RCMP PC 12 CYQX

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

ehbuddy
Rank 6
Rank 6

RCMP PC 12 CYQX

Post by ehbuddy »

---------- ADS -----------

Gannet167
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: RCMP PC 12 CYQX

Post by Gannet167 »

"The way he feathered the aircraft back..."

I'll have to try feathering the aircraft. Sounds good.

CFR
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CFR »

Isn’t feathering an aircraft another name for a bird strike?

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Sounds like cultural appropriation to me

Napoleon So Low
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Napoleon So Low »

Someone will be along soon to tell us how the wind was responsible.

short bus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by short bus »

I'm truly surprised that hasn't happened already

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

This shows you how prepared we are in Canada. I love it, really. Emergency vehicles, Cormorant Helicopter on stand-by, etc.

We should be proud of our country. We may have some short comings here and there, but when it comes to certain things, we have your shit together. Good job!

Das ist mir wurst...
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Pretty good job as far as I can tell.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Gannet167 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 pm "The way he feathered the aircraft back..."

Oh, pull your literal head out of your literal bum. It's high time you got used to the idea that people use "words" to describe "things that happen". Strangely, I was able to understand what he meant, despite the fact that he ignored the many years of highly focussed aviation grammar training every citizen recieves at birth.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

Napoleon So Low wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:25 pm Someone will be along soon to tell us how the wind was responsible.

It can be surprisingly hard to get that nose gear to “respond” predictably in an unreported, subtly shifting component.

Napoleon So Low
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Napoleon So Low »

Especially in a variable tailwind.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Meatservo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:24 am
Gannet167 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 pm "The way he feathered the aircraft back..."

Oh, pull your literal head out of your literal bum. It's high time you got used to the idea that people use "words" to describe "things that happen". Strangely, I was able to understand what he meant, despite the fact that he ignored the many years of highly focussed aviation grammar training every citizen recieves at birth.
Canada has a good aviation community and runs quite well, I'd say probably overall number 2 or so world wide

Gannet167
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Gannet167 »

Meatservo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:24 am

Geez, :roll: I read an interesting article, share in some fun and lighthearted whimsy, since what he was quoted saying sounded funny, a few other people chime in and contribute, and then in classic AvCanada manner someone rejoices in the opportunity to castigate another's comments.

I wasn't being controversial with some hot topic (like say, taking off wing contaminated wings), not trolling to start a fight, not being critical of another pilot's emergency handling or DM. Rather, I was just making a silly joke exactly as I would standing by the water cooler at work or over a casual coffee with the boys at the local flying club. I was going to chime in again with "maybe we should try feathering the aircraft forward."

Wow, tough crowd. Can't we all just get along? Must every opportunity to rebuke everything everyone else says be maximized for personal superiority? Thanks though for the life lesson on it being high time I got used to "words." I wouldn't have otherwise known that I need get used to other people's words. Thank you for straightening me out.

Merry Christmas everyone - or, man, I hope that didn't offend - how about - just happy season. Hope everyone is ok with that statement. Anyway, cheers.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

What he said⬆️

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Sorry. Humour is so important to me, that when I see something that is meant to be funny I hold it to a certain standard. I can't give you a pass just because you thought a comment was funny when it was simply sort of obvious and boring. Of course "feathered" can mean other things besides what it means in the aeronautical sense, so I assumed the punter meant to say "landed very gently" or "like a feather". That's why I didn't immediately recognise it as funny. I must have been wrong.

OF COURSE it's funny that an idiot non-pilot used an aeronautical term incorrectly. Please, forgive me. I momentarily forgot that even if something is so banal that no-one laughs, it may still qualify as "funny".

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”