Air Sprint Questions

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Air Sprint Questions

Post by ayseven »

Yes, I second the question; enquiring minds want to know!
---------- ADS -----------

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

Hi Sky_Conqueror and ayseven,

Anyone that has been placed into the pool for future considerations will remain there. Only applicants that we feel would be a good fit for AirSprint are placed into the pool. When new positions open up we often look to the pool first, but entertain new applications as well.

That said, our main priority will be returning our inactive pilot group back to active status first as we transition out of the pandemic.

I encourage both of you to contact either myself or Matt Sanders directly for hiring updates as we are both happy to provide them at any time.

Hope that helps and that you both are staying safe and healthy!

Matt Rolleman

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Thanks for that. It is not that often people take the time to communicate with prospective employees. It says something.

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

As an update, the last few months has seen a steady improvement in flying and several new clients. The Canadian quarantine is still holding back flying from traditional norms so I would not say that we are back to normal, but there has been significant improvement. All of AirSprint's employees who were on a temporary layoff are now back and the 20% salary reduction has now been amended to 10% with back pay for the difference from when it was first reduced on May 1st. We will be hiring in the near future for 1 pilot, 1 apprentice AME, and a few operations positions, with more hiring expected in the fall. For the remainder of 2020 we will likely be hiring between 5 and 12 pilots.

Take care.

James

delfinjetpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by delfinjetpilot »

What about the first group of pilots that got laid off? If the rumours in the FBO crew rooms are correct, there are at least 2 fairly senior pilots that haven't been recalled yet.

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

delfinjetpilot wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:28 pm What about the first group of pilots that got laid off? If the rumours in the FBO crew rooms are correct, there are at least 2 fairly senior pilots that haven't been recalled yet.
Very early in the pandemic in mid-March a few pilots from secondary bases were laid off. It would not be right to speak in more detail about former employees on a public forum but these initial layoffs were not temporary and came at a different time than the subsequent temporary layoffs in May.

James

Last edited by AirSprint HR on Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

CJdriver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CJdriver »

'97 Tercel wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:33 pm Image
Its called cleaning house!

Radiohead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Radiohead »

AirSprint HR wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:08 am
Very early in the pandemic in mid-March a few pilots from secondary bases were laid off. It would not be right to speak in more detail about former employees on a public forum but these initial layoffs were not temporary and came at a different time than the subsequent temporary layoffs in May.

James
Unsurprising.

delfinjetpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by delfinjetpilot »

Radiohead wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:18 pm
Unsurprising.
This seems to imply you have some more information? :wink:

Radiohead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Radiohead »

delfinjetpilot wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:15 pm
This seems to imply you have some more information? :wink:
About the two individuals specifically? Afraid not, thankfully I am not in touch with that organization directly anymore.

Even if I did, anything I say specifically will be cheerily rebuked by one of the upper management types that run the AirSprintHR account, so I will just have to allow their post on this matter stand for itself, as it seems plain enough.

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

AirSprint HR wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:47 pm As an update, the last few months has seen a steady improvement in flying and several new clients. The Canadian quarantine is still holding back flying from traditional norms so I would not say that we are back to normal, but there has been significant improvement. All of AirSprint's employees who were on a temporary layoff are now back and the 20% salary reduction has now been amended to 10% with back pay for the difference from when it was first reduced on May 1st. We will be hiring in the near future for 1 pilot, 1 apprentice AME, and a few operations positions, with more hiring expected in the fall. For the remainder of 2020 we will likely be hiring between 5 and 12 pilots.

Take care.

James
New Update. Flying has continued to increase over the last few weeks and as of September 1st, salaries for all employees are back to 100% of pre-April levels.

I hope that the rest of the industry sees a similar rebound that we have in the not too distant future.

James

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

That should be screamed from the rooftops. People need encouragement. Excellent news!

WCJetPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WCJetPilot »

Great to hear things are starting to rebound. I may even throw my resume in the hat, although I'm sure they're getting hundreds of pilot resumes for laid-off airline folk these days.

Curious on why one of the Legacy 450's is up for sale?
www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/196 ... t-aircraft
Wonder if it's being replaced or if the demand for the larger aircraft isn't strong during the Covid-19 locked down world we live in, thus it's time to get an asset off the books.

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

WCJetPilot wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:57 am Great to hear things are starting to rebound. I may even throw my resume in the hat, although I'm sure they're getting hundreds of pilot resumes for laid-off airline folk these days.

Wonder if it's being replaced or if the demand for the larger aircraft isn't strong during the Covid-19 locked down world we live in, thus it's time to get an asset off the books.
This aircraft is currently part of AirSprint's core fleet and is being replaced by a newer one.

Thanks,

James

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

AirSprint HR wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:20 am
WCJetPilot wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:57 am Great to hear things are starting to rebound. I may even throw my resume in the hat, although I'm sure they're getting hundreds of pilot resumes for laid-off airline folk these days.

This aircraft is currently part of AirSprint's core fleet and is being replaced by a newer one.

Thanks,

James
I guess I should update this post. We ended up keeping the aircraft referenced above in addition to the one we purchased. The one we purchased was recently upgraded to become a Praetor 500 and the above one will follow with the same upgrade later this year. We also added a CJ3+ to the fleet in the second half of the year and recently ordered another one. We have a third Praetor 500 on order for later this year as well.

For those interested, I am currently hiring for a Director, Safety & Quality: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=144817&p=1148732&hi ... t#p1148732

Hope everyone is doing ok these days.

James

Concordski
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Concordski »

Hi AirSprint team,

Do you have any updates on the current hiring situation?

I’ve applied a few times, but haven’t had much success.

Thanks for any feedback!

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

Concordski wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 pm Hi AirSprint team,

Do you have any updates on the current hiring situation?

I’ve applied a few times, but haven’t had much success.

Thanks for any feedback!
Good Afternoon,

We continue to have a need for new First Officers to join our team and forecast that to continue for the next several months. While we place a great deal of importance on internal recommends from our teammates, we do consider all applicants when hiring for new positions. If you like please feel free to send your resume directly to me at mnr@airsprint.com, along with any questions you may have, and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Thanks for your interest!

Matt Rolleman

ZiggyG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ZiggyG »

Hello AirSprint

Just wondering if in the upcoming hiring, will you be filling right seat roles on the Embraer if the experience fits or does everyone start right seat on the CJ regardless of time / experience. Also any possible DEC roles on the CJ.

Thank you

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

ZiggyG wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:10 am Hello AirSprint

Just wondering if in the upcoming hiring, will you be filling right seat roles on the Embraer if the experience fits or does everyone start right seat on the CJ regardless of time / experience. Also any possible DEC roles on the CJ.

Thank you
Good Morning ZiggyG,

The current round of hiring is only for FO CJ positions. We have hired directly onto the Embraer fleet before though, but for FO positions those pilots will normally transition back to the CJ fleet for a captain position prior to becoming a Captain on the Embraer. Direct entry captain positions with us our extremely rare as we prefer to upgrade from within. Our current group of First Officers are excellent pilots with many meeting our upgrade requirements and so I do not forecast any DEC positions in the short to medium term.

Kind Regards,
Matt Rolleman

Return to “Corporate”