Returning From the US

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Returning From the US

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

wallypilot wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:43 am For the record everyone, one of our guys recently commuted back to Canada on the airlines and because he couldn’t initially prove to them that he had a flight scheduled in the next 72hrs, the CBSA agent initially was going to force him into a quarantine hotel like a non exempt traveler. The Issue was worked out, but not without a scramble. This is a change to our previous experiences that reflected the previous posts. Before this, we had no major issues. My advice is that if you can’t prove you have scheduled work in the 72hrs following your arrival by airline, you may encounter some serious friction.

If you arrive operating your own aircraft, you won’t have a problem. It seems commuting crew on airlines have to be a bit more careful of late. Have a company letter, and have a copy of the schedule showing you have flight duty within 72hrs. Right or wrong, the front line officer has the discretion.
Is he driving a corporate machine or? Where he coming back from, I’m headed to Texas for a month and dreading the return
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

wallypilot wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:43 am For the record everyone, one of our guys recently commuted back to Canada on the airlines and because he couldn’t initially prove to them that he had a flight scheduled in the next 72hrs, the CBSA agent initially was going to force him into a quarantine hotel like a non exempt traveler. The Issue was worked out, but not without a scramble. This is a change to our previous experiences that reflected the previous posts. Before this, we had no major issues. My advice is that if you can’t prove you have scheduled work in the 72hrs following your arrival by airline, you may encounter some serious friction.

If you arrive operating your own aircraft, you won’t have a problem. It seems commuting crew on airlines have to be a bit more careful of late. Have a company letter, and have a copy of the schedule showing you have flight duty within 72hrs. Right or wrong, the front line officer has the discretion.
Is he driving a corporate machine or? Where he coming back from, I’m headed to Texas for a month and dreading the return

bezerker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bezerker »

I had the exact same story coming back on an airline as a pax to YVR last week. I had CBAA personalized company letter, Covid test, License, company ID, RAIC, new haircut, etc.

I've done this 10 times in as many months.

Cool as a cucumber.

CBA muscle guy says no. I say pardon? He says no. I ask him to show me where in the order I can't come back as essential employee and exempt from the hotel/quarantine/PCR exemptions.

He interprets it badly. I argue and throw hissy fit to no avail.

He wants schedule to show I work within 72 hours.

I ask if i work in 70 hours I can kind of wander around but if I work in 80 hours I have to stay in Quarantine hotel?

He gives me pained look and says he is just doing his job.

Sent to CBSA back office for special people like in the TV show.

She asks when I next go to work?

I meekly say within 72 hours.

Free to go...

https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/att ... 4&lang=en

Have your schedule ready.

Good luck.

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Is there a new one yet? Or is everything cancelled?

April 21, 2021

7.1 This Order ceases to have effect at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on April 21, 2021.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:02 pm

Canadian corporate aircraft, crew swap out.

geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by geneticistx »

Anyone here return to canada in their GA (non-commercial) aircraft and land at an AOE, not one of the major airports?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

wallypilot wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:20 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:02 pm

Canadian corporate aircraft, crew swap out.
My next trip in I’m supposed to relieve another AME, says to be very careful about ensuring both ways across the border are for work. Have your visa company info etc ready to go, he says he’s expecting no quarantine hotel but the mandatory quarantine regardless, he’s been vaccinated round 1 as well.

Return to “Corporate”