Interesting

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

patter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Interesting

Post by patter »

---------- ADS -----------

Back2Final
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Interesting

Post by Back2Final »

I had a interesting flight test for my PPL many years ago. The guy wanted me tp descend all the way down to the field for a forced landing but I refused. When we got back to the airport he wanted to see me make the field from the downwind. Instead of reducing the throttle to idle he pulls the mixture out. I restarted the engine but he tells me we are still under the test and pulls the mixture off again. I'm thinking this guy has gone nuts and start turning in. On final he takes control of the airplane and starts pulling the nose up trying to stop the prop. The tower asks if we were ok and he hands control back to me. I landed, restarted and taxied back in totally perplexed having my aviation safety mindset blown up during my test.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Interesting

Post by rookiepilot »

Back2Final wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:57 am I had a interesting flight test for my PPL many years ago. The guy wanted me tp descend all the way down to the field for a forced landing but I refused. When we got back to the airport he wanted to see me make the field from the downwind. Instead of reducing the throttle to idle he pulls the mixture out. I restarted the engine but he tells me we are still under the test and pulls the mixture off again. I'm thinking this guy has gone nuts and start turning in. On final he takes control of the airplane and starts pulling the nose up trying to stop the prop. The tower asks if we were ok and he hands control back to me. I landed, restarted and taxied back in totally perplexed having my aviation safety mindset blown up during my test.
Brilliant. :prayer:

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”