boeing 737max software fix I hope the software engineers thought a

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

boeing 737max software fix I hope the software engineers thought a

Post by oldncold »

Was doing. Super cell and Micro burst/ wind-shear procedures in sim last week. It occurred to me in light of the max737 that the the fix for the software and the additional sensor still could leave a crew on the ragged edge plane encounter a wind shear micro burst requiring max thrust and nose up to the stall stick shaker the mcas system with the new fix detect abnormal high angle of attack and does a comparator / fault sense check of the the now retrofitted 2 angle of attack sensors no fault is dectected so the mcas system iniates nose down and now crew is fight for their lives to over come the microburst and the mcas at atime of extremely high workload
---------- ADS -----------

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: boeing 737max software fix I hope the software engineers thought a

Post by Jean-Pierre »

You are not allowed to fly on the ragged edge. Too risky. Better to hit the ground.

Personally I would not fly an aircraft with such a system. Too risky.

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: boeing 737max software fix I hope the software engineers thought a

Post by J31 »

oldncold wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm Was doing. Super cell and Micro burst/ wind-shear procedures in sim last week. It occurred to me in light of the max737 that the the fix for the software and the additional sensor still could leave a crew on the ragged edge plane encounter a wind shear micro burst requiring max thrust and nose up to the stall stick shaker the mcas system with the new fix detect abnormal high angle of attack and does a comparator / fault sense check of the the now retrofitted 2 angle of attack sensors no fault is dectected so the mcas system iniates nose down and now crew is fight for their lives to over come the microburst and the mcas at atime of extremely high workload
Generally a windshear event will be with flaps down and Boeing tells us that MCAS is only active with the flaps up.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”