Tokyo. Strike 3 you're out

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Re: Tokyo. Strike 3 you're out

Post by Old fella »

Narcity media is an online media source city based focused or caters to Millennials and into celebrities and sponsored content. It isn’t a media source noted for analysis on any subject let alone Aviation or Airline operations. The individual who did the initial post provided a link to Narcity as his/her reference material suffice it to say, it isn’t serious nor quality journalism best to be ignored in my view.
---------- ADS -----------

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Yep, an untrusted source. Dodgey as all get out. No one should beieve it.

So lets clear it up.
No Air Canada jet taxied onto a closed taxiway and got stuck in Japan.
It did not happen.
It is all fake news.

Duele is the anti christ .
I can not understand why he has not been tracked down, tarred and feathered , and forced to retract his OP.
We have only been saved by the big red gang who showed up to post en masse to correct this awful and totally fake news. I for one, salute your professionalism.

And toast your dedication with the French wine you serve on overseas flights. ( So much better than anything Canada produces)

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

So lets clear it up. No Air Canada jet taxied onto a closed taxiway and got stuck in Japan.
Exactly, it was a " Hard parking incident "

Kind of boring compared the their exciting approach to that taxi way episode with the line up of waiting airliners in SFO. :)

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

trey kule wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:10 pm And toast your dedication with the French wine you serve on overseas flights. ( So much better than anything Canada produces)
Are you a sommelier? If not, what qualifies you to talk about wine? :lol:

duele

Post by duele »

Thanks Trey Kule I was wondering if reinforcements would show up.

And sorry Altiplano, by non-flying, I meant non-pilots

Anyway, if the AC pilots can exercise extra special caution and not show up on narcity news again until Christmas, a round of in-flight WestJet pringles on me.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

You want to nitpick AC?

I give you incidents from todays regional report...
An Eva Airways Corporation Boeing 777 300 Series (EVA010) from Taoyuan Int'l Airport, Taiwan (RCTP) to Vancouver Int'l, BC (CYVR) exited at Taxiway M3 which was not permitted for the aircraft type.
A Delta Air Lines Inc. Boeing 737-832 (N375DA/DAL2804) from Salt Lake City Int'l Airport, UT (KSLC) to Vancouver Int'l, BC (CYVR) conducted a missed approach to Runway 08R due to unstable conditions. The aircraft issued runway heading to maintain 2000 feet. The aircraft appeared to turn to the north east and was corrected again by the tower controller.
A Philippine Airlines Boeing 777 300 series (RPC7774/PAL127) from New York/John F. Kennedy Int'l, NY (KJFK) to Vancouver Int'l, BC (CYVR) exited Runway 26L at L4 which is a prohibited taxiway for that aircraft type.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

duele wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:57 pm Thanks Trey Kule I was wondering if reinforcements would show up.

Anyway, if the AC pilots can exercise extra special caution and not show up on narcity news again until Christmas, a round of in-flight WestJet pringles on me.
Narcity news...... this is the second time you referenced that site. Coincidence.... the skeptic in me says probably not as I bet there is a connection of some sort with you and that on- line organization in some capacity. It doesn’t pass the smell test and certainly stinks of a troll.

duele

Post by duele »

Old fella wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:26 pm
duele wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:57 pm Thanks Trey Kule I was wondering if reinforcements would show up.

Narcity news...... this is the second time you referenced that site. Coincidence.... the skeptic in me says probably not as I bet there is a connection of some sort with you and that on- line organization in some capacity. It doesn’t pass the smell test and certainly stinks of a troll.
I referenced it again purposefully because that's the site that got you all so triggered haha. Yeah... I must secretly be connected to the site, this is what this was all about. Also, chemtrails are real.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Well, at least now we all know where that kid in school that never got enough attention from his parents ended up!

Best of luck with that PPL, duele. Sure hope karma doesn't kick you in the balls while you're rockin' the circuit. :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

duele wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:03 pm
Old fella wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:26 pm

I referenced it again purposefully because that's the site that got you all so triggered haha. Yeah... I must secretly be connected to the site, this is what this was all about. Also, chemtrails are real.
On occasion a dude pop up on this site and provides great entertainment value to the ole Aviation outlaws who have been plugging away in this racket at a great number of knots over the many umpteen years. Keep it going bud private pilot and all, your exposé work on integral business of aviation in particular airline operations will indeed be viewed for what it is- entertainment. To help others here, similar in your stature you may wish to quote the Globe/Star/CBC/CTV/Global et al in lieu of some obscure on- line site in order to give them an impression that you really have a handle on what the big planes do. The rest of us old goats well..... :drinkers: :drinkers:

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

7ECA wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:13 pm You want to nitpick AC?

I give you incidents from todays regional report...
An Eva Airways Corporation Boeing 777 300 Series (EVA010) from Taoyuan Int'l Airport, Taiwan (RCTP) to Vancouver Int'l, BC (CYVR) exited at Taxiway M3 which was not permitted for the aircraft type.
A Delta Air Lines Inc. Boeing 737-832 (N375DA/DAL2804) from Salt Lake City Int'l Airport, UT (KSLC) to Vancouver Int'l, BC (CYVR) conducted a missed approach to Runway 08R due to unstable conditions. The aircraft issued runway heading to maintain 2000 feet. The aircraft appeared to turn to the north east and was corrected again by the tower controller.
A Philippine Airlines Boeing 777 300 series (RPC7774/PAL127) from New York/John F. Kennedy Int'l, NY (KJFK) to Vancouver Int'l, BC (CYVR) exited Runway 26L at L4 which is a prohibited taxiway for that aircraft type.
You got it 7ECA.

And that's just 1 day, and just in Canada's Pacific Region, and at 1 not very busy airport...

These minor errors happen everyday. Where is the media on them? Oh the embarrassment!

The 2 taxiway exit errors are similar to what happened to AC in NRT - and certainly close to home - and they likely didn't even stop or realize their error. And those taxiways are charted as not available 777-300.
image1.png
image1.png (442.45 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
In the AC NRT situation, nothing was charted. Sure they made a mistake, but it happens to most of us from time to time...

The Delta 2000' to the NE off 08R wouldn't turn out well either... good catch by the controller. The published MA off 08R goes South to the VOR, so it wasn't an LNAV turn to the North... but mistakes happens, they corrected it and continued.

Not to mention Delta lining up with the taxiway in their own home airport in ATL in December... Go around was at 60'

Delta even landed a 767 on a taxiway in ATL on a visual approach in recent memory....

And they landed at the completely wrong airport in the Dakotas 2016...

And went off the runway and over the seawall in LaGuardia in 2015...

duele!

Where is your indignation and embarrassment on those incidents? I lost count, was that 3 strikes??? Don't get me started on American, or Southwest!

I'm not picking on Delta, or the others... I think they are great operations, I'm just pointing out that every airline, every pilot in this world are capable and do sometimes make a mistake. It certainly doesn't make them a joke or indicate the entire operation is somehow of poor quality as you insinuate.

Canadian media has nothing else of substance to write about, CBC in a recently mistakenly leaked email was purposely targeting and making up negative news stories on Air Canada! Riling up the ignorant like yourself. Clickbait is right!

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/m.huffingto ... _23211654/

As for your comments of poor customer service - Do you have direct experience you are referencing? Otherwise your statements are unfounded. AC has room to improve for sure, but they win awards, and generally run a pretty good operation... of course it falls apart with IROPs or mechanical issues from time to time, but that happens in this business.

If you want to talk about safety or analyze the mistakes made in an incident, I think that's positive. But ignorant, unfounded, misleading, disparaging insinuations and comments are not.

Welcome to the forum...

duele

Post by duele »

Many people on here responding back as if we are in a court of law. I'm just poking fun at you guys, it's ok to laugh at yourselves occasionally you know. Getting your panties in a knot makes it more fun for me personally and I enjoy checking back in on my lunch breaks. I posted an AC story because oh I don't know... the site is called AVCANADA??

As for the award winning service, I don't know ... I went to Lisbon recently on Rouge and frick was it cold!

duele

Post by duele »

complexintentions wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:37 am Well, at least now we all know where that kid in school that never got enough attention from his parents ended up!

Best of luck with that PPL, duele. Sure hope karma doesn't kick you in the balls while you're rockin' the circuit. :mrgreen:
I don't fly anymore but thanks for wishing death upon me!

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

duele wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:54 am As for the award winning service, I don't know ... I went to Lisbon recently on Rouge and frick was it cold!
Ask them to turn the heat up a bit. Not complicated.

I've picked on AC but all in all they are a fine airline.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

duele wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:05 pmI don't fly anymore but thanks for wishing death upon me!
Goodness you ARE a little drama queen aren't you? Now who's being triggered? :lol:

I was just calmly pointing out that being a dick will come back to haunt you. Count on that. I certainly don't wish actual harm on you.

Since you're no longer flying, (too hard? scary?) good luck with um, whatever thing it is that you do when you're not trolling working professionals. :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
duele

Post by duele »

It was complicated actually because people asked many times and they said they couldn't. So it was haha. No I don't think most people find flying to be too hard or complicated of a career from what I hear. For me flying around in a Cessna was just not worth $200 an hour.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

duele wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:17 pm It was complicated actually because people asked many times and they said they couldn't. So it was haha. No I don't think most people find flying to be too hard or complicated of a career from what I hear. For me flying around in a Cessna was just not worth $200 an hour.
You're lonely, and that makes me sad for you.

duele

Post by duele »

You got it. Please PM me.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

"Narcity"?? :lol: