Jetport

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

cxchd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Jetport

Post by cxchd »

Any comments or advice on Jetport in CYHM.
---------- ADS -----------

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Re: Jetport

Post by Old fella »

cxchd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cxchd »

Thanks. I am aware of their past policy being pretty bad. Read the whole report. I sure wouldn't have worked there 7 years ago. You did give me the idea of looking up their CADORS record. Not too much to report after that accident. Although there were 2 altitude deviations at cruise. Doesn't explain why.
By the looks of things they may have got their ass kicked over that accident. Lucky there were no fatalities. It does say a lot for the toughness of the plane though.

Patels77
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Patels77 »

No Please.

The Cheesy Animation - 3D Commercial Interior Rendering

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-sco ... -1.5001820

Was he still involved with this company.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Pretty sure the Global that crashed was his, he was aboard it when it crashed in Fox Harbour.

Wonder what will happen to Jetport without him overseeing the ops

S.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:25 pm Wonder what will happen to Jetport without him overseeing the ops
"C-GHBS, a Bombardier CL-600-2B16 Challenger 604 aircraft operated by Jetport, was conducting a flight from Houston/Sugar Land Regional (KSGR), TX to Naples Municipal (KAPF), FL with only the 2 pilots on board. As the aircraft was taxiing out from the ramp for the departure, the flight crew inadvertently left the paved surface of the ramp and ended up with all landing gears onto the grass. The flight crew reported that lighting on the ramp was very low. The following day, the aircraft was towed back onto the ramp and, after an inspection, resumed its operation. There were no damage, and no injuries."

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

pelmet wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:15 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:25 pm Wonder what will happen to Jetport without him overseeing the ops
"C-GHBS, a Bombardier CL-600-2B16 Challenger 604 aircraft operated by Jetport, was conducting a flight from Houston/Sugar Land Regional (KSGR), TX to Naples Municipal (KAPF), FL with only the 2 pilots on board. As the aircraft was taxiing out from the ramp for the departure, the flight crew inadvertently left the paved surface of the ramp and ended up with all landing gears onto the grass. The flight crew reported that lighting on the ramp was very low. The following day, the aircraft was towed back onto the ramp and, after an inspection, resumed its operation. There were no damage, and no injuries."
Was that recent?

(Couldn't find it through the chaos that are the Jetport CADORS) - There are some interesting ones though, like the Global Express dragging a wingtip practicing circuits at YHM in 40G55 winds.

S.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

Just.......wow............. :shock:

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Didn’t they(Jetport) flip over a C208 amphibious Ottawa River late ‘90s with a bunch of kids on board Tim Hortons Children’s Camp, no fatalities thankfully. Landing gear was left out or one of the wheels didn’t fully retract into floats I thought was the reason.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/float-pl ... g-1.162407

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Old fella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:01 am Remember this one well......

http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-repor ... 0a0051.asp
Rumour was that crew got shit canned by Ron Joyce, truth?

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Donald wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:19 am
Old fella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:01 am Remember this one well......

http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-repor ... 0a0051.asp
Rumour was that crew got shit canned by Ron Joyce, truth?
Yes, I believe that to be true. I saw pictures of the wing and wasn’t pretty and it was said by someone very close to the TSB investigation had the wing gone in about another foot into the trees the aircraft more than likely would have cartwheeled in. . On that Global jet incident some years later at same spot Fox Harbour, I believe that crew was dismissed as well even though one of them sustained a serious injury. All kinds of stories floating around about that Fox Hr place, Joyce and his lot.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

I was told by some he was more concerned with getting there than trifling legalities"approach ban what is that, im paying you to get me there".

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

rigpiggy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:34 am I was told by some he was more concerned with getting there than trifling legalities"approach ban what is that, im paying you to get me there".
Section I worked in years back had run ins with Mgr at that Fox Hr resort on their issues with the airstrip. The Manager there was a golf pro I do believe and we got nasty calls from him, place was a shit show then, may still be for all I know and care as it was many moons ago. I do know that I never stepped into a Tim Hortons franchise close to 2-3 yrs from that time. I do so reluctantly now , their coffee was swill then and still is now in my view.

Return to “Corporate”