piper arrow down at CYFD

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Re: piper arrow down at CYFD

Post by Old fella »

Hard accident report to read and as well a sad situation. Transport pulls the pilots medical for what has to be a very specific reason, the pilot continues to fly regardless, appears to be covering up that fact. Undertakes a trip late at night in an aircraft not certified for conditions flown and beyond the pilots own capabilities while under the influence of alcohol. Terrible tragedy needless to say.
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:30 pm I would suggest if the goal is educational, and not the gossip and holier than thou commentary that wrecks that goal ---- for those seriously interested in studying accidents, watching a number of AOPA,s Air Safety Institute videos would cover any number of GA scenarios well, without needing to speculate on this poor couple's outcome.
If you feel my post or thread or anything else is inappropriate, then press the button on the post with the exclamation mark to send it to the moderators and tell them that you feel it is not conforming with the rules of the forum. They will deal with it just like it appears that your buddy from the previous thread has been dealt with( and you too in the past).

As for the pilot in this accident, it would be a perfect case study for an anti-authority attitude. No medical, bad weather, intoxicated which equals extremely irresponsible and resulted in multiple deaths and aircraft loss. And it could have killed others on the ground.

Some people just don't like the harsh truth.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

pelmet wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:18 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:30 pm I would suggest if the goal is educational, and not the gossip and holier than thou commentary that wrecks that goal ---- for those seriously interested in studying accidents, watching a number of AOPA,s Air Safety Institute videos would cover any number of GA scenarios well, without needing to speculate on this poor couple's outcome.
If you feel my post or thread or anything else is inappropriate, then press the button on the post with the exclamation mark to send it to the moderators and tell them that you feel it is not conforming with the rules of the forum. They will deal with it just like it appears that your buddy from the previous thread has been dealt with( and you too in the past).

As for the pilot in this accident, it would be a perfect case study for an anti-authority attitude. No medical, bad weather, intoxicated which equals extremely irresponsible and resulted in multiple deaths and aircraft loss. And it could have killed others on the ground.

....I have no words, Pelmet. You're not educational. You're just mean.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

This pilot's behaviour easily meets the definition of criminally negligent manslaughter. It's baffling that anyone would defend this guy.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:21 pm
pelmet wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:18 pm

....I have no words, Pelmet. You're not educational. You're just mean.
Now I am mean. :roll:

By the way...for your education:

1. Anti-Authority:
"Don't tell me."

This attitude is found in people who do not like anyone telling them what to do. In a sense, they are saying, "No one can tell me what to do." They may be resentful of having someone tell themwhat to do, or may regard rules, regulations, and procedures as silly or unnecessary. However, itis always your prerogative to question authority if you feel it is in error.

You can get educated about it here.....

http://www.avhf.com/html/Evaluation/Haz ... _Intro.htm

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:27 pm This pilot's behaviour easily meets the definition of criminally negligent manslaughter. It's baffling that anyone would defend this guy.
Don't be mean CpnCrunch. Rookie has been defending all kinds of people like this. Do something that you shouldn't do and burn down a row of hangars and peoples aircraft.....don't be mean.

Someone is grabbing their suitcase from the overhead bin and blocking you from escaping an aircraft on fire and you will die....don't be mean.

Get sued by someone for no good reason at all....don't be mean.

Get drunk, fly without a medical, crash in crap weather....don't be mean.

Could there be something in his aviation or other background that happened and won't accept fault, and therefore take personal offence at my simply pointing out things like this? It defies logic and ruins threads.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

it would be a perfect case study for an anti-authority attitude.
Where is the connection to anti-authority?

I don't see where flying VFR in obviously poor weather at night under the influence of alcohol fits that description.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”