Stowaway in plane's landing gear falls to death as flight approaches Heathrow

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Woxof38
Rank 4
Rank 4

Stowaway in plane's landing gear falls to death as flight approaches Heathrow

Post by Woxof38 »

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/stowaway-i ... -1.4489496

A stowaway fell from the undercarriage of a jet as it approached Heathrow Airport after a nine-hour flight from Nairobi, landing in a south London garden, police and airline officials said Monday.
Kenya Airways said police traced the body to its Nairobi-London flight. A bag, water and food were discovered in the plane's landing-gear compartment after it landed.
Though not common, stowaways have in the past plunged to the streets of London as planes lowered their landing gear.
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Stowaway in plane's landing gear falls to death as flight approaches Heathrow

Post by Inverted2 »

Reminds me of when we used to have cats climb up in the warm engine compartments of vehicles at the farm. Usually doesn’t end well when you start the engine. 8)

Let’s Go Brandon
Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Stowaway in plane's landing gear falls to death as flight approaches Heathrow

Post by Victory »

I'm surprised there hasn't been more attacks on major European airlines flying into Africa in modern times. The security is essentially zero and the place is crawling with muslim extremists. Air France, BA, Turkish, etc all fly into places way worse than Nairobi too.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”