Incident at Tobermory

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Rank 0
Rank 0

Incident at Tobermory

Post by 05480213 »

Warrior at Tobermory. Aborted takeoff and overrun. Aircraft flipped. 3 persons with minor injuries.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Incident at Tobermory

Post by photofly »

https://globalnews.ca/news/4311446/kitc ... y-airport/

Four-up in a warrior? Overweight much?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 am https://globalnews.ca/news/4311446/kitc ... y-airport/

How do you know they were overweight?

It's possible, granted.

Last edited by rookiepilot on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I don't know. I was asking a question. That's why I put a question mark.

You know, the chip on your shoulder is sooo big, I'm surprised there's still room for your head. How did I upset you this time?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Deleted

Last edited by rookiepilot on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I think you're venting your frustration with someone else on me. I don't know why.

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

me dad always said"university teaches one how o reason and think not how to be a decent human being "
seems we have a pissing match, which there are no winners. Urge you fine gentleman to adjust the discourse of this thread stick to known facts> 4 people small airplane, temps +45c with humidity . pilot aborts t/o run 4 people scared shitless n survive

fate is the hunter . fly safe :prayer:

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I can understand why the pilot might have aborted the takeoff run. I can't understand why he began the takeoff run.

Any thoughts?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:31 pm I think you're venting your frustration with someone else on me. I don't know why.
You know what. You're right, in a manner of speaking. I apologize to you and the board as well.
PM sent.

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

photofly wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 am https://globalnews.ca/news/4311446/kitc ... y-airport/

Just so you know, if you would have just stated "Overweight?" then yes,it would have been a question. But you said, "Overweight much?", which is interpreted as a sarcastic toned statement in the English language implying that in your opinion they were overloaded, and not an actual question. I can see how this might have ruffled a feather or two even if it's not how you intended it to read.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

The private PA28-161 C-GVDH was taking off from CNR4 Tobermory, destined for CYKF Kitchener/Waterloo, with the pilot and three passengers on board. The weather was reported as very hot with gusty winds. After initial lift off the pilot levelled the aircraft to gain sufficient speed to climb out, but in doing so contacted the runway. After the brief runway contact the pilot determined that the aircraft was unlikely to clear the trees at the end of the runway, and chose to abort the take-off. Once the aircraft was back on the ground the pilot commenced heavy braking but was unable to stop the aircraft on the runway. As the aircraft slid off the runway end, the left wing
contacted a tree and was separated. The aircraft then rolled upside down and came to a stop just short of the trees. The four occupants were able to egress the aircraft without difficulty and had received only minor injuries during the accident. The aircraft was significantly damaged.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”