Another Norseman...gone

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Another Norseman...gone

Post by cncpc »

corethatthermal wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:11 pm CWE, If you take off at an airport that borders on a lake or ocean, and you are at 7-900 feet, and say maybe 3/4 mile past the end of the runway, Do you do a rate 1 turn at best glide and land in the water OR do you do a modified turn ? Remember, the more time you spend in a turn the more degrees of turn you have to make! If you are teaching that it is better to land straight ahead in the water ( maybe it is winter) than to do a maneuver that may be thought of as out of the norm, fill yer boots !

I have set up MANY students for a sim. forced approach, where the ONLY POSSIBLE SUCCESSFUL reaction to an immediate engine failure is to IMMEDIATELY turn HARD towards the most suitable landing spot and then figure out what the hell is happening! I have NEVER seen a student ( 100 hr or 10000 hr) do the only right thing. When they finally turned, most never "made" the field. MANY have thanked me for the very realistic check-outs I have provided for them. I have had 30,000 B747 pilots sweat cupfuls trying to master a little ( float) plane after stepping off a heavy and they ENJOYED it !!
I have introduced many simulations on check-outs I have given and I never hear that these specifically were being done in other places. I also do not recall that anyone was displeased although some were a little feather ruffled!

Have you practiced blind canyon turns at altitude at 0 flaps and best rate compared to half flaps and best angle speed? What is the difference in the procedure for your plane?
Moderators:

This cracker is going to get someone killed. I don't think that requires any explanation.
---------- ADS -----------

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

corethatthermal wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:11 pm I have set up MANY students for a sim. forced approach,
I don't believe you have any commercial flying experience.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

This cracker is going to get someone killed. I don't think that requires any explanation.
Care to tell me what is wrong with the post i made?
I don't believe you have graduated from your parents basement suit either !

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

For the record, I have over 3000 hrs , almost all PIC, mostly bush time, CPL, AME M1 multi-IFR, Floats, skis, gliders, hang-gliders, Aerobatic. Tofino to Gander, Niagara Falls ( just above the falls) to Inuvik to Kuujjuaq, to Mexico to the Bahamas, to Alaska etc.
NO infractions and NO accidents either in flying or AME work.
I have had to dead stick an aircraft with a double mag failure, landed on beaches often, river banks, highways, roads and fields. From the great lakes to thames creek 6 nm N of London airport to attend an airshow.

I realize i am a lower time pilot ( especially at my age ) with a little more than average experience for the hours, still learning and still making little mistakes.

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

corethatthermal wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:12 pm
For the record, I have over 3000 hrs , almost all PIC, mostly bush time, CPL, AME M1 multi-IFR, Floats, skis, gliders, hang-gliders, Aerobatic. Tofino to Gander, Niagara Falls ( just above the falls) to Inuvik to Kuujjuaq, to Mexico to the Bahamas, to Alaska etc.
NO infractions and NO accidents either in flying or AME work.
I have had to dead stick an aircraft with a double mag failure, landed on beaches often, river banks, highways, roads and fields. From the great lakes to thames creek 6 nm N of London airport to attend an airshow.

I realize i am a lower time pilot ( especially at my age ) with a little more than average experience for the hours, still learning and still making little mistakes.
You're not that geezer towing a Nanking at Oliver airport, are you?

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

corethatthermal wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:43 pm
Care to tell me what is wrong with the post i made?
I don't believe you have graduated from your parents basement suit either !
No, I don't care to. It just gives you cred. You missed the part about "I don't think that requires any explanation".

You're a fucking head case and you shouldn't be allowed around airplanes. For starters.

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

corethatthermal wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:43 pm I don't believe you have graduated from your parents basement suit either !
Well, now I don't believe you've graduated highschool if you don't know the difference between a suit and a suite.
So, of the 3000 hours on your unsolicited resume you posted, how much of that was in commercial ops?

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Its a Nanchang CJ6A not a Nanking and that old geezer is Walt, a nice and capable guy, the other Nan owner is Paul, the airport manager, a fine gentleman!

I am neither of these folks and your ignorance is showing in spades!

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Well,
now I don't believe you've graduated highschool if you don't know the difference between a suit and a suite.
So, of the 3000 hours on your unsolicited resume you posted, how much of that was in commercial ops?
A basement suit is a piece of clothing you wear when you are living in the basement, usually something your parents gave you ! :lol:
A suite is something east indians love a LOT !

The vast majority is commercial but on 1 private trip, I put more time on a plane than you likely have in TT. ( 10,000 miles , 100 hours and 2 weeks in a nordo hand start C-120) :wink:

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

No, I don't care to. It just gives you cred. You missed the part about "I don't think that requires any explanation".
You have no proof and cannot back up anything you say ! I bet you are a flight sim wannabe on crack in your mammas basement wearing a flight SUIT ! :P

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Moderators? Someone calling for moderators?

I sure don’t agree with what some people write . I might have a polar opposite view of some folks. But god damn I’ll fight for your Right to write whatever the hell you want. This is not China, nor North Korea.

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

corethatthermal wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:25 pm
Its a Nanchang CJ6A not a Nanking and that old geezer is Walt, a nice and capable guy, the other Nan owner is Paul, the airport manager, a fine gentleman!

I am neither of these folks and your ignorance is showing in spades!
So Walt and Paul know who you are?

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

Rooster69 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 am Moderators? Someone calling for moderators?

I sure don’t agree with what some people write . I might have a polar opposite view of some folks. But god damn I’ll fight for your Right to write whatever the hell you want. This is not China, nor North Korea.
That's why they have moderators. This is an aviation forum. It contains some posters who are inexperienced in flying and vulnerable to being led into danger by the type of drivel this preposterous gobshite is spewing. I doubt there is anyone here who thinks this is China or North Korea.

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

corethatthermal wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:35 pm
You have no proof and cannot back up anything you say ! I bet you are a flight sim wannabe on crack in your mammas basement wearing a flight SUIT ! :P
Nobody is blinking. Especially the pilots you fantasize about being.

Proof of what? Your own posts back up what I and others say.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Has anyone in the float world tried backside power approaches to a glassy then transition to front side approach by adding power and be immediately onto the glassy approach profile for your A/C ?
This is what, 4 pages later, got me in trouble with the thought police and the PC snowflakes like cncpc. It was a QUESTION, like "has anyone landed a plane on its back safely". ( They have , it was an airshow act) BUT do you think Mr. 50 Hr. wonder is going to strap a set of wheels on the top of the wings and try this stunt tomorrow?
Has anyone flown a plane through a hurricane intentionally? Will you ? since I asked the question?

Has anyone taken off with ice , frost or snow on the wings? Asking THAT question is gonna get a lot of people killed, I am sure of that !
BTW, anyone who has been around since the 8 track player has most likely done a take-off or flown with contaminants on the wing. Can it be done safely? Am i allowed to comment on my own question? Of course, I would NOT condone, suggest, encourage or force ANYONE to take-off with any contaminants on the wing!
Are we now in Iran or Canadistan where speaking the truth or asking questions WILL get you killed or imprisoned.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

So Walt and Paul know who you are?
Thats none of your F______ business, Your attempt at doxing and defamatory remarks were met with failure before so I suggest you keep this conversation on an anonymous forum free from personal libel and insinuation!

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

corethatthermal wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:28 pm Laminar I suppose you have inspected any or all of the airplanes I have sold or inspected or signed off? Where is your proof?
As far as criticizing Christianity, Are you a christian or do you know the doctrines of various denominations to be able to speak with some authority?
Maybe when you have an ounce of proof of anything, you can come on here and blow smoke rings up my arse ! :D
IF you think the progression of Canadians and Canada is a wonderful thing, just look around you and look at who you elected.

Do you want a work report of the C-182 to know how much was put into the plane and how thoroughly it was inspected? I was confident enough to fly it back from the Pemberton area at night to Oliver with my family after its third test flight after major inspection and every accessory and cylinder removed/repaired etc. Would you be able to do that with your bicycle? :wink:
Pemberton at night single engine?!? Jesus. Pemberton doesn't even have lights but since you said "area" I guess you took off just before dark, but man, maybe, just maybe on a clear, full moon night, but not me.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

Pemberton at night single engine?!? Jesus. Pemberton doesn't even have lights but since you said "area" I guess you took off just before dark, but man, maybe, just maybe on a clear, full moon night, but not me.
Not me either, I will not fly single engine aircraft outside the airport circuit at night, especially over mountains.

And I will not fly single engine airplanes over water beyond gliding distance of land.

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

corethatthermal wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:31 pm
The vast majority is commercial but on 1 private trip, I put more time on a plane than you likely have in TT. ( 10,000 miles , 100 hours and 2 weeks in a nordo hand start C-120) :wink:
Oh wow! Tell me more, I'm almost ready to believe in your theories!

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

corethatthermal wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:31 pm

The vast majority is commercial but on 1 private trip, I put more time on a plane than you likely have in TT. ( 10,000 miles , 100 hours and 2 weeks in a nordo hand start C-120)
Tell us more, that means you averaged over seven hours of flying time per day, every day.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”