Search found 26 matches

by really green
Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:17 pm
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: maintenance positions out west
Replies: 9
Views: 2299

Re: maintenance positions out west

Chowda, I was indeed in yk before peair. Ssh, that seems to be a common trend. Having been in halifax for all my life, save for the 1.5 years in yk, I've had many many friends leave west to never return. I guess its a simple fact for the trades that aren't quite as common place. And if its one thing...
by really green
Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 am
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: maintenance positions out west
Replies: 9
Views: 2299

Re: maintenance positions out west

I'm working on that now.
by really green
Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 am
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: maintenance positions out west
Replies: 9
Views: 2299

maintenance positions out west

Hey guys, Been quite a while since i posted on here. But I'm looking for some advice. I'm looking to relocate out west from the Maritimes. The work situation is bleak to say the least out here. I've been unemployed for the last 3 months, so I need a change. I have a possible lead for work in Edmonto...
by really green
Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:22 pm
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: Idle cut off issue.
Replies: 6
Views: 726

Re: Idle cut off issue.

You are on the right track. Seen this snag a few times. Not 100% sure with that engine, however, last time I had that snag on a TIO540, it was internal seals in the throttle servo. Letting fuel to leak past the ICO position. Servo swapped, problem solved. I assume it's a O-320 you're talking about. ...
by really green
Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:59 pm
Forum: Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service
Topic: Pix From a Swamper - Remembering Craig Chenell
Replies: 2153
Views: 743949

Re: Pix From a Swamper - Remembering Craig Chenell

Might as well lighten the mood a little with a few pics of the current fleet. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/gerghate/variousaugsept2008016.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/gerghate/variousaugsept2008018.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/gerghate/variousaugsept2008026.jpg ...
by really green
Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:47 pm
Forum: Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service
Topic: Pix From a Swamper - Remembering Craig Chenell
Replies: 2153
Views: 743949

Re: Pix From a Swamper - Remembering Craig Chenell

Actually. It's really quite unfortunate. That plane went down in Jan 2007 just outside of Yellowknife. 3 dead 1 survivor. The pilot was a roommate for 1.5 months before hand. We had both just come to Yellowknife at the same time living at the float base together. RIP Jason. Sorry to bring down the m...
by really green
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:44 pm
Forum: Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service
Topic: Pix From a Swamper - Remembering Craig Chenell
Replies: 2153
Views: 743949

Re: Pix From a Swamper - Remembering Craig Chenell

Wow, seeing that one brings back some upsetting memories.
by really green
Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 pm
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: Replacing plastics instrument panels
Replies: 4
Views: 774

Re: Replacing plastics instrument panels

Personally for me,

If your doing some smaller holes, I've found that the circular saw attachment for a dremel tool works really good. No melting or disfiguring.
by really green
Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:09 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Highest Time Navajo out there????
Replies: 11
Views: 2470

Re: Highest Time Navajo out there????

Got one with over 22K A couple others getting really close. (21.5ish range)
by really green
Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 am
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: Given the chance would you bail?
Replies: 33
Views: 3761

Re: Given the chance would you bail?

I most defiantly would. But what do I do? I can't leave work and loose wages to go back to school.(christ, i'm still paying for school 6 yrs later) And around here, an auto mech makes even less than me. it's sort of a catch 22. Very frustrating
by really green
Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:38 pm
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: Frustrating - Tires again...
Replies: 12
Views: 1130

Re: Frustrating - Tires again...

I would suggest spending the $$$ and go for a Michelin 6x6 tube. We were having nose weel failures on our PA31's and were using some lesser name brand tubes. Swapped to these(Michelin) and Goodyear tires. And we run ours @ 42psi. No more blow outs. I'm not really familiar with the brand you're using...
by really green
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:14 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Military Twotters on floats?
Replies: 9
Views: 1166

Re: Military Twotters on floats?

Indeed they did. I had to second guess myself as well, but then I remember talking to one of their tecs about it one day while putting one of our twin on floats. A pic http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canada---Air/De-Havilland-Canada/0748607&tbl=photo_info&photo_nr=21&sok=keyword_%28%5C%27%2B%5C%22yel...
by really green
Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:05 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Radio controlled helicopters.
Replies: 21
Views: 1921

Re: Radio controlled helicopters.

Oh, and here's a video of us running up his newest Falcon turbine. Idle speed, 28,000rpm, max throttle 125,000rpm. 3 sec spool-up time. Kinda shitty video quality, butyou get the idea.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DdyYi2UD8ns
by really green
Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:00 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Radio controlled helicopters.
Replies: 21
Views: 1921

Re: Radio controlled helicopters.

I do know a bit about those too. A friend of mine has 2 of them. Basically, they're just a miniature gas turbine. Single flow axial compressor, single flow centrifical turbine. (or maybe the other way around, I don't remember just now) They run off a mix of kerosene/2 stroke oil mix, or you can run ...
by really green
Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:53 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Radio controlled helicopters.
Replies: 21
Views: 1921

Re: Radio controlled helicopters.

Oh, and here's a video of a buddy I fly with ripping up his Raptor .90.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=LH2JIbKPslQ
by really green
Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:51 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Radio controlled helicopters.
Replies: 21
Views: 1921

Re: Radio controlled helicopters.

Hey ., My best advise for you is to find a local R/C club in your area, and get a proper machine, and a good instructor, and your success rate will dramatically increase. I'v been flying R/C airplanes and helis for ~18yrs. My old man owns a hobby shop where I live, so I have pretty good knowledge of...
by really green
Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:34 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Beaver catches fire - 19 Feb 2008
Replies: 9
Views: 1892

Re: Beaver catches fire - 19 Feb 2008

Shit, I really hope he's ok. Sounds like a good egress job done by all.
by really green
Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:30 pm
Forum: Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service
Topic: Pix From a Swamper - Remembering Craig Chenell
Replies: 2153
Views: 743949

Re: Pic from a swamper

A couple more summer pics
by really green
Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:28 pm
Forum: Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service
Topic: Pix From a Swamper - Remembering Craig Chenell
Replies: 2153
Views: 743949

Re: Pic from a swamper

I'v been following this thread for a while now, and decided i'd throw in a couple of my own. Enjoy
by really green
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:04 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Engine Run ups at 3:30 AM at YVR
Replies: 41
Views: 4131

Re: Engine Run ups at 3:30 AM at YVR

Well I think you have to have permission to do a runup at YVR anytime. And it was a turbo prop. There are noise restrictions at night. I live several miles away as the crow flies. I realizethe industry is quite inexperienced right now. Some maintenance guy did not know any better. Yesterday, I watc...
by really green
Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:37 pm
Forum: General Airline Industry Comments
Topic: Canjet
Replies: 1043
Views: 262114

Hey, If there is any CJ maint. personelle on tihs thread, give me a PM, I would like to say hey and see where your at.
Cheers
Greg
by really green
Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:47 am
Forum: General Airline Industry Comments
Topic: Canjet
Replies: 1043
Views: 262114

I guess that no one realizes that working for KR is a dead end street. Some where it's gonna end. how do I know you may ask. How about 2 layoffs in 1 1/2 years. history repeats itself.
Think about it
Signed Very Happily
Greg Hatt
by really green
Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:58 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Where were you on September 11th 2001?
Replies: 352
Views: 98861

zellers, buying a new sweater, and i overheard someone say something about a plane crash into a building. i didn't think anything of it until i got back home and turned on the tv...
by really green
Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:45 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: AME's at AC
Replies: 4
Views: 2210

thanks for the tips. i've actually gone to canjets doors, but couldn't ever talk to anyone. so i just left some resumes and never heard anything back. even after phone calls. meh, maybe later.
by really green
Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:02 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: AME's at AC
Replies: 4
Views: 2210

AME's at AC

Does antone know if air canada or jazz ever hire apprentices. just curious if anyone knows how a person would talk to on this matter.
cheers

Go to advanced search