Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by tps8903 »

AuxBatOn wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 pm
tps8903 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:04 am
AuxBatOn wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:30 am There is a minimum level of THC to prove impairment under Cannabis.
False. Alcohol is the only drug that has a statutory maximum for blood content. (Operation over 80mg/100ml of blood).

All other drugs are charged via the impairment section which is done on subjective grounds with a DRE (Drug Recognition Expert) and a multi-part sobriety test including physical tests, ocular tests and physiological symptoms.
Alcohol

The prohibited blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) is 80 milligrams or more (mg) of alcohol per 100 millilitres (ml) of blood.

Cannabis (THC)

There are two prohibited levels for THC, the primary psychoactive component of cannabis: it is a less serious offence to have between 2 nanograms (ng) and 5 ng of THC per ml of blood. It is a more serious offence to have 5 ng of THC or more per ml of blood.

I stand humbled and corrected. It appears the laws changed in mid 2018. Looks like I'm a dinosaur in yet another area of my life.
---------- ADS -----------

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by AuxBatOn »

The law changed as cannabis was legalized.
---------- ADS -----------

Going for the deck at corner

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”