Air Canada abort, then later on an emergency landing

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Air Canada abort, then later on an emergency landing

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

---------- ADS -----------

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Air Canada abort, then later on an emergency landing

Post by PositiveRate27 »

What a terribly sensationalized article. It sounds like the crew were completely transparent with their passengers and had a properly functioning airplane at the time of departure yet pax were of the opinion "this wouldn't have happened if we just stayed in Antigua."

What would their reaction have been had they canceled the flight?

Damned if we do. Damned if we don't... :roll:

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Drama queen #1:
“It was the absolute worst and most terrifying flight experience I’ve ever had,” said Dan Fuller, 33, a Toronto-based Internet entrepreneur.
Oh, those terrifying 80-knot aborts. Easy there, snowflake. Hope you Instagrammed your selfie, Mr. Internet Entrepreneur.

Drama queen #2:
Citing his 30 years of cockpit experience, the pilot said things could have ended much differently, the passenger recalled.

“He said ‘If you were on an aircraft with another carrier or you had a less experienced flight crew, you might not be alive today.’ ”
Let us all weep tears of joy and gratitude for the Air Canada captain's life-saving experience. Praise Jebus you didn't take another carrier or you would be...dead.

Just a weird, non-story from start to finish.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

It's worth noting both quotes are from "drama queen " #1. We don't actually know what the captain said, only what this guy says he said.

FYI, the Airbus auto brake system applies full brake pressure on any aborted takeoff above 72 knots no matter what. It's not the pilot doing it although of course they are trained and prepared to if the system fails.

Laser Tilt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Laser Tilt »

I highly doubt that the Captain "forgot to turn on a computer" and the article seems to indicate that it was an error programming the CDU.....although it is odd to me that you figure that out after starting the takeoff roll.

parallel60
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by parallel60 »

Rule number one when it comes to Print or TV....never ever let facts get in the way of a good story. And remember, they aren't in the business of facts, they are in the business of selling newspapers and you watching their channel, that's it.
BUT, god forbid they were on any other carrier... :roll:

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Bunch of special snowflakes.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

complexintentions wrote:
Citing his 30 years of cockpit experience, the pilot said things could have ended much differently, the passenger recalled.

“He said ‘If you were on an aircraft with another carrier or you had a less experienced flight crew, you might not be alive today.’ ”
Let us all weep tears of joy and gratitude for the Air Canada captain's life-saving experience. Praise Jebus you didn't take another carrier or you would be...dead.

Probably a misquote by a passenger or incorrect statement by the media. I certainly hope he didn't say that and doubt he would have. Otherwise I might ask him what the Halifax crew said.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

"Good thing you weren't on another carrier"

I would hope no one from AC would say that.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

pelmet wrote:
complexintentions wrote:

Probably a misquote by a passenger or incorrect statement by the media. I certainly hope he didn't say that and doubt he would have. Otherwise I might ask him what the Halifax crew said to their pax.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”