Search found 1690 matches

by shimmydampner
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:47 am
Forum: Covid
Topic: Sky-high housing prices causing psychological harm
Replies: 16
Views: 1409

Re: Sky-high housing prices causing psychological harm

rookiepilot wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:20 pm I don’t want to read the opinions of know-nothing reporters.
So don't.
by shimmydampner
Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:20 am
Forum: Covid
Topic: Sky-high housing prices causing psychological harm
Replies: 16
Views: 1409

Re: Sky-high housing prices causing psychological harm

Wow. What a traumatic experience. GTFO then. Wow, "GTFO" to an immigrant couple who are working hard trying to start a new life as productive members of our society. Wait, I thought in today's world we were supposed to encourage fragility and be unquestioningly sympathetic to people's fee...
by shimmydampner
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:46 am
Forum: Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service
Topic: Residential School Airplane
Replies: 54
Views: 4101

Re: Residential School Airplane

In these communities, where addiction is already a disproportionately huge problem, easy access to cheap substances might outweigh the benefits. "We mustn't build any roads! They're all addicts and will just overdose on cheaper narcotics!" There is no easy answer to magically make these p...
by shimmydampner
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:21 pm
Forum: Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service
Topic: Residential School Airplane
Replies: 54
Views: 4101

Re: Residential School Airplane

It's not just about the cost of travel, it's also about what can be transported, and when . Don't forget, that cuts both ways. I think all season roads to our fly-in communities would make more difference than anyone could ever possibly imagine. In these communities, where addiction is already a di...
by shimmydampner
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:41 pm
Forum: Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service
Topic: Residential School Airplane
Replies: 54
Views: 4101

Re: A Painful Reminder Or a Lifesaver

I was asked by digits for a suggestion. I gave one, and of course now get trolled for it. I’m completely unfamiliar with fly in communities outside Ont. Water is another obvious problem. At least I’m commenting having briefly visited a few of these communities, and not from a CBC article. Not troll...
by shimmydampner
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:35 am
Forum: Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service
Topic: Residential School Airplane
Replies: 54
Views: 4101

Re: A Painful Reminder Or a Lifesaver

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:26 pm I think it’s time to put an all weather road into NW ontario.
To where? And what about the dozens of other fly in communities around the country?
by shimmydampner
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:57 pm
Forum: Covid
Topic: Are you vaccinated?
Replies: 156
Views: 8709

Re: Are you vaccinated?

Vitamin D is obviously very important, but the point is there is no evidence that supplementation makes any difference to COVID. And certainly "skipping the flu shot and taking a Vitamin D supplement" isn't a very helpful statement. Certainly skipping the flu shot seems irrelevant to this...
by shimmydampner
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:23 pm
Forum: Covid
Topic: Are you vaccinated?
Replies: 156
Views: 8709

Re: Are you vaccinated?

deadbear, you're not really fan of science are you? The thing you posted said "preprint - not peer reviewed". There has actually been a study into vitamin D supplementation in covid, and they didn't make any difference: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2776738 The fact th...
by shimmydampner
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:09 am
Forum: Covid
Topic: Are you vaccinated?
Replies: 156
Views: 8709

Re: Are you vaccinated?

Where did the article you strategically quoted say that it's not advisable to get a flu shot?
Conclusions
Receipt of influenza vaccination was not associated with virus interference among our population.
by shimmydampner
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:10 pm
Forum: Covid
Topic: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia
Replies: 44
Views: 2715

Re: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia

If you dig a little deeper you'll see they are "authorized with conditions" under an interim order that allows their use even though they have not gone through the normal, full regulatory processes. If you'd like to argue based on semantics, that's fine. But it's fairly obvious that these ...
by shimmydampner
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:57 pm
Forum: Covid
Topic: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia
Replies: 44
Views: 2715

Re: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia

I’m not sure why you say COVID-19 vaccines are not approved. They’re allowed to be injected into people by medical authorities on a worldwide basis. That meets my definition of approved. Well, personal, made-up definitions aside, it's really quite simple. I say that because it is a verifiable fact....
by shimmydampner
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:42 pm
Forum: Covid
Topic: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia
Replies: 44
Views: 2715

Re: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia

Have there ever been any vaccines that have long term effects which became apparent only after 12 months? Well that's kind of a loaded question. Have there ever been any vaccines that have been administered by the hundreds of millions before they were approved? Have there ever been any vaccines tha...
by shimmydampner
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:47 pm
Forum: Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft
Topic: Ex-SAA pilot with 100% safety record died because his passenger was too heavy
Replies: 34
Views: 2274

Re: Ex-SAA pilot with 100% safety record died because his passenger was too heavy

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:02 pm With that sort of mindset I don't think flying for a living is your cup of tea.
That's a rather bold statement from someone who does not fly for a living.
by shimmydampner
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:08 am
Forum: Covid
Topic: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia
Replies: 44
Views: 2715

Re: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia

Which leads to the second point, this idea that "less than a year's research" has been done on these vaccines. What ignorant nonsense. To calculate the man-years of R&D of something you have to consider the total number of people working on something at any one time, the level of expe...
by shimmydampner
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:33 pm
Forum: Covid
Topic: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia
Replies: 44
Views: 2715

Re: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia

The entire world is doing nothing else but research, at present. You're absolutely correct. We're all lab rats in the largest uninformed vaccine trial in history. They're finding issues with the vaccines after millions of people have been dosed. When you get your cocktail of preventative drugs befo...
by shimmydampner
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:57 pm
Forum: Covid
Topic: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia
Replies: 44
Views: 2715

Re: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia

All of which likely came with decades of research and data as to their effects on human beings. Since he didn’t say which vaccinations he had, you couldn’t possibly comment on what research and data had been collected, or for how long, could you? That's why I used the word "likely." Given...
by shimmydampner
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:00 am
Forum: Covid
Topic: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia
Replies: 44
Views: 2715

Re: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:59 pm Do you have any idea how many shots and pills I was required to take to fly all over Asia and Africa? None of which had the side effect of whining about tyranny on Avcanada.
All of which likely came with decades of research and data as to their effects on human beings.
by shimmydampner
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:04 am
Forum: Covid
Topic: Are you vaccinated?
Replies: 156
Views: 8709

Re: Are you vaccinated?

I was operating on a paranoia level for much of the year :bigscared: due to wanting to avoid long covid symptoms(and a 1 in 200 chance of death according to one report of how things were in April). Unless you're over 80, a quick internet search and some simple math would have put your mind at ease.
by shimmydampner
Wed May 26, 2021 7:37 am
Forum: Covid
Topic: Lockdowns actually helped the economy
Replies: 8
Views: 1155

Re: Lockdowns actually helped the economy

The fact is, even without lockdowns, plenty of people will avoid restaurants and other crowded spaces during a pandemic simply out of fear of catching the virus. If that "fact" is indeed true, and people naturally tend towards social distance and isolation in a pandemic anyways, then why ...
by shimmydampner
Mon May 24, 2021 7:44 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: RYanair forced to land in “White Russia”
Replies: 37
Views: 2513

Re: RYanair forced to land in “White Russia”

ReserveTank wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:50 am Canadians.... passively accepting that Canadian boys should be snipped and made into eunuchs.
Uhhhhh, I'm sorry...what's this now?

Go to advanced search