Class 1 Medical & Mental Health

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Piper52
Rank 0
Rank 0

Class 1 Medical & Mental Health

Post by Piper52 »

Hello

Wondering if I can get some insight as to how TC looks upon any serious mental health disclosures from a past life. My issue is that I have a medical lined up in a few weeks and I'm a bit nervous on how this is going to go. I've worked with a CAME to have a very favourable psych assessment, and have plenty of supporting documentation. Is TC quite fair with previous resolved mental health issues?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Class 1 Medical & Mental Health

Post by photofly »

At the rate at which TC is processing Category 1 medical applications at present, you will be close to retirement age before anyone views your file.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

Piper52 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:36 pm Hello

Wondering if I can get some insight as to how TC looks upon any serious mental health disclosures from a past life. My issue is that I have a medical lined up in a few weeks and I'm a bit nervous on how this is going to go. I've worked with a CAME to have a very favourable psych assessment, and have plenty of supporting documentation. Is TC quite fair with previous resolved mental health issues?

Thanks
They will ask for medical reports, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Piper52
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Piper52 »

Appreciate the replies; did the medical and looks as though it will be quite a wait before it's processed. All seems pretty good so far...

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

The older I get, the more I think that I had to be crazy to get into this flying gig, so you'll fit right in! :wink:

More seriously, as long as the issues are resolved, and you have a good prognosis and assessments, you'll be good

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!

Return to “Health & Fitness”