Chartright Promoting From Within

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

doplemosh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chartright Promoting From Within

Post by doplemosh »

Hey, does anyone know if it is normal for charter companies like Chartright to hire FOs from office staff within the company, provided that they have a CPL and group 1 IFR?

If so, do they normally require the same number of hours as an off-the-street candidate, or would the company be willing to lower the numbers?
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Chartright Promoting From Within

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Try applying directly to Mr. Armstrong in HR, skip the office and try and go straight to the right seat of the Citation Ultra.

I don't know if they are quite hiring yet at 250 hours, but if you show interest and maturity, I am sure you and management at Chartright can have a serious talk about filling a seat.

Not only that, but those Ultras are nice and busy.

Cheers,

S.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

When I did that exact interview for flight follower with Mr. Armstrong in around 2009, the direct answer from his mouth was no we don’t. Go and get some operational experience first and we’ll meet with you again for a pilot position. Maybe things have changed quite a bit in 10 years... :shock:

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Blueontop wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:29 am When I did that exact interview for flight follower with Mr. Armstrong in around 2009, the direct answer from his mouth was no we don’t. Go and get some operational experience first and we’ll meet with you again for a pilot position. Maybe things have changed quite a bit in 10 years... :shock:
I always figured, if your intention is to fly, why waste 2-3 years grinding it in ops? It does very little for you except rot your hands and feet, which aren't terribly developed at 250 hours to begin with. Sure, you may gain some operational understanding, but it doesn't take much to figure that out online.

I just looked up the posting, they're looking for 1000 hrs, but its always worth sitting down, or opening a line of communication with your company of choice to say 'I'm here, this is what I would like to do, I have X experience, what do I need to do to interview and fly with you?' Keep it to the point.

S.

hadiiz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hadiiz »

I haven't heard of anyone getting onto the flight line from Ops. From my current understanding, Chartright is looking for pilots that already have operational experience and jet time.

Return to “Corporate”