Air Sprint Questions

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Otto Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Sprint Questions

Post by Otto Pilot »

AirSprintInc wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:57 am
ZiggyG wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:10 am Hello AirSprint

Just wondering if in the upcoming hiring, will you be filling right seat roles on the Embraer if the experience fits or does everyone start right seat on the CJ regardless of time / experience. Also any possible DEC roles on the CJ.

Thank you
Good Morning ZiggyG,

The current round of hiring is only for FO CJ positions. We have hired directly onto the Embraer fleet before though, but for FO positions those pilots will normally transition back to the CJ fleet for a captain position prior to becoming a Captain on the Embraer. Direct entry captain positions with us our extremely rare as we prefer to upgrade from within. Our current group of First Officers are excellent pilots with many meeting our upgrade requirements and so I do not forecast any DEC positions in the short to medium term.

Kind Regards,
Matt Rolleman
Will there be a round of hiring anytime soon?
---------- ADS -----------

Otto Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Otto Pilot »

Just wondering if in the upcoming hiring, will you be filling right seat roles on the Embraer if the experience fits or does everyone start right seat on the CJ regardless of time / experience. Also any possible DEC roles on the CJ.

Thank you
Good Morning ZiggyG,

The current round of hiring is only for FO CJ positions. We have hired directly onto the Embraer fleet before though, but for FO positions those pilots will normally transition back to the CJ fleet for a captain position prior to becoming a Captain on the Embraer. Direct entry captain positions with us our extremely rare as we prefer to upgrade from within. Our current group of First Officers are excellent pilots with many meeting our upgrade requirements and so I do not forecast any DEC positions in the short to medium term.

Kind Regards,
Matt Rolleman

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

Otto Pilot wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:04 am

Thank you
Good Morning ZiggyG,

Kind Regards,
Matt Rolleman
Good Morning Otto,

There will be some limited hiring through to the end of the year for CJ First Officer positions. Our current forecast is for those positions to be Calgary based.

Kind Regards,
Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot C25A/B

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

A quick update with our hiring forecast for the remainder of 2021 and into 2022. We are experiencing significant growth with several new aircraft joining both the Embraer and Citation fleets through the end of 2022. With these new aircraft we now have several open positions on the Citation and Embraer fleets for both First Officers and Captains. If you have applied with us in the past we would encourage you to submit an updated resume. Please see our post in the Aviation Job Ads section HERE.

Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot, C25A/B

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

This is a great thread, thanks so much to airsprint for being a transparent and proactive employer,

I have one question: is YVR available as a pilot base?

Thanks
WP

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

wallypilot wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:04 pm This is a great thread, thanks so much to airsprint for being a transparent and proactive employer,

Thanks
WP
I know a few that have flown here and really enjoyed it. It is a good thread I think that the company is engaging with the questions actively, speaks very highly of the company, not many do.

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

wallypilot wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:04 pm This is a great thread, thanks so much to airsprint for being a transparent and proactive employer,

Thanks
WP
Hi Wallypilot,

We have paused hiring into our secondary pilot bases (YVR being one) due to reduced airline frequency as a result of the Covid 19 Pandemic. This is a temporary measure and as long as airlines continue to increase their frequencies and service areas over the next 6-12 months we do expect to be able to offer these bases again.

Kind Regards,
Matt Rolleman

circle2land
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by circle2land »

AirSprint folks thanks for your openness and transparency on this forum and in general with your pilot guide.

I noticed the latest ad is looking for Embraer captains as well. Is this position typically filled internally with FO upgrades? Are you likely to hire from the outside if a qualified individual applies?

Thanks
C2L

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

circle2land wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:42 am AirSprint folks thanks for your openness and transparency on this forum and in general with your pilot guide.

I noticed the latest ad is looking for Embraer captains as well. Is this position typically filled internally with FO upgrades? Are you likely to hire from the outside if a qualified individual applies?

Thanks
C2L
Hi Circle2land,

Internally, normal progression would be left seat CJ to left seat Embraer. While our preference is to upgrade from within as much as possible, the significant growth we are currently experiencing has resulted in a need to fill some positions externally.

Kind Regards,
Matt Rolleman

Joe Blow Schmo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Joe Blow Schmo »

Question about the pay scales: Looking at the scales in the pilot career guide they look to be the same as I remember from the guide a few years ago. Is that correct? I understand that you move up within the scale each year but how often are the scales themselves revised?

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

Joe Blow Schmo wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:51 am Question about the pay scales: Looking at the scales in the pilot career guide they look to be the same as I remember from the guide a few years ago. Is that correct? I understand that you move up within the scale each year but how often are the scales themselves revised?
Hi Joe,

That is correct, we review salaries on an ongoing basis through evaluation of other similar operators in our industry as well as feedback from our crew. So while there is no set period where we adjust pay, it is something that is continuously evaluated and adjusted to remain competitive within the industry.

Thanks,
Matt

yowflyer23
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yowflyer23 »

AirSprintInc wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:12 am

Thanks
WP
Hi Wallypilot,

We have paused hiring into our secondary pilot bases (YVR being one) due to reduced airline frequency as a result of the Covid 19 Pandemic. This is a temporary measure and as long as airlines continue to increase their frequencies and service areas over the next 6-12 months we do expect to be able to offer these bases again.

Kind Regards,
Matt Rolleman
Hi Matt,

For these secondary bases, how does the schedule work? Is there an actual aircraft based at the secondary bases or do you just have lots of flights to those locations and can justify having pilots based there? My apologies if you've answered this previously. There aren't many companies with a YOW base, so when I have the necessary experience, I would definitely be interested in joining your team if that base is ever offered again.

All the best.

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

yowflyer23 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 pm
AirSprintInc wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:12 am

Thanks
WP
Hi Wallypilot,

Kind Regards,
Matt Rolleman
Hi Matt,

For these secondary bases, how does the schedule work? Is there an actual aircraft based at the secondary bases or do you just have lots of flights to those locations and can justify having pilots based there? My apologies if you've answered this previously. There aren't many companies with a YOW base, so when I have the necessary experience, I would definitely be interested in joining your team if that base is ever offered again.

All the best.
Good Afternoon yow,

Great question, our secondary pilot bases, and the number of pilots we can have based at them, are determined by how many clients we have residing at that location combined with our frequency of operation there. Our aircraft don't hold bases per se as they travel across the continent to wherever they may be needed.

Unfortunately, due to the pandemic and significant reduction in airline frequency, we are currently only hiring into our main bases of Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal, but are hopeful we can open up hiring again for the secondary bases sometime next year.

I hope that answers your question and don't please don't hesitate to apply even if you do not meet the requirements. We love to see continued interest from pilots and you never know, sometimes it can be a case of right place right time.

Matt

mainsheet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mainsheet »

Not sure if this has been asked, but does Sprint have a max age for hiring?

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

mainsheet wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:21 am Not sure if this has been asked, but does Sprint have a max age for hiring?
Hi mainsheet,

We do not have a maximum age for hiring as there are currently no limits in Canada for pilot age under 704/604 regulations.

Thanks,
Matt

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Dronepiper »

Hi Matt!

First time poster on this thread. First off, thank you very much for being so open about the pilot side of your operation (Both through this forum, and your pilot guide). I wish more operators would do that. I feel its a huge time saver for everyone. This way you don’t have people apply to the job, just to find out during the interview, that it’s not the job for them. It saves you a lot of time screening resumes, and interviewing, and it saves an applicant time as-well. Thank you for this. I guess time for my questions lol

1. I know this will depend on current clientele, but what sub bases do you normally operate? When available, are these offered based on seniority?

2. How often are you flying the same people? Are you generally assigned to one aircraft, and one or two clients? How often are you doing ad-hoc charters I guess is my real question lol.

I currently fly corporate (Albeit on a smaller scale) and I love flying the same people because I get to really know them.

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

Dronepiper wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:33 pm Hi Matt!

First time poster on this thread. First off, thank you very much for being so open about the pilot side of your operation (Both through this forum, and your pilot guide). I wish more operators would do that. I feel its a huge time saver for everyone. This way you don’t have people apply to the job, just to find out during the interview, that it’s not the job for them. It saves you a lot of time screening resumes, and interviewing, and it saves an applicant time as-well. Thank you for this. I guess time for my questions lol

1. I know this will depend on current clientele, but what sub bases do you normally operate? When available, are these offered based on seniority?

2. How often are you flying the same people? Are you generally assigned to one aircraft, and one or two clients? How often are you doing ad-hoc charters I guess is my real question lol.

I currently fly corporate (Albeit on a smaller scale) and I love flying the same people because I get to really know them.
Good Morning Dronepiper,

1. Pilot Secondary Bases normally include CYYJ, CYVR, CYLW, CYEG, CYXE, CYWG and CYQB. These bases are available on a first come first served basis when they are available.

2. As our clients are also our owners, we do fly the same people on a regular basis. Over the course of time you will generally fly the same clients on a regular basis and also build a relationship with them. It is not as often as what you would experience in a true corporate or managed aircraft scenario, but still often enough that they will learn your name and vice/versa. Our aircraft go to where the client demand is, so they do not necessarily hold a specific base. For that reason, pilots are not assigned a specific tail and will fly any of the tails of the specific type they operate (CJ2+, CJ3+, Legacy/Praetor) and can operate coast to coast. We do not offer charter services, so you do need to be an owner or a guest of an owner to be on board our aircraft.

Thanks,
Matt

blueoval56
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by blueoval56 »

Hello sir,

I am seeing your most recent job ad a little late, but have you filled all of your Captain positions?

As a side note, after reading through this entire thread, the openess and transparency of the Airsprint team is truly refreshing!

Thanks

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

blueoval56 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:36 pm Hello sir,

I am seeing your most recent job ad a little late, but have you filled all of your Captain positions?

As a side note, after reading through this entire thread, the openess and transparency of the Airsprint team is truly refreshing!

Thanks
Hi blueoval56,

Our application window is still open for both Captains and First Officers so I encourage you to apply!

Matt

blueoval56
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by blueoval56 »

AirSprintInc wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:23 pm
blueoval56 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:36 pm Hello sir,

Thanks
Hi blueoval56,

Our application window is still open for both Captains and First Officers so I encourage you to apply!

Matt
Good to know, thanks for the reply!

Return to “Corporate”