Any YLW corporate spots?

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

1up
Rank 0
Rank 0

Any YLW corporate spots?

Post by 1up »

Anyone know of any operators in the Kelowna area hiring higher time people?
---------- ADS -----------

1up
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Any YLW corporate spots?

Post by 1up »

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

There's a few decent operators but good luck getting in without an internal reference. It's also a super senior spot to a lot of 705 airline jet capts (AC, WJ, SWG, Flair, etc) so usually when someone leaves a corporate spot due to retirement, his spot is already filled.

That being said:
AirSprint said they were considering a YLW port for the Embraer but it's a super senior and I'm not sure they're still planning to do it, and if they do, you never know if they'll change their minds a few years down the road.

Kaltire in Vernon - Amazing place to work for but everyone there is a lifer.

Carson - B350 medevac. Great spot but same problem, no movements on the capt side.

Mission Hill have a PC12 and Challenger 300/350?. Don't know anything about those guys.

There was another company that were looking for a Challenger 601/Twin Otter pilot with lots of float/amphib experience couple of years ago, I'm sure it's been filled by a very experienced pilot too. 4500 hours isn't a whole lot of time in Kelowna ... You might want to try one of the many airline jobs and just commute ... or one of the many medevac 2 on/2off jobs.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

daedalusx wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:46 pm There's a few decent operators but good luck getting in without an internal reference. It's also a super senior spot to a lot of 705 airline jet capts (AC, WJ, SWG, Flair, etc) so usually when someone leaves a corporate spot due to retirement, his spot is already filled.

That being said:
AirSprint said they were considering a YLW port for the Embraer but it's a super senior and I'm not sure they're still planning to do it, and if they do, you never know if they'll change their minds a few years down the road.
Good Morning daedalusx,

We do indeed have a YLW pilot base, and have had it for several years now, and currently have 4 pilots based there, 3 (about to be 4) on the CJ fleet and 1 on the Legacy. While we have reached our maximum amount of CJ pilots at this base, there would still be availability for additional Legacy pilots to be based here should they so choose. With regards to the original posters question, unfortunately we are not looking for west based Legacy pilots at this time, however, I always encourage everyone to submit a resume should they have an interest in working at AirSprint!

Kind Regards,

Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot C25A/B
AirSprint Inc.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

AirSprintInc wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:17 am
daedalusx wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:46 pm There's a few decent operators but good luck getting in without an internal reference. It's also a super senior spot to a lot of 705 airline jet capts (AC, WJ, SWG, Flair, etc) so usually when someone leaves a corporate spot due to retirement, his spot is already filled.

That being said:
Good Morning daedalusx,

We do indeed have a YLW pilot base, and have had it for several years now, and currently have 4 pilots based there, 3 (about to be 4) on the CJ fleet and 1 on the Legacy. While we have reached our maximum amount of CJ pilots at this base, there would still be availability for additional Legacy pilots to be based here should they so choose. With regards to the original posters question, unfortunately we are not looking for west based Legacy pilots at this time, however, I always encourage everyone to submit a resume should they have an interest in working at AirSprint!

Kind Regards,

Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot C25A/B
AirSprint Inc.
Good to know! Wish you guys all the best!

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"

Return to “Corporate”