Medical Processing

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

TumbledGyros
Rank 0
Rank 0

Medical Processing

Post by TumbledGyros »

Hey everyone,

It has now been almost two years since I have flown. That is when I was put on a medication that, apparently, requires my medical to have restrictions. This is my career, I have a CPL and have been flight instructing for multiple years.

My CAME did an assessment and sent it in, after 6 months TC requested additional information. Finally, I have all they require, and my CAME will be sending it in for approval...again. In the meantime, a company I really want to work for has asked me to interview.

I am afraid that the delay in my medical will prevent me from getting my dream job. It is at the point where I am thinking about quitting flying.
Is there anything I can do to get TC to process my medical faster?
---------- ADS -----------

pild04
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Medical Processing

Post by pild04 »

TumbledGyros wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:08 pm Hey everyone,

It has now been almost two years since I have flown. That is when I was put on a medication that, apparently, requires my medical to have restrictions. This is my career, I have a CPL and have been flight instructing for multiple years.

My CAME did an assessment and sent it in, after 6 months TC requested additional information. Finally, I have all they require, and my CAME will be sending it in for approval...again. In the meantime, a company I really want to work for has asked me to interview.

I am afraid that the delay in my medical will prevent me from getting my dream job. It is at the point where I am thinking about quitting flying.
Is there anything I can do to get TC to process my medical faster?

I have no experience in this matter, but I would call/email the medical department at TC and explain the situation highlighting the fact that I have an interview.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Health & Fitness”