Chartright MD87 FO job

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Chartright MD87 FO job

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

Does anyone know anything about this job? It’s YVR based-never even knew they had such a big aircraft. How often does it fly and where to? What’s the schedule and pay. Cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Chartright MD87 FO job

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Sent you a pm

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Well it’s Chartright so just assume the schedule is bad and whatever you think you should be paid take that number and substract approx. 30-40%.

Taxivasion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Taxivasion »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:46 am Well it’s Chartright so just assume the schedule is bad and whatever you think you should be paid take that number and substract approx. 30-40%.
Bingo.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

Sadly, they'll find someone. It's the Canadian way.

You want to fly an MD87/B717? Immigrate to Australia and work for Quantas Link. I seem to remember hearing that carriers down here were forecast to cancel up to 11,000 flights this year due to a lack of crew.

It's airline work but at least the pay would be good. Also, no de-icing ever.

target
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by target »

Chartright is just fine thank you!
Please name the perfect place you work?
Pay is fair and most airplanes have or are attempting to be 3 pilot crews.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

target wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:28 pm Chartright is just fine thank you!
I worked for Chartright, feed your lies to someone else. Don’t say it’s changed, I know many people who have recently left/are actively trying to get out.

EMW6
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by EMW6 »

FOD_Vacuum wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:46 pm Does anyone know anything about this job? It’s YVR based-never even knew they had such a big aircraft. How often does it fly and where to? What’s the schedule and pay. Cheers!
Also would like to know more about this

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

As with all the management companies, it all depends on which plane you are on. Pilots at the same company can have very different pay and lifestyle.

Taxivasion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Taxivasion »

Bob? Is that you?

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Taxivasion wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:28 am
Bob? Is that you?
+1 , hahaha

SteveWhite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SteveWhite »

Is it true most pilots at Chartright are on a 3/17? I heard it’s hard to get time off or vacation other than the forced vacation during MX periods....any truth to this?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:28 pm As with all the management companies, it all depends on which plane you are on. Pilots at the same company can have very different pay and lifestyle.
Sad but true. I'll go one step further and say, even within the same company, on the same type, the flying and salaries can be as diverse as the personalities in the back.

:smt105

S.

Roar
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roar »

I’m curious as to why this is “sad but true”?
When one is interviewing for a position flying a managed aircraft you are completely free to negotiate salary, vacation and other conditions and terms. If what you want can’t be met you’re free not to accept the position. That’s the beauty of it. It’s completely between you and the aircraft owner. Quite frankly what others make on other aircraft is none of my business. If they make more, good for them on being a better negotiator then me, if they make less, well they accepted it so it must have seemed appropriate at the time so good for them also.

Sad but true. I'll go one step further and say, even within the same company, on the same type, the flying and salaries can be as diverse as the personalities in the back.

S.
[/quote]

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Roar wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:56 pm I’m curious as to why this is “sad but true”?
When one is interviewing for a position flying a managed aircraft you are completely free to negotiate salary, vacation and other conditions and terms. If what you want can’t be met you’re free not to accept the position. That’s the beauty of it. It’s completely between you and the aircraft owner. Quite frankly what others make on other aircraft is none of my business. If they make more, good for them on being a better negotiator then me, if they make less, well they accepted it so it must have seemed appropriate at the time so good for them also.

S.
[/quote]

It's sad that you don't know until after you've likely committed to a 2 year work term, what it will be like, or how an ownership group utilizes their aircraft.

I could tell you how great the managers are at company XYZ, but you are on your own when it comes to a specific ownership group. They can make or break your time at said company.

That is what's sad.

PA28151
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PA28151 »

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FishermanIvan »

Arnie Pye wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:53 am Sadly, they'll find someone. It's the Canadian way.

You want to fly an MD87/B717? Immigrate to Australia and work for Quantas Link. I seem to remember hearing that carriers down here were forecast to cancel up to 11,000 flights this year due to a lack of crew.

I've looked into working down there, and it doesn't seem that easy as a pilot? Or am I missing something?

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

FishermanIvan wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:56 pm
Arnie Pye wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:53 am Sadly, they'll find someone. It's the Canadian way.

I've looked into working down there, and it doesn't seem that easy as a pilot? Or am I missing something?
Probably depends on what type you fly and your experience. My wife is a Q400 captain with training experience and was head hunted by one of the regionals. Don’t remember which one but the pay was pretty darn good for a dash 8 driver. Im not sure how the immigration side of things would go though.

Highway 401
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Highway 401 »

Not sure if this helps but I used to work at Chartright, here's some details of job I had:

- CL30 Capt.
- salary $125,000
- per diems $80/day for North America (currency based on location you worked)
- 3 pilots

I also heard that the MD87 Fo job pays about 100 grand.

Anyway, hope that helps..

Return to “Corporate”