Flight planning...

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

kilocharliemike
Rank 3
Rank 3

Flight planning...

Post by kilocharliemike »

What flight planner are you guys using? My World/Colt? Satcom direct? Fltplan go? Airinc? what else is there?

KCM :smt040
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Flight planning...

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

kilocharliemike wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:21 pm What flight planner are you guys using? My World/Colt? Satcom direct? Fltplan go? Airinc? what else is there?

KCM :smt040
Arinc.

Use FltPln when flying pistons and used to use JetPlan I think it was called a few years back with RD Client for W&B+Perf.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

The cheapest one? :lol:

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Taco Joe
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Taco Joe »

My company uses Colt but I use fltplan.com with my own profiles that I created from the AFM.

whistlerboy02
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by whistlerboy02 »

ARINC for the win!
However you didn't say what and where your flying so any advice your getting might not be relevant.
A heavy international jet has different needs than a King Air

kilocharliemike
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kilocharliemike »

So we use Colt old school OFP's currently, and have been checking out the other players. US, Caribbean and soon Europe, Fancy Large Jet. We use different apps for everything, performance, w and b, route. Honestly I am a bit lazy and want one to do it all. I like the Colt My World app, so far.

K

Mach .28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mach .28 »

My last flight department used Jetplan, but had a dedicated dispatchers doing international flight planning for large aircraft. Had separate app for the W&B and they printed the performance data from APG. It worked and got the job done, nothing fancy.

I would definitely say ARINC is the goto. Last used for a domestic operation only. Has a built in W&B section. I missed the performance section from the app the most. Could plan an intersection takeoff in 10 seconds. Can leave engine out departure procedures up on the IPAD if required. Combines everything you need into one nice package.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

ARINC is powerful, but boy, it always amazes me how old, dated and buggy the user interface is :shock:

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Fltplan.com meets my needs nicely. It’s cost effective and the owner certainly likes that! (Canada/U.S, the Bahamas and the odd South American trip)

Can anyone comment as to the advantages of using Colt or others and their respective pricing points?

Fly safe,

TPC

Adjfrancis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Adjfrancis »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:12 am Fltplan.com meets my needs nicely. It’s cost effective and the owner certainly likes that! (Canada/U.S, the Bahamas and the odd South American trip)

Can anyone comment as to the advantages of using Colt or others and their respective pricing points?

Fly safe,

TPC
We use Colt for all our international trips (South America, Asia, etc). Their ability to secure appropriate permits, even on short notice and with several itinerary changes has been the main reason we have selected Colt over other providers

Return to “Corporate”