacDoo
Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Advice on ZED fares
Replies: 19
Views: 5177

Re: Advice on ZED fares

Nope..., never have. Can't get on any of the flights because the Jazz employees have priority over us guys that work at mainline. Nope.....Jazz employees are the same priority as AC employees! BINGO! You just stated everything that is wrong with this company. Putting others, that are not even part ...
by MacDoo
Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:01 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Advice on ZED fares
Replies: 19
Views: 5177

Re: Advice on ZED fares

I have been working on the ramp for 7 months now and am taking my wife on summer holidays. Boy doesn't this say it all - a rampie with 7 months of seniority getting summer vacation. You guys all want to be treated equal during contract time, but clearly we are not all equal at this company. Where d...
by MacDoo
Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Advice on ZED fares
Replies: 19
Views: 5177

Re: Advice on ZED fares

Cobra64 wrote:I have been working on the ramp for 7 months now and am taking my wife on summer holidays.
Boy doesn't this say it all - a rampie with 7 months of seniority getting summer vacation. You guys all want to be treated equal during contract time, but clearly we are not all equal at this company.
by MacDoo
Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:16 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Air Canada Interviews
Replies: 844
Views: 228553

Re: Air Canada Interviews

Just do your best and be completely yourself. Don't try to give them what you think they want because they don't even know, and if you don't get the job know that it is no reflection on you. If you do get the job...congratulations and see you on the line. I always tell people that this is the worse...
by MacDoo
Sun May 29, 2011 7:55 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: FP today
Replies: 95
Views: 17713

Re: FP today

Pilot wages in airline work will continue to slide downward and most carriers will have a "cadet" style entry program where inexeperience can justify low wages and fill pilot vacanicies. Very few will be dumb enough to fork over $80,000 for training for a $23,000 job that never pays off and has you...
by MacDoo
Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:43 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: What a NOB!
Replies: 40
Views: 8112

Re: What a NOB!

Heard an even better one in the YYZ CDF couple weeks ago: An Air Transat A330 was being sprayed. Iceman had a (safety) question about something protruding from the fuselage. The comms went like this. ICEMAN: Air Transat xxx, the deicing guys are wondering what that metal tubular looking thing is tha...
by MacDoo
Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:16 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Air Canada Hiring 51 pilots
Replies: 12
Views: 4695

Re: Air Canada Hiring 51 pilots

Great to hear such positive news.

The guy I spoke with was on the negotiating team about 10 years ago, so I just figured that he still had friends (in the know) in high places. Hopefully he was just "sounding off".
by MacDoo
Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:30 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Air Canada Hiring 51 pilots
Replies: 12
Views: 4695

Re: Air Canada Hiring 51 pilots

I think that there is some bad news coming up for you guys. I spoke with a union guy last week, and he says that the anticipated Nov/Dec bid is going to be a down bid. This is due to the fact that 120 pilots may be returning, and many may stay beyond the age of 60. Sorry guys, hope it's not true.
by MacDoo
Fri May 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Big Thanks to AC426
Replies: 0
Views: 459

Big Thanks to AC426

A big Bravo Zulu and personal thanks to the Captain and Crew of AC426, YVR - YYZ on 29 April. My elderly (70's) Ma and Pa were attempting to fly standby and couldn't get on a flight together. Ma departed on AC426 by herself, arriving at 7:00 pm, while I was operating AC999, arriving 9:30 pm. Captain...
by MacDoo
Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:41 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: The life of a "New Hire"
Replies: 80
Views: 12337

Re: The life of a "New Hire"

All of you senior guys who state, "if you don't like it, go back to where you came from", make me sick..., very childish. You also knew what the airline industry was like when you joined AC many years ago. So, I guess under your own logic, you should also take your 5, 10 or 20+ years and "go back to...
by MacDoo
Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:39 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Here is the solution to save our profession
Replies: 28
Views: 6208

Amateur,

You may be singin a different tune if WJ keeps bouncing people around in turbulence..., and having runway incursions (to name a few recent boo boos). Incidents like these don't sit well with the customers.
by MacDoo
Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:55 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: US guy getting hired by AC
Replies: 10
Views: 3628

Marry a Canadian...., but I guess you've heard that before. :roll:
by MacDoo
Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:10 pm
Forum: General Airline Industry Comments
Topic: YVR SECURITY MINIONS
Replies: 38
Views: 10809

YVR SECURITY MINIONS

I fly with a Canadian airline and find that the YVR security folks are enforcing what seems to be their own homemade rules. I am wondering if anyone has had similar problems. Specifically, on one occasion when I was deadheading, they took away my shampoo, and yesterday while deadheading they took aw...
by MacDoo
Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:23 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Your interview: How you thought it went, vs the outcome.
Replies: 5
Views: 1895

I had four airline/corporate interviews last year. On three of them I felt that it went quite well..., and I got a job offer from all three of these companies. On one of them I felt "off", and wasn't surpised when I got a PFO letter from them. Hence, if you 'feel' like you did well, then you probabl...
by MacDoo
Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:10 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Attire for AC medical.
Replies: 31
Views: 6651

The Doc that did mine a year ago said that it is "noted" on your file if you are not wearing a suit. I was fortunately wearing a suit.
by MacDoo
Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:22 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Life at 40 Grand?
Replies: 22
Views: 6728

I have been here almost a year, after having left a $110k/year career with the CF. I thoroughly enjoy the lifestyle - 10 days per month average instead of the 28 days per month when I left the CF. However, I probably wouldn't have done it without my CF pension (which is more than my AC paycheck). Al...
by MacDoo
Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:36 pm
Forum: WestJet
Topic: Do Westjet pilots land hard?
Replies: 52
Views: 13403

They can land really well..., however...too bad they don't know how to taxi to the ramp yet. I saw one violated last month in Edmonton when he tried to enter the ramp via the wrong taxiway. :shock:

ATC: "Westjet XXX, where are you going, call me..."
by MacDoo
Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:48 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Direct-entry EMB Captains
Replies: 23
Views: 7160

Been with the company 9 months (on the EMJ), and talked to Barb Pope last week about the chances of getting the left seat on the next bid. She said maybe, but not likely. Hence, I doubt they will revert to direct entry captains.
by MacDoo
Wed May 09, 2007 6:43 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Equipment Bid
Replies: 0
Views: 800

Equipment Bid

Any rumours on when our next Equipment Bid will be out? How junior do you think the left-seat on the EMJ will go?
by MacDoo
Tue May 01, 2007 7:05 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: My great experience on AC - Monday, April 30
Replies: 3
Views: 1651

Thanks dude. It's nice to hear a positive comment for once, instead of the airline bashing that goes on with some of these sites.
by MacDoo
Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:52 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: C-172 PARTNERSHIP IN BARRIE?
Replies: 2
Views: 772

C-172 PARTNERSHIP IN BARRIE?

I heard a rumour that a group of Air Canada Pilots had a shared partnership in a C-172 in the Barrie area. Does anyone have any info on this?
by MacDoo
Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:07 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: All A320 Courses for awhile??
Replies: 47
Views: 11562

Overrun,

Been here 3 months, and I'm happy.

Go to advanced search