Family sueing Air Saguenay

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Family sueing Air Saguenay

Post by av8ts »

---------- ADS -----------

Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Family sueing Air Saguenay

Post by Schooner69A »

"We expect to prove the most likely inference based on the circumstances is pilot error," said lawyer Jamie MacGillivray in a press release.

When pressed for what evidence he had to support those inferences, MacGillivray said, "the weather wasn't bad and the plane crashed."

Pretty obvious to me..

NOT!

Gormless...

HO Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by HO Driver »

Wow, this guy has absolutely no evidence of pilot error. Good luck with that lawsuit holding up in court :lol:
Nothing to see here, carry on.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

In a civil suit, the standard the plaintiff has to reach is very low: only “more likely than not”. What alternatives are more likely than pilot error?

The parties will settle out of court for quite a lot of money and no admission of liability, at the direction of the insurers.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by 200hr Wonder »

Cheers,

200hr Wonder
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Must be the bloodsucking lawyers fault. Oh, wait....

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

rookiepilot wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:10 pm Must be the bloodsucking lawyers fault. Oh, wait....
Good evening Rookie,

Did you read the article that 200hr Wonder posted above your last quoted post?

Air Saguenay’s bread and butter is made during the Caribou hunting season. The province ended that with a moratorium on Caribou hunting. (Remember Brian Tobin and the Turbot war fiasco?)

Have to admit, how often does an AE admit to “we don’t have a good accident history in the last ten years” let alone with pending litigation?

Fly safe,
TPC

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:29 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:10 pm Must be the bloodsucking lawyers fault. Oh, wait....
Good evening Rookie,

Did you read the article that 200hr Wonder posted above your last quoted post?

Air Saguenay’s bread and butter is made during the Caribou hunting season. The province ended that with a moratorium on Caribou hunting. (Remember Brian Tobin and the Turbot war fiasco?)

Have to admit, how often does an AE admit to “we don’t have a good accident history in the last ten years” let alone with pending litigation?

Fly safe,
TPC
I noted that. It was a bit of sarcasm which is certainly not unheard of here.

Next everyone will blame the greedy insurance companies for not insuring an operation with a poor safety record.

I happen to cynically think the posted reason from the link is a touch questionable. Shut down after a fatal accident, nothing to sue I guess. Seems convenient.

I've also noted on this forum a blanket and irrational distaste for lawyers and lawsuits -- when it's a Canadian operation. With Boeing it seems to be a different story.

My distaste hits a high when the families suing the Canadian flight school for the death of their 2 teenage children are referred to as selfish bloodsuckers. Perhaps they would like instead, to send their children up instead with an unqualified instructor on an illegal flight.

The Justice system is a essential part of accountability, and should be respected as such.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”