Corporate Schedule

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Corporate Schedule

Post by Torresdenochea »

Are there any Corporate gigs with schedules or rotations in Southern Ontario? I know AirSprint has a schedule system, any other ones? (Note: When I say "Corporate" I mean Fractional Ownership/Aircraft Management as well as "true" Corporate Flight Departments)
---------- ADS -----------

Nightryder88
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Corporate Schedule

Post by Nightryder88 »

Few and far between I’ve worked corporate before where we were told if we didn’t hear anything by Friday at 6pm the weekend was off. But when called on a Saturday you better not have had a beer because your were expected to go. Great airplanes, descent pay. Not worth the lifestyle

SeñorPiloto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SeñorPiloto »

Nightryder88 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:51 pm Few and far between I’ve worked corporate before where we were told if we didn’t hear anything by Friday at 6pm the weekend was off. But when called on a Saturday you better not have had a beer because your were expected to go. Great airplanes, descent pay. Not worth the lifestyle
Im interested in corporate flying myself, could you please expand on the “not worth the lifestyle “ comment?

tenaciousleigh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tenaciousleigh »

Lifestyle depends on the operator. I currently run a corporate flight department, and most of our flights are planned weeks in advance. Shortest notice we get to fly is 24 hrs.
Do your research and talk to crews. Not every corporate operator expects you to go at a moments notice

TraderPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TraderPilot »

There is no cookie cutter "corporate" job schedule they are all different.
You need to divide up all the types into the following categories to understand your schedule and lifestyle

Managed/charter
Fractional
Independent
Corporate

Managed/charter; is a mixed bag, Typically a Charter Jet operator will also manage Jets. I've worked for a managed operation on several types they had. One jet schedule was 7 on call 3 off, however they where dicks and suddenly want to move your days off to accommodate a charter on the machine. And when you said no you would expect a call from the CP. Also they would put your plane on night call and day call depending on their coverage for a medivac contract they had. Smaller the plane the more call outs and substitutions. The rest of my time there was 24 hour notice to be called out; if they wanted you to fly at 8am tomorrow they had to call you by 8am the previous day. Was pretty good life style, I didn't mind it, some did I would wake up hung over look at my phone and go snowboarding. get an email at 12 saying your flying the next day at 12 , finish the day with time left for beer. AVOID planes that are owned by the management company, they are the first to be scheduled. Big Jets I found where rarely charted out last minute, especially if managed, the management company doesn't make as much using others metal.

Fractional, I have avoided this type of operation because having known several who worked for this type of operation. They would be on the schedule for 10-4 or 7-3 and they where gone all those days. Think your spending a day in KLAS, you land and find out your heading to YWG via YVR. But at least you know when to expect to be working. I would rather fly airline if I wanted to work that much.

Independent, gig dependent, Typically 2 maybe 3 pilots depending on the owners needs. I know a few who had it made who flew maybe twice a month and always scheduled well in advance. Others your phones always on and your days off are when the planes in for Maintenance or you didnt get called. Beware there are good and bad and ask around you will figure it out, also if you see them advertising every year for a pilot run don't walk away.

Corporate, big business who needs a jet. Again schedule is operation specific, some are like winning the lotto, fly few times a month typically to the same destinations and all for business and are scheduled in advance. Im in this type of gig we have a need for call out coverage so we are 10 on call and 5 off rotation with 3 pilots on my bird.

Your lifestyle will depend on many factors and its tough to get info as the first rule of corporate is you don't talk about corporate.

Kisame
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kisame »

Is good information

Return to “Corporate”