Charter air services looking to expand

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

racer-pilot-rob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Charter air services looking to expand

Post by racer-pilot-rob »

I have been tasked with finding a charter/corperate company looking to expand into a new city that is in need of a charter aircraft to fill a current role for local business and potentially tourists as well. If anyone knows of such a company or investor, please pm me with details. We are thinking along the lines of a king air, but a large piston prop twin or economical jet may also be considered. The local Chamber of Commerce is also part of this and could help with Transport Canada and airport authority to expedite the process. There are plenty of talented pilots, maintenance and hangers available locally.
If you are interested in knowing more, feel free to pm me for questions, or even a contact number.
Thanks in advance
---------- ADS -----------

eastpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Charter air services looking to expand

Post by eastpilot »

Economical. Jet. Two different and opposite words! :lol:
How many seats would you want?
How much range would you want?
Cargo capacity?
Weather capability?

racer-pilot-rob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by racer-pilot-rob »

economical jet compared to other jets, but yes, usually polar opposites haha.

I am thinking in terms of 6-8 seats.
Range of about 1000NM at least.
Cargo would be enough for typical baggage of 6-8 people. at least 250lbs would be nice
Definitely would like "all weather" aircraft. Nothing is truly all weather, but wing deice, anti ice systems for east coast flying.
I am leaning towards king air family, or equivalent, just for reference.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

So you looking for anything from a Navajo to a Lear? Good luck with the business plan, sounds solid.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Where are you operating this aircraft out of?

So many variables to consider, including home base, runway length, type of destinations, etc. To just ask what peoples thoughts are, more info would be required to give sound judgment.

For instance, if you are doing medevacs from Calgary to Toronto, 3 x's a week I am going to tell you to look for a jet like the Lear 35, however if you are doing Calgary to Vancouver I'd recommend the King Air 350.

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

racer-pilot-rob wrote:I have been tasked with finding a charter/corperate company looking to expand into a new city that is in need of a charter aircraft to fill a current role for local business and potentially tourists as well. If anyone knows of such a company or investor, please pm me with details. We are thinking along the lines of a king air, but a large piston prop twin or economical jet may also be considered. The local Chamber of Commerce is also part of this and could help with Transport Canada and airport authority to expedite the process. There are plenty of talented pilots, maintenance and hangers available locally.
If you are interested in knowing more, feel free to pm me for questions, or even a contact number.
Thanks in advance

hmm, plenty of Hangar Space many talented pilots and AME's, yet no charter airline. I think the free market has spoken, this is a looser.

And now the local chamber of commerce wants to help with TC, sorry hahah good one. Tell ya what if the local city underwrites it ill take a look at it.

Return to “Corporate”