Cherokee 6 Emergency Landing

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

FlyGy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Cherokee 6 Emergency Landing

Post by FlyGy »

---------- ADS -----------

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Cherokee 6 Emergency Landing

Post by MrWings »

Shellbrook RCMP received a complaint of an airplane that made an emergency landing
Someone made a complaint? Interesting choice of words. Was someone actually bitching about an emergency landing? Or did they just report an emergency landing?

HiFlyChick
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HiFlyChick »

MrWings wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:55 am
Shellbrook RCMP received a complaint of an airplane that made an emergency landing
Someone made a complaint? Interesting choice of words. Was someone actually bitching about an emergency landing? Or did they just report an emergency landing?
The following statement of no charges have been laid at this time seems somewhat ominous....
Hopefully they won't hassle the guy if he was just unlucky and managed a safe landing (too bad about the damage to the A/C though)

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

Probably just a standard boilerplate RCMP press release. I doubt they have anyone out there who's working on creatively writing up each incident. State the facts as they are known, and get on with the job.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

7ECA wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:42 pm Probably just a standard boilerplate RCMP press release. I doubt they have anyone out there who's working on creatively writing up each incident. State the facts as they are known, and get on with the job.
Yes, it is a standard thing. I've seen it on multiple rcmp press releases. They like to keep their options open, in case it would turn out the guy was drunk, stole the plane, didn't have a license, .... That kind of stuff.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. (I'll show myself out)

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”