Air Sprint Questions

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Kardow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Air Sprint Questions

Post by Kardow » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:28 am

Hi, just wondering if you will still be hiring in the next few months? I have 3500 hours with 1000h PIC on 705 aircraft. Thank you!
---------- ADS -----------

AirSprintInc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AirSprintInc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 am

Kardow wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:28 am
Hi, just wondering if you will still be hiring in the next few months? I have 3500 hours with 1000h PIC on 705 aircraft. Thank you!
Good Morning Kardow,

We do forecast additional hiring in the coming months so if you are interested in joining AirSprint I encourage you to submit a resume to careers@airsprint.com or you can send it directly to me at mnr@airsprint.com.

In addition, should you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

I hope you have a pleasant weekend!

Kind Regards,

Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot C25A/B
AirSprint Inc.

pilot96140
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pilot96140 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:13 am

Hi Guys,

I noticed that the requirements for an FO are pretty high, does anyone know if Air Sprint has been hiring below their minimums posted? The company sounds very transparent with a decent work life balance, it's definitely spiked my interest in applying.

Thanks

AirSprintInc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AirSprintInc » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:45 am

pilot96140 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:13 am
Hi Guys,

I noticed that the requirements for an FO are pretty high, does anyone know if Air Sprint has been hiring below their minimums posted? The company sounds very transparent with a decent work life balance, it's definitely spiked my interest in applying.

Thanks
Hi Pilot96140,

Thank you for your interest in AirSprint! We do occasionally hire below the stated minimums depending on previous experience or if there is an internal recommend involved, but we do try to stay fairly close to them as much as possible. That said, I always encourage everyone to apply if you are interested in working with us, no matter what your experience level is. It shows interest in the company and sometimes it's a matter of right place, right time :)

Feel free to reach out to me directly with your details if you like at mnr@airsprint.com, otherwise you can forward your resume to careers@airsprint.com and I will receive it that way too.

Kind Regards,

Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot C25A/B

780Pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 780Pilot » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Anyone know the typical upgrade time for a FO to get Captaincy???

digits_
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by digits_ » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:19 pm

780Pilot wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:16 pm
One year per superfluous question mark.

AirSprintInc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AirSprintInc » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:56 pm

780Pilot wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:16 pm
Hi 780Pilot,

For the Citation fleet I am forecasting approximately 2 years, it could be a little bit more or less depending on where you are based. This is what we are currently seeing and is subject to change as a result of several factors such as growth, attrition, etc.

Feel free to contact me directly at mnr@airsprint.com if you would like additional information!

Kind Regards,
Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot C25A/B
AirSprint Inc.

ehv8oar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ehv8oar » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi Matt,

Just wondering if it would be possible (feasible) to work at AirSprint at yyz or yul and commute from Halifax?

AirSprintInc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AirSprintInc » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:00 pm

ehv8oar wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:38 pm
Hi Matt,

Just wondering if it would be possible (feasible) to work at AirSprint at yyz or yul and commute from Halifax?
Hi ehv8oar,

Currently our only policy is that you are able to report to your home base airport within 90 minutes of receiving a phone call do so when you are on reserve. And while we don't have a policy one way or the other on commuting, I cannot in good conscience recommend it due to the expense (we do not have any agreements in place with any airlines) and the additional time involved to position back and forth on your days off.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Kind Regards,

Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot C25A/B
AirSprint Inc.

Radiohead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Radiohead » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:28 pm

ehv8oar wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:38 pm
Hi Matt,

Halifax was on the original list of potential secondary bases that was floated by management when they were first considering the idea and surveying the pilots, but mostly only western cities made the final cut besides Quebec City and the later-addition of Ottawa once the ridiculousness of its exclusion was mentioned.

Maybe if you ask sweetly enough they will make an exception?

AirSprintInc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AirSprintInc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:23 am

Hello ehv8oar,

The current list of approved base airports is CYYJ, CYVR, CYLW, CYYC, CYEG, CYWG, CYYZ, CYOW, CYUL, CYQB, and CYFC. The airports are selected by looking at how many clients are based in the cities, how often we fly to those particular locations, and the feasibility of positioning pilots in and out of those locations for flight assignments. Using some calculations and spreadsheet wizardry we have developed a system what accurately predicts the required number of pilots at each location. Ottawa has always been an approved airport since the secondary base structure was brought in last year.

We're not setup to commute pilots, but CYHZ is not out of the question as a secondary base. We had originally looked at it but had no pilot demand for the location. In short, it is definitely something we can talk about.

Cheers,

Adam

Radiohead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Radiohead » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:03 pm

AirSprintInc wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:23 am
Ottawa has always been an approved airport since the secondary base structure was brought in last year.
To be fair, Adam, the original announcement of secondary bases did not include Ottawa, the announcement was amended about a week later to include YOW.

Probably a moot point, since the announcement preceded the implementation of the secondary base structure, and in that sense it was "always" part of the secondary base structure upon implementation, but it was not on the "original" list of secondary bases.

'97 Tercel
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by '97 Tercel » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:29 pm

What? I'll need my lawyer to read that over

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:16 pm

Radiohead wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:03 pm
AirSprintInc wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:23 am
Ottawa has always been an approved airport since the secondary base structure was brought in last year.
To be fair, Adam, the original announcement of secondary bases did not include Ottawa, the announcement was amended about a week later to include YOW.

Probably a moot point, since the announcement preceded the implementation of the secondary base structure, and in that sense it was "always" part of the secondary base structure upon implementation, but it was not on the "original" list of secondary bases.
Hi radio,

Seeing as I was part of the conversation with regards to the secondary bases and you have brought Ottawa up a few times I figured I would clarify what happened. If memory serves me correctly the conversation went like this:

Adam: Hey James, we forgot to include Ottawa on the secondary base list, you're good with it right?
James: Yep.
Adam: Ok, I'll update the list.

Ottawa was omitted but it was never rejected. AirSprint's first ever base east of Calgary was in Ottawa and we had pilots living out of Ottawa for around 8 years between 2000 and 2015.

Hope this clarifies it.

James

ehv8oar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ehv8oar » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:42 pm

Hey Adam, just sent you a PM.

Return to “Corporate”