Gralta Services

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Gralta Services

Post by RockSalty »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by RockSalty on Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WCJetPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Gralta Services

Post by WCJetPilot »

Local Calgary POC operations, upgrading from a Piaggio into a jet (probably something along the lines of a mid or super mid).

Being a fellow pilot, I’m not one to argue or complain that there’s a high demand out there, but qualifications requirements of just 500 hours seems low for a jet which is probably owned by a wealthy individual or company.
I expect other large reputable operators out there (Sunwest, AirSprint, Skyservice, Chartright, ect), would have much higher qualification requirements for a First Officer on a jet. Example: AirSprint post their requirements on their Pilot Career Guide for a First Officer at 2,000TT and 500PIC.
Sounds like Gralta is looking to fill more of a “warm-body” requirement for this aircraft, thus probably a low salary, but that’s just an assumption and I cannot confirm. Best to direct apply to learn more about this opportunity.

Last edited by WCJetPilot on Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

RockSalty wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:05 pm Hi folks

A quick google search turned up nothing so just wanting to know if anyone here has heard of Gralta Services - they have an ad up on pcc and I was hoping to get a bit more info about the company. Working conditions, pay, etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
I can't find anything about the company other than some registration info.

With 500 hr mins for a first officer, I would be surprised if it was anything larger than a light jet (Phenom, Citation CJ, etc).

Looks like they are still working on the jet as the ad has 'TBA' - to be announced?

Very cryptic.

S.

Adjfrancis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Adjfrancis »

WCJetPilot wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:04 pm Local Calgary POC operations, upgrading from a Piaggio into a jet (probably something along the lines of a mid or super mid).

Being a fellow pilot, I’m not one to argue or complain that there’s a high demand out there, but qualifications requirements of just 500 hours seems low for a jet which is probably owned by a wealthy individual or company.
I expect other large reputable operators out there (Sunwest, AirSprint, Skyservice, Chartright, ect), would have much higher qualification requirements for a First Officer on a jet. Example: AirSprint post their requirements on their Pilot Career Guide for a First Officer at 2,000TT and 500PIC.
Sounds like Gralta is looking to fill more of a “warm-body” requirement for this aircraft, thus probably a low salary, but that’s just an assumption and I cannot confirm. Best to direct apply to learn more about this opportunity.
Total time is not a guarantee of experience or more importantly competency.

Kudos to Gralta for being willing to hire to an individual with low time.

Yes, better to apply directly rather than speculate.

Return to “Corporate”