Search found 82 matches
- Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: The beginning of the end of small private airstrips
- Replies: 105
- Views: 32817
Re: The end of private recreational airports??
If you look on page 3 of the pdf link I originally posted, (here it is again http://spirit.eaa.org/News/2015/pdfs/20 ... Canada.pdf ) there is a great pre written form letter you can copy. Make sure to add your name and send it to everyone suggested.
- Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:49 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: The beginning of the end of small private airstrips
- Replies: 105
- Views: 32817
Re: The end of private recreational airports??
We NEED to get the word out to everyone ASAP. Please send this information to all your aviation contacts by whatever means necessary.
This HAS to be stopped. Write, call, door knock your local MP.
This HAS to be stopped. Write, call, door knock your local MP.
- Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:48 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: The beginning of the end of small private airstrips
- Replies: 105
- Views: 32817
The end of private recreational airports??
Posted by the EAA. Here is a clip from the top explaining what the document is about: Transport of Canada has proposed a consulting process for the establishment or expansion of all aerodromes within Canada. If you fly, it will affect you. It is an onerous and expensive process that will not only re...
- Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:34 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: GA needs new blood!
- Replies: 62
- Views: 8618
Re: GA needs new blood!
Aviation is fraught with divisions...you get The ultralight folks Then the grass roots level homebuilt guys Then the Cool homebuilt guys The Certified Drivers (Cessnas, Pipers, etc) The high dollar gang (high buck aircraft of all ages) The warbird folks The Aerobatic folks +1 My point exactly, too ...
- Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:15 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: GA needs new blood!
- Replies: 62
- Views: 8618
Re: GA needs new blood!
Kinda like when someone asks about ultralight instructing.....Shiny Side Up wrote:I'm also a little bit cheesed that only a few made an effort to make the new blood feel welcome to the event, it really had the feel of an old farts club meeting. That's really got to change.
- Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:05 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Ultralight Instructor Rating - is it worth it?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 9793
Re: Ultralight Instructor Rating - is it worth it?
I hate to say it BPF, but he's already fallen for some of the ultralight crowd myths. Really? Now it's become "us" vs "he" or "them"? Get down from that pedestal before you fall and break something your highness. I'll tell you about a budget UL that I once flew. First it's fuselage was a bit of Alu...
- Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:40 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Ultralight Instructor Rating - is it worth it?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 9793
Re: Ultralight Instructor Rating - is it worth it?
So let me see if I understand each of you correctly.... Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems you believe that ALL ultralights are death-traps just waiting to kill the unsuspecting pilot and his passenger. Hmmm..... that seems pretty narrow minded when you consider that many aircraft, both kit/home...
- Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:44 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Ultralight Instructor Rating - is it worth it?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 9793
Ultralight Instructor Rating - is it worth it?
Hello everyone..... I'm pondering my options. I'm a private pilot with approximately 185 hours total time in the log book. My reality is that I have a hard earned, well paid for full private pilots licence burning a hole in my pocket where my student loan money used to be. A piece of paper that is e...
- Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:57 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: UPAC convention
- Replies: 2
- Views: 766
Re: UPAC convention
The dates were there, but nothing else. I've never been and won't be able to stay the entire weekend, so I was looking for an agenda in order to prioritize which day I'd like to attend. I did get an e-mail back from Kathy Lubitz and it seems the full convention info is on the website now. Cheers JR
- Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:50 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: UPAC convention
- Replies: 2
- Views: 766
UPAC convention
I've been meaning to attend this for several years and as luck would have it I'm going to be in the area the weekend it is scheduled for this year (Aug 16-17th). That being said however, it seems like there is nothing posted (that I can find) that the event is actually happening this year. I've post...
- Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:31 am
- Forum: Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft
- Topic: PA-22 Colt crash
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4215
- Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:54 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Air Canada 787
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1941
- Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:14 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Chris Hadfield book signing tour
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2261
Re: Chris Hadfield book signing tour
What an amazing Canadian he is :) I had the opportunity to hear him speak at Oshkosh this past summer, part of a panel of 4 Astronauts discussing different eras of spaceflight. Amazing stories told in the first person....awesome. I did something I would never thought of doing normally (the groupie t...
- Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:42 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Martin Mars
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2234
Re: Martin Mars
I understood the same thing..... B.C. decided not to renew/extend the contract:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=994887
Too bad, but economics rule. I presume the price of Avgas makes it even tougher
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=994887
Too bad, but economics rule. I presume the price of Avgas makes it even tougher
- Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:53 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Sad News, the end of an era , Paul Poberezny passes
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1291
Re: Sad News, the end of an era , Paul Poberezny passes
Indeed a sad day for all aviation
From AvWeb:
http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/EA ... :&st=email
From AvWeb:
http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/EA ... :&st=email
- Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:30 am
- Forum: Aerobatics & Airshows
- Topic: EAA AirVenture Oshkosh July 29 - Aug 4, 2013
- Replies: 67
- Views: 48272
Re: EAA AirVenture Oshkosh July 29 - Aug 4, 2013
We got home yesterday afternoon.... My poor wife and children, they will be listening to and sorting through endless stories and pictures (I honestly took over 1000 pics!) for weeks to come :lol: I concur about the Terafugia, way too much talking and advertising, but I guess that's what happens when...
- Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:05 pm
- Forum: Aerobatics & Airshows
- Topic: EAA AirVenture Oshkosh July 29 - Aug 4, 2013
- Replies: 67
- Views: 48272
Re:
I gave up on my bicycle last year. What are the shuttles like? We are kinda counting on them to get us to the gate from wherever we end up camped :lol: There is a real good grocery store just a bit north of the airport. They had everything we wanted and more. Also the prices were good. Are the pric...
- Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:09 pm
- Forum: Aerobatics & Airshows
- Topic: EAA AirVenture Oshkosh July 29 - Aug 4, 2013
- Replies: 67
- Views: 48272
Re: EAA AirVenture Oshkosh July 29 - Aug 4, 2013
Well after 9 months of waiting and planning, we depart home for Oshkosh Saturday morning. Already have the tent trailer packed, not including food and drinks which we will pick up on the way there. From everything we can find online, it seems the shuttle buses running through Camp Scholler will be o...
- Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:18 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Another 787 Fire, This Time Heathrow July 12th
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1124
Re: Another 787 Fire, This Time Heathrow July 12th
Yikes..... :shock: I'm like you, it's not hard to make that mental jump immediately to a battery issue, I thought that even as the headline popped up. Also like you, I believe Boeing must be wondering "what next?" Hopefully it's not a battery or even airframe issue, that would go a long way to provi...
- Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:19 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: CYHM Hamilton Airshow -- I can't fly in???
- Replies: 39
- Views: 4496
Re: CYHM Hamilton Airshow -- I can't fly in???
Could the difference (in the eyes of an insurance adjuster) be that paved runways are generally just that, paved. Aside from age, pavement is pavement. Grass runways however vary in many ways. Smooth vs bumpy, mowed short vs left "natural", etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is they (insurance lawy...
- Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:09 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: CYHM Hamilton Airshow -- I can't fly in???
- Replies: 39
- Views: 4496
Re: CYHM Hamilton Airshow -- I can't fly in???
Sorry to hear that Lotro
Part of the reason we are holding the event is to raise money and awareness in the community and with government to get one of the runways paved...
Maybe next time, with pavement, insurance won't be an issue
Part of the reason we are holding the event is to raise money and awareness in the community and with government to get one of the runways paved...
Maybe next time, with pavement, insurance won't be an issue
- Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:29 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: CYHM Hamilton Airshow -- I can't fly in???
- Replies: 39
- Views: 4496
Re: CYHM Hamilton Airshow -- I can't fly in???
If flying somewhere is more important to you than attending "a show", anyone is welcome to attend our event this weekend: http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=89685 Not an airshow, but good food, good people and something different to do :D Come check out the new Almaguin Highlands Ai...
- Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:44 am
- Forum: Aerobatics & Airshows
- Topic: Almaguin Highlands Air Park (formerly South River-Sundridge)
- Replies: 1
- Views: 8482
Almaguin Highlands Air Park (formerly South River-Sundridge)
Big fly-in weekend on father's day!
See our websites for details:
http://www.flyalmaguin.com
http://ahap-80th.weebly.com/index.html
Hope to see you there!
See our websites for details:
http://www.flyalmaguin.com
http://ahap-80th.weebly.com/index.html
Hope to see you there!
- Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:41 am
- Forum: Aerobatics & Airshows
- Topic: EAA AirVenture Oshkosh July 29 - Aug 4, 2013
- Replies: 67
- Views: 48272
Re: EAA AirVenture Oshkosh July 29 - Aug 4, 2013
I'll be there..... not flying in, dragging the tent trailer to Scholler from North Bay. Dad and I plan on staying all week.... can't wait!!
- Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:26 am
- Forum: Aviation Videos & Photos
- Topic: The importance of secure tie-downs....
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1343
