Well, I'm not really an expert on anything...

If you are a seasoned professional in a certain aviation field and would like to give advice in your area of expertise place a topic in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako

fougapilot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Well, I'm not really an expert on anything...

Post by fougapilot »

But I have a bit of experience in many facet of aviation;

Some military flying,
Some gliding,
A bunch of instruction; Ab-initio, Muti-IFR, College, PPC training on Pistons and Turbo-prop, Ground school/Flight simulator instruction/Check pilot on Challenger 600/601

A bunch of flying (about 8000hrs by now);
2000hrs of instruction
2000hrs on Navajos flying Charters, night courrier, corporate and medevac
600hrs on Cheyenne mostly medevac
2500hrs on Challengers series all corporate
1000hrs various Warbirds for the fun of it and for airshow flying.

So, this being said, ask away if there is anything I can do to help.

F
---------- ADS -----------

fanspeed
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Well, I'm not really an expert on anything...

Post by fanspeed »

I have a variety of experience as well,

Started with gliders in the Air Cadet program, including time instructing (about 10 students) and lots of time at my local "zone",

Also did the private licence with the program, and then went to an aviation college,

Went on a road trip across the north, where I found a job-variety of charter, medevac, scheduled service(small time),including float, single, multi and turbo prop,

Got on at a larger charter operator and operated a variety of piston/turboprop/jet aircraft throughout North America,

Worked for a private individual flying a corporate jet in the Middle East, followed by a stint with a charter/sched operator.

Currently working as a test pilot for an aircraft manufacturer.

Most of my experience is in the charter and corporate world, but if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I have had success, failure, PFO's, lay offs, emergencies, stupidities, lots of great friends and many beers,

fanspeed

Brantford Beech Boy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Brantford Beech Boy »

fougapilot wrote:But I have a bit of experience in many facet of aviation;
+1

If u have ??, I can provide insight into the world of:

705 t-jet airline ops
704 t-prop ops (charter, sked and medevac)
703 charter world including the oil patch
Arctic ops including off-strip
Dedicated cargo ops (especially out of YHM)
Type Rating Instruction [TRI] (aka company training captain)

Cheers
BBB

"Almost anywhere, almost anytime...worldwide(ish)"
square
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by square »

Brantford Beech Boy wrote:
fougapilot wrote:But I have a bit of experience in many facet of aviation;
+1

If u have ??, I can provide insight into the world of:

705 t-jet airline ops
704 t-prop ops (charter, sked and medevac)
703 charter world including the oil patch
Arctic ops including off-strip
Dedicated cargo ops (especially out of YHM)
Type Rating Instruction [TRI] (aka company training captain)

Cheers
BBB
Hey. I'm in the 703 charter world in the oil patch right now, so this attracted my attention.. I'm kind of looking to make a move right now because the winter here is stupid, it's too cold to fly the piston stuff so I'd be twiddling my thumbs. I have like 800 hours, 700 pic, my multi-ifr but only the 40 hrs. multi I started with. I've been rapidfiring resumes via email but haven't gotten any offers or interviews yet. Just looking to get some advice on where and how to make my move, how did you make yours?

Thanks

oneill10999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oneill10999 »

Hello,
, i need your Mentoring and wisdom .

I need some advice and some wisdom on this one, and only someone who has lived it can provide the answer to this Sticky little question haha .....

At MFC(moncton flight college), you can pay, $45,000 to do a 1 year integrated program, and receive your Commercial, Multi, IFR(1).....You Get 400+ hours of ground school(40 of which is a special cource focusing on Crew Resource management) ,also you get 7.5 hours on a King Air Sim(above and beyond your required flight time for the Commercial,Multi, IFR) , and most importantly you receive a ""Frozen ATPL"" that will be Frozen for up to 5 years until you get your 1500 hours of flight time, at which time the ATPL will be activated.

HOWEVER......For $37,500, So $7500 Less... You can do a Modular program, where you will also get Your Commercial, Multi, IFR(1). However, You only get 200 hours of ground school, half that of the integrated program(400+ hours)(and you do not receive the 40 special ground school hours focussing on crew resource management), you also do not get the 7.5 hours of bonus flight time on the King Air Sim, and YOU DO NOT get the ""Frozen ATPL".......

Im just wondering... Is it worth 7500$ to have someone prepare you for/give you a ground school to prepare for the ATPL, and then write it and have it already in place and Frozen waiting to be activated when you do hit 1500 hours of flight time????? Or should i save the $7500... and worry about Studying for, and writing the ATPL when i reach 1500 hours... Or is it worth 7500$ just to have someone help me study for it, and get it written and out of the way before i even finish flight school, so its there in place and finished and ready to go????

Thanks ;)

Derek :)
F/O Crunch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by F/O Crunch »

You're required to show that you have 750hrs experience in order to attempt the ATPL exams. If i'm missing something on that one do correct me!
I don't really know much at all about MFC, but based on your post, save the several thousand. I you wanted to, later on you could hit up an ATPL aerocourse weekend for a couple hundred. I'm sure lots of folks would recommend it.
Lots of time for CRM classes in the future, and 200hrs sounds like more than enough to bring me to tears!

Focus on what is important to get you off the ground with all this. There are plenty of exams in the gauntlet to worry about before the SAMRA/SARONs.

Goodluck and have fun!

foc

Sure is hot in these Rhinos
F/O Crunch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by F/O Crunch »

whoops, just saw the date... guess i'm a little late huh

Sure is hot in these Rhinos

Return to “I have a great deal of aviation experience in:”