3 dead, 2 uninjured in NWT

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: 3 dead, 2 uninjured in NWT

Post by Capt. Underpants »

flyingnorm wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:33 am Can someone please re introduce dignity, respect, and morality to an industry one known for those disciplines?
A noble ideal to be sure. Unfortunately, it's the Trump era, where creating your own facts to fit your narrative is not only accepted, it's expected.
---------- ADS -----------

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

Closure, Wiki : "are social psychological terms that describe an individual's desire for a firm answer to a question and an aversion toward ambiguity. The term "need" denotes a motivated tendency to seek out information."

The families of the deceased passengers would like Closure and the whole truth is a tool for this exercise called Closure.
The Pilot would also like Closure and to know the whole truth about how this accident came about
I am sure, all parties have suffered much from this accident and their search for answers would be no less dishonourable than my search for truth in all matters flying !

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

Transport Canada today released an Airworthiness Directive for the 206.

Essentially, operators have two options, install an additional cabin door (STC'd option) or remove one of the middle row seats and limit the capacity of the aeroplane to five. Operators must also ensure that any passenger occupying the rear seat(s) of the aeroplane are thoroughly briefed and able to demonstrate the operation of the cargo doors, simulating the blockage of said doors by the flaps...

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ ... 0-10-E.PDF

TailwheelPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TailwheelPilot »

North-Wright, Coast Dog, and these guys came up with a solution to the rear cargo doors that TC, the FAA, and Cessna could not come up with (or it was prohibitively expensive, which I doubt is the case since these guys are making an STC for it). They are hoping for (and hopefully get) an alternate means of compliance from the AD. Assuming they keep the cost reasonable, I would have preferred to see this STC required to carry anyone in the rear seats for all U206s over the AD - it seems to be better solution.

http://www.airwrweb.com/cessna-206-cargo-door-mod.html

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”