Uncontrollable farting leads to emergency landing

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Uncontrollable farting leads to emergency landing

Post by pelmet »

While this story may be more appropriate to the 'Hot Air' forum on that rival pilot website, I thought that I might post it here under Incidents....

Passenger drops farts so putrid pilot is forced to make emergency landing

A pilot was forced to make an emergency landing after a row caused by a passenger who refused to stop farting. The passenger apparently kept breaking wind on board a Transavia Airlines flight from Dubai to Amsterdam Schiphol last weekend. The two Dutchmen sitting next to him didn’t take very well to his flatulence, but the unashamed man was apparently not put off and refused to hold back. Members of the crew on the Dutch low-cost airline were apparently less than sympathetic and refused to do anything about it. Despite a warning from the pilot, a fight between the men then broke out, causing the flight to be diverted to Vienna Airport . Police boarded the plane with dogs and removed two sisters and the two men after the pilot made a report about ‘passengers on the rampage’.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/17/passenger ... to=cbshare

Punch-up breaks out at 38,000 feet and flight diverts after passenger 'refuses to stop BREAKING WIND'

A plane was forced to make an unscheduled stop en-route from Dubai to Amsterdam after a punch-up broke out when a passenger allegedly refused to stop breaking wind. The Transavia Airlines HV6902 service made the unplanned stop-off in Vienna after two men objected when a fellow traveller began breaking wind loudly.

And when he allegedly refused to stop a fight then broke out - forcing the crew to intervene.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... z57PQqe6Q6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by pelmet on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: uncontrollable farting leads to emergency landing

Post by pelmet »

I see that the pilot did try to make a PA to stop this whole incident but think about it....there are so many languages in the that part of the world. Which is why a pilot needs to be thoroughly fluent in many languages, at least for important statements. A few off the top of my head are...

STOP FARTING(english)

deja de tirarte pedos(Spanish)

smettila di scoreggiare(Italian)

прекратить пердеть(Russian)

kuacha kuacha(Swahili)
---------- ADS -----------

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Uncontrollable farting leads to emergency landingg

Post by av8ts »

Farts don’t lead to emergency landings. People do