FlightPath Challenger Post

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

FlightPath Challenger Post

Post by Torresdenochea »

Just noticed it in the Jobs section. Looking for the usual info (pay, hours, morale, schedule if any, benefits)

Thanks a bunch
---------- ADS -----------

170 to xray
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: FlightPath Challenger Post

Post by 170 to xray »

I would ask the experience level of the previously employeed pilots, how long they were on the aircraft, why they left and where they went?

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

Okay... well that’s hard to do
Unless someone comes forward with the info. Don’t know anyone who worked there.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I think that plane is essentially based in Barbados and owned by Eugene Melnik (sp?)

I have no other details except he owns a bar there that makes great pizza

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

No, it is different one than the Barbados airplane.

Flightpath is a growing company with some great people at the helm. If you want to know more, apply! hope to get called and ask about the rest in the interview.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Wow, two challengers with Barbados roots?
Looks like corporate aviation might actually be growing in the right direction in Canada. Hopefully the salaries are also on the right track.
Thanks for correcting my misinformation

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

I guess neither of us were wrong....looks to me like they’re actually hiring 2 f/o’s. one for the ykf/yyz bird and one for the Barbados bird.

As I said, It’s a great growing company, good luck to the successful candidates!

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:20 pm I think that plane is essentially based in Barbados and owned by Eugene Melnik (sp?)

I have no other details except he owns a bar there that makes great pizza
+1

Fun owner. Nice guy.

S.

170 to xray
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 170 to xray »

If I am hired, am I an employee of FlightPath or the owner? Who pays me, the company or the owner? If the owner is slow to pay me, will FlighPath ensure that I am paid or am I on my own because I am an employee of the owner?

If I am not mistaken, and I could be, this will be the second or third time attempting to fill a pilot position on this airplane over a short period of time. Why did the previous employees leave?

Don't be blinded by a shiny jet. Go in with eyes wide open.

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

170 to xray wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:06 am If I am hired, am I an employee of FlightPath or the owner? Who pays me, the company or the owner? If the owner is slow to pay me, will FlighPath ensure that I am paid or am I on my own because I am an employee of the owner?

If I am not mistaken, and I could be, this will be the second or third time attempting to fill a pilot position on this airplane over a short period of time. Why did the previous employees leave?

Yep, but how is someone who knows nothing about this operation supposed to find out? Hoping AvCanada is a place where we can all help each other. Imagine you sign a big bond for this gig only to find out it’s terrible once you are in it (not saying this place is bad at all,
Just an example, this could apply to any position)

170 to xray
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 170 to xray »

I agree. Corporate aviation, management companies and charter flying are a very small world. Few people will publicly say much about owners or operations. It's in your best interest to find out as much as you can, but you won't find much on a public forum.

There are pilots that finish their career with one owner or operator. It would appear that this may not be one of those jobs.

Is there a big bond?

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

170 to xray wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:27 pm It would appear that this may not be one of those jobs.

It could be.....it’s not always the owners or companies fault that people leave. Sometimes the people just aren’t well suited for the job and didn’t do their homework, sometimes you miss the mark a couple times in a row with new hires and sometimes people just look for something new. For whatever reason, it’s all a matter of mutual suitability. I’m not speaking in direct relation to this ad, but from experience in general. When you’ve been around long enough you will see trends.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

170 to xray wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:06 am If I am hired, am I an employee of FlightPath or the owner? Who pays me, the company or the owner? If the owner is slow to pay me, will FlighPath ensure that I am paid or am I on my own because I am an employee of the owner?

You are an employee of FP. FP is responsible for pay.

Guys move - that's the nature of corporate management.

S.

170 to xray
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 170 to xray »

As a general rule corporate guys don't move much, charter companies is another story. Most pilots use charter companies as time builder/stepping stone. Corporate jobs usually become available from a retirement.

If you are an employee of FP and paid by FP then I have bad information.

To the original poster, this may be the job you want. Don't let the, apparently false, information that I have heard dissuade you. Apply, interview and make your own decision. As was stated by others these jobs are as diverse, interesting and different as the people who apply. There is a possibility that they just havem't found the right fit yet.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

170 to xray wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:41 am As a general rule corporate guys don't move much, charter companies is another story. Most pilots use charter companies as time builder/stepping stone. Corporate jobs usually become available from a retirement.

If you are an employee of FP and paid by FP then I have bad information.

To the original poster, this may be the job you want. Don't let the, apparently false, information that I have heard dissuade you. Apply, interview and make your own decision. As was stated by others these jobs are as diverse, interesting and different as the people who apply. There is a possibility that they just havem't found the right fit yet.
I should have specified charter management but used the term corporate management. Some private birds don't charter under these companies. It's rare but true.

Flightpath is clearly doing a good job - they've grown quickly.

I run into the Phenom guys out of Pearson from time to time - they seem content.

I'd take the Barbados gig for Melnik if it opened up again as long as pay matched position.

S.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

I've heard guys with as little as 400 total time got the right seat on the king air. I wonder where you find their asking qualifications and their schedule looks like?

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

7507 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:53 am I've heard guys with as little as 500 total time got the right seat on the king air. I wonder where you find their asking qualifications and their schedule looks like?

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

7507 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:53 am I've heard guys with as little as 500 total time got the right seat on the king air. I wonder where you find their asking qualifications and their schedule looks like?

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

Apologies for the triple post!!

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

7507 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:55 am Apologies for the triple post!!
Unacceptable.

King Airs are now Navajos wrt experience requirements 5 years ago. Crazy.

S.

Return to “Corporate”