Search found 54 matches
- Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:59 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Using private aircraft for buisness travel use
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1811
Using private aircraft for buisness travel use
I am sure this has been discussed before but I cant find anything useful about it, my question is, if I want to use my aircraft for business travel and want to be able to pay my expenses for such use of the aircraft what registration and licensing requirements apply? I know if the aircraft is making...
- Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:57 pm
- Forum: Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft
- Topic: Two fatal near Parry Sound
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7605
Re: Two fatal near Parry Sound
i flew last night,in the area , it was a very black night ,there was a skiff of something think cloud like floating around here and there at 3000 ft.... I flew around CYYB (North Bay) during late afternoon and also witnessed this, was a fog type cloud around 3000 and seemed to be getting thicker, b...
- Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:27 pm
- Forum: Maintenance
- Topic: PA28 cracked top wing skin
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7576
PA28 cracked top wing skin
Doing walk around today and noticed a 1 inch crack in the top wing skin parallel to a line of flush rivets (about 1/4 inch from the rivets) since I can't ask my AME because it's Saturday whats the repair procedure for something like this?
I'll try to snap a picture later
I'll try to snap a picture later
- Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Flight Following?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3978
Re: Flight Following?
I've got a noob question regarding flight following, how do you know what frequency to use to request flight following? During training I flew north bay to Ottawa and we called up London Radio on the FISE frequency and said we were VFR CYYB to CYSB and we were looking for a frequency for flight foll...
- Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:49 pm
- Forum: Maintenance
- Topic: Missed Airframe/Engine/propeller logbook entries?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8111
Re: Missed Airframe/Engine/propeller logbook entries?
That's a lot of missed entries. May i suggest talking to the ame who put the sticker in and see if he can x out and e.i.e. the sticker, you do all the entries and then he can put a new sticker. Either way, the ame probably should have noticed the inconsistencies. That's what I was thinking, I wish ...
- Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:20 am
- Forum: Maintenance
- Topic: Missed Airframe/Engine/propeller logbook entries?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8111
Missed Airframe/Engine/propeller logbook entries?
Hello all, I bought an airplane recently, it's a piper Cherokee 150, had a pre purchase inspection done, was told all looked good, bought it, had a few snags repaired, anyway I was just looking through the logs (note: this is my first aircraft and I didn't know much on how to read the logs before bu...
- Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:41 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Which would be more dangerous?
- Replies: 512
- Views: 35848
Re: Which would be more dangerous?
I think saying pilotless airliners in 50 years is a safe bet, most of the technology is already here, and it would be cost effective on something the size of an airliner I would say the smaller ops will remain piloted for a long time yet as there's a lot more factors a pilot has to deal with landing...
- Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:44 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Does a good used light airplane exist?
- Replies: 59
- Views: 6822
Re: Does a good used light airplane exist?
Great post, from what I have seen you are exactly right on a lot of those points, everything seems to be left sitting around, and the owner thinking it's not depreciating in value over the 10 years it has sat around with a lack of maintenance and use. I've also noticed that the "career based" GA tha...
- Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:16 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Does a good used light airplane exist?
- Replies: 59
- Views: 6822
Does a good used light airplane exist?
So I am considering buying my first aircraft I have read just about every "should I buy an airplane" or "I want to buy an airplane" thread on this forum and I think I have a half decent feel of what to look out for , having it well inspected, watch for low time engines without an overhaul in 20 year...
- Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:22 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Why so little interest in tailwheel flying?
- Replies: 120
- Views: 15474
Re: Why so little interest in tailwheel flying?
I used to fly a 7EC 90hp, a few I proposed didn't even want to try, some guys only interested in the 777 :wink: This. Seems these days no one flys for fun or because there interested in aviation, everyone just wants a job and unless tail wheel time becomes part of the CPL I doubt any of the new gen...
- Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:16 pm
- Forum: Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft
- Topic: AirAsia plane missing between Indonesia and Malaysia
- Replies: 122
- Views: 29355
Re: AirAsia plane missing between Indonesia and Malaysia
I wonder if anyone has ever recovered a fully loaded airliner from a full stall? I was watching a documentary on the development and testing of the new 747-8 and they were interviewing the test pilots and they mentioned how almost no airline pilots ever get to experience a full stall in an airliner...
- Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:03 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Hopeless?
- Replies: 21
- Views: 9929
Re: Hopeless?
If it wasn't for industry there would be no economy and passengers to fly and this would cease to be a problem.... We need more aviation weather influencing industry asap! Before it all goes overseas where the weather and the aviation will be :roll: On an also serious note, I'm actully shocked that ...
- Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:47 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: First flight will new PPL! And first abnormality in flight
- Replies: 25
- Views: 5008
Re: First flight will new PPL! And first abnormality in flig
Ben Congrats on the new PPL! Ignore the hissing and spitting. Some can't comment on anything without a slap fight breaking out. LOL! Anyway, enjoy your new found freedom. Play safe. Illya I've been reading this forum for a long time, it would not be any fun if everyone agreed on everyone and no one...
- Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:04 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: First flight will new PPL! And first abnormality in flight
- Replies: 25
- Views: 5008
Re: First flight will new PPL! And first abnormality in flig
I glacé down at the ASI passing 30 knots, 50 knots, 60 knots Rotate Now that you are a licensed pilot you need to rethink why you would be looking at the airspeed indicator as you are accelerating on the runway on take off. You should be looking outside for your take off visual clues...especially h...
- Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:56 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: First flight will new PPL! And first abnormality in flight
- Replies: 25
- Views: 5008
First flight will new PPL! And first abnormality in flight
I passed my flight test back in June but due to being away on military training in the summer I had to wait until after to get the written test done, wrote and passed the written and finally got the shiny new PPL! :mrgreen: of course when you have a new licence in hand the weather turns on you and w...
- Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:43 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Airplane wish list.
- Replies: 43
- Views: 5748
Re: Airplane wish list.
Lockheed U2
- Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:52 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Spin Recovery Technique
- Replies: 14
- Views: 2381
Re: Spin Recovery Technique
Awesome! never heard of that case before not to Threadjack but the "see also" section on the wiki link posted has this interesting case of a Mig that had a partial engine failure on autopilot, pilot ejected only to have the engine regain some health and fly on out of soviet territory and crash in Eu...
- Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:15 am
- Forum: Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft
- Topic: Malaysia Airlines 777 - Missing
- Replies: 649
- Views: 118018
Re: Malaysia Airlines 777 - Missing
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10706853/MH370-Maldives-Islanders-claim-to-have-spotted-low-flying-jet.html http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-18/did-missing-flight-mh370-land-maldives-or-diego-garcia-full-updated-summary links to the reports of sightings of a low flying ...
- Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:01 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Westjet firms up order for 20 Q400 plus 25 options . . .
- Replies: 17
- Views: 6180
Re: Westjet firms up order for 20 Q400 plus 25 options . . .
+1 on the route ideas, anyone have any idea what routes these might be taking up?
i flew on a Q400 for the first time in october, was impressed at how much quieter and smoother? it was than the smaller/older dash 8 variants id flew on from CYYZ to CYYB
i flew on a Q400 for the first time in october, was impressed at how much quieter and smoother? it was than the smaller/older dash 8 variants id flew on from CYYZ to CYYB
- Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:25 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Guelph Airpark Diner
- Replies: 32
- Views: 5243
Re: Guelph Airpark Diner
Good to hear its going well
, next time im driving down that way ill have to stop in for lunch!
- Mon May 28, 2012 6:32 pm
- Forum: Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft
- Topic: Air Canada plane makes emergency landing at Pearson
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4455
Re: Air Canada plane makes emergency landing at Pearson
just saw this on the news, sounds like maybe an un-contained engine failure?
i agree with the above take everyhting in the media with an appropriate amount of salt, i also heard something on there about the approach and landing being made at "twice the normal speed"
i agree with the above take everyhting in the media with an appropriate amount of salt, i also heard something on there about the approach and landing being made at "twice the normal speed"
- Mon May 28, 2012 6:29 pm
- Forum: Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft
- Topic: Bullet hits Air Tindi floatplane in Yellowknife
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3139
Re: Bullet hits Air Tindi floatplane in Yellowknife
Crazy! could have easily taken out the prop or engine and things could have turned out much worse 
- Fri May 25, 2012 2:45 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: The Guard Police
- Replies: 23
- Views: 5811
Re: The Guard Police
Epic. 
- Sat May 19, 2012 10:15 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Passed my PPL flight test today !
- Replies: 20
- Views: 3683
Re: Passed my PPL flight test today !
Congradulations!! 
- Fri May 18, 2012 4:20 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Lots of Jet activity at CYYB?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1134
Re: Lots of Jet activity at CYYB?
theres my answer
....
looks like the aircraft here are the "alpha jet" trainers.
looks like the aircraft here are the "alpha jet" trainers.