Search found 241 matches

by gli77
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:18 am
Forum: WestJet
Topic: Mass Exodus in Tech Ops !!!
Replies: 14
Views: 10550

Re: Mass Exodus in Tech Ops !!!

Its simple. The BS has shown itself for what it is. Why surveys, the same year over year, no improvements. Throw them another bbq that'll shut them up. Continuous non-sense training which just numbs the brain. Sit through human factors training which tells you how bad night shift is for your health ...
by gli77
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:53 am
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: Garmin G5
Replies: 4
Views: 2956

Re: Garmin G5

You can write to Garmin and ask for the aircraft to be added to the AML STC. I did that for two aircraft and they added both models.
by gli77
Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:08 pm
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: Industry shortage?
Replies: 48
Views: 8690

These debates are best summed up with; "to each their own'. I've been contracting for 7 years, never been below $100,000/year, all expenses paid, living out of my suitcase from country to country, hotel to hotel, and absolutely love it. Most of my buddies can't see the attraction. On the other hand ...
by gli77
Wed May 23, 2007 4:28 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Criminal charges in aviation
Replies: 45
Views: 7613

I think the sentence should read

"...said the problem is not how many repeat offenders there are, as only 2.2% of fatal drunk-driving accidents are caused by repeat offenders..."
by gli77
Wed May 23, 2007 4:15 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Criminal charges in aviation
Replies: 45
Views: 7613

Good post hoptwoit. Although this sentence does not make sense. "Mary-Ann Kramer, a spokesperson for Mothers Against Drunk Driving, said the problem is not how many repeat offenders there are only 2.2 of fatal drunk-driving accidents are caused by repeat offenders" Canada is an appauling place somet...
by gli77
Wed May 23, 2007 1:01 am
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: Tools for the AME-E?
Replies: 8
Views: 2181

You'll figure it out as you go. Everyone tends to have slightly different tastes in what quality is.
by gli77
Tue May 22, 2007 4:33 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Car black box prepares for take-off
Replies: 50
Views: 7919

You're absolutely right Mitch.
by gli77
Tue May 22, 2007 4:32 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: High court rules cockpit recordings are public information
Replies: 67
Views: 9866

Touche CID. LOL. I love good wit.
by gli77
Mon May 21, 2007 9:44 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: High court rules cockpit recordings are public information
Replies: 67
Views: 9866

Well CID trend monitoring is done with engine monitor unit data and I think most people understand that. So if you look at the part that you quoted engine monitor is not included. As I indicated some operations I have been to do randomly check a CVR or FDR. I also indicated that the only time I have...
by gli77
Mon May 21, 2007 8:04 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: High court rules cockpit recordings are public information
Replies: 67
Views: 9866

Lommer and ei ei owe in most cases the only time I have seen data used is from an FDR, QAR, or engine monitor unit. The data is used for trend monitoring, and verifying proper operations. With my current operation the QAR disc is removed and analyzed daily. EMU data is downloaded every L check. And ...
by gli77
Mon May 21, 2007 5:59 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Car black box prepares for take-off
Replies: 50
Views: 7919

CID you are either extremely thick or justa troll. Either way I am bored with you. Continue annoying someone else.
by gli77
Sat May 19, 2007 8:25 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Car black box prepares for take-off
Replies: 50
Views: 7919

CID you certainly do not seem to have the experience to put 2 and 2 together. Against my better judgement I am going to reply to you. Recording voltage and resistance is not a new technology. Recorders and analyzer technology is quite old. A quick search found it exists here http://ca.fluke.com/caen...
by gli77
Sat May 19, 2007 7:16 pm
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: Tools for the AME-E?
Replies: 8
Views: 2181

Snap on for the flush cutters. Don't bother with anything else, especially if you are in a shop doing installs. SK is a great brand, especially the ratchets. I have yet to come across a shop that supplies strippers. Maybe the blades but not the strippers. Ideal industries is the way to go. The "cust...
by gli77
Fri May 18, 2007 5:47 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Car black box prepares for take-off
Replies: 50
Views: 7919

CID I was refering to other members that go off on tangents with your posts. I can see there point of view. Submit a P.O. and I will get back to you with your spec. data. My point is and was that a recording system for an aircraft such as a Beaver would not be too complicated and could be done. Ther...
by gli77
Fri May 18, 2007 10:14 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Car black box prepares for take-off
Replies: 50
Views: 7919

Holy shit folks. We're talking about a simple system to monitor a few parameters on a Beaver. A potentiometer would even work for flight control positions. In this hypothetical example you do not need to make use of a 737 FDR system. It's similar to a TCAS II versus a TCAD system. And as I've said i...
by gli77
Fri May 18, 2007 8:54 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Car black box prepares for take-off
Replies: 50
Views: 7919

Wow CID I can certainly see why people become frustrated with you. Shadin does have instruments for piston engines and that was not my point. My point was that there exists the probes/sensors already for engines for monitoring. They are basic and been around for some time. I used Shadin as an exampl...
by gli77
Fri May 18, 2007 8:37 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Teamsters Canada welcomes the proposed amendments to C-6
Replies: 12
Views: 1568

Interesting how giving the union credit where credit is due spins off into something else. 2R you are incorrect in your statement about cheap foreign imports. Toyota's are known to be higher priced than the big 3, yet sales still climb. Price out a Tacoma vs an S10. I would much rather be an auto wo...
by gli77
Fri May 18, 2007 1:37 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Criminal charges in aviation
Replies: 45
Views: 7613

On the flip side how many repeat impaired drivers are there on the roads?
by gli77
Fri May 18, 2007 1:36 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Car black box prepares for take-off
Replies: 50
Views: 7919

Hold on there Widow. I said that technically it can be done, and I would suspect you will see it more and more on new aircraft. The non-technical obstacles to implementing a data recording system on existing small aircraft are numerous and quite large. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
by gli77
Thu May 17, 2007 9:33 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Criminal charges in aviation
Replies: 45
Views: 7613

Yes that 7 day suspension really caught my eye. The flip side is I imagine the engineer was pretty terrified when he was found out and will likely not do that again. But at any rate I would think a year would be a good minimum for forged paperwork.
by gli77
Thu May 17, 2007 9:30 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Car black box prepares for take-off
Replies: 50
Views: 7919

CID I don't think you are coming at this from an engineering perspective. Engine parameters are easily recorded and that technology is available in the general aviation market from such companies as Shadin. You can record what ever you like as there is a probe/sensor available for every parameter. F...
by gli77
Thu May 17, 2007 7:20 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Criminal charges in aviation
Replies: 45
Views: 7613

It is a tricky business in determining criminal charges for aviation incidents/accidents. In Canada I can not recall any event, quite the opposite actually. For example I read this on another site with regards to recent enforcement actions and it shocked me: "Ontario May 12, 2006 CAR 571.10(1) 7 day...
by gli77
Thu May 17, 2007 6:35 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Teamsters Canada welcomes the proposed amendments to C-6
Replies: 12
Views: 1568

I am generally not a union fan but I have always acknowledged that unions generally improve and maintain a good level of workplace safety. It appears they may have assisted in this cause as well so I must give them their due.
by gli77
Thu May 17, 2007 6:24 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Car black box prepares for take-off
Replies: 50
Views: 7919

With regards to a CVR in a Beaver I think Boeingboy is bang on with his response about it being a single pilot aircraft and therefore the information gathered is likely not going to be much of a benefit. But for FDR's I would disagree with CID's responses. His numbers and statements are not in line ...
by gli77
Thu May 17, 2007 6:11 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: High court rules cockpit recordings are public information
Replies: 67
Views: 9866

[quote="CID"][quote] That's not exactly fair. Not everything said in a cockpit can be divided between "safe" and "unsafe". Sometimes there are a few off colour jokes shared between close friends. Sometimes it's a little free psycho-therapy as a couple of humans work out their problems. We're not tal...

Go to advanced search