@#$! 2020

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

@#$! 2020

Post by leftoftrack »

You got to be fucking kidding me 2020
---------- ADS -----------

jschnurr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: @#$! 2020

Post by jschnurr »

When the young 'uns in the future complain about their life, how miserable it is going to school, work, having to "run to the store" for something, getting stuck in traffic on the 401, or having to go to Grandma's birthday party...

you can say, Enjoy what you have...

Be glad you have a school to go to....

Be grateful you can work with people. Do something nice for your co-workers without a reason to; no one can guarantee they will be here tomorrow...

Be thankful you can walk to a store and go in to buy stuff, with money that you earned...

Notice all your fellow human beings on the road, and how each one of them helps the world go around...

Go see your grandma. Go to her birthday party, this might be the last one...

I know I am going to live life differently. I wasn't always this way, but you know what they say...

...hindsight is 2020.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

LOL... that is pretty good.

What a fukin' bs world/time we are in...

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

I'm with the OP. #$%^ 2020. And I'm no yung'un, just middle aged.

I grew up with stories of my grandparents walking barefoot for 20 miles in 3 feet of snow for a sack of potatoes. For most parents, this was a lie. Not so for my grandparents, who were starved - literally - by the Nazis. The whole country was starved. People ate their cats. They ate Fluffy. All still in living memory.

So while I sit here saying "#$%^ 2020!", I remind myself that they said "#$%^ my 20's!". I think if they got through that, emigrated, made a family, built a business, and established a legacy here from those beginnings, I think I can weather Covid-19.

What we are living though is peanuts compared to that. A hundred million dead. People went to war, to fight beside total strangers, against such an evil as the world had never known. Those who were lucky enough to come back, they came back broken. All we are asked to to is to sit and wait. What we are living through is peanuts, compared to that.

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

We're so hard done by today...
Having perspective is good, but using it is better. I received what is written below from a friend. I do not know who wrote it, but I think it makes an excellent point relative to what is occurring now.

We probably all think that it’s a mess out there now. Hard to discern between what’s a real threat and what is just simple panic and hysteria. For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900. Many would think that that was a pretty simple time of life. Then on your 14th birthday, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday. 22 million people perish in that war, including many of your friends who volunteered to defend freedom in Europe.

Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until your 20th birthday. 50 million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million. On your 29th birthday, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, the World GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 38. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy. If you were lucky, you had a job that paid $300 a year, a dollar a day.

When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet, but don’t try to catch your breath. If you lived in London, England or most of continental Europe, bombing of your neighborhood, or invasion of your country by foreign soldiers along with their tank and artillery was a daily event. Thousands of Canadian young men joined the army to defend liberty with their lives. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war.

At 50, the Korean War starts. 5 million perish. At 55 the Vietnam War begins and doesn’t end for 20 years. 4 million people perish in that conflict. On your 62nd birthday there is the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, could have ended. Sensible leaders prevented that from happening.

In 2020, we have the COVID-19 pandemic. Thousands have died; it feels pretty dangerous; and it is. Now think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How do you think they survived all of the above? When you were a kid in 1965, you didn’t think your 65-year-old grandparents understood how hard school was, and how mean that kid in your class was. Yet they survived through everything listed above. Perspective is an amazing art. Refined as time goes on, and very enlightening. So, let’s try and keep things in perspective. Let’s be smart, we are all in this together. Let’s help each other out, and we will get through all of this.

Will fix airplanes for food.
doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

but it's 2020.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

jschnurr wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:29 pm When the young 'uns in the future complain about their life, how miserable it is going to school, work, having to "run to the store" for something, getting stuck in traffic on the 401, or having to go to Grandma's birthday party...

you can say, Enjoy what you have...

Be glad you have a school to go to....

Be grateful you can work with people. Do something nice for your co-workers without a reason to; no one can guarantee they will be here tomorrow...

Be thankful you can walk to a store and go in to buy stuff, with money that you earned...

Notice all your fellow human beings on the road, and how each one of them helps the world go around...

Go see your grandma. Go to her birthday party, this might be the last one...

I know I am going to live life differently. I wasn't always this way, but you know what they say...
Good advice.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxEHGAY7LbY

phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

The sad part is more then 2/3 of folks think this is great. In a poll I saw 80% said they would be happy with Air Canada going bankrupt.

wan2fly99
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wan2fly99 »

People are pussywipped here in Canada.

Can't they said the erosion of freedom.

During the war there was a great evil and people got together, lost there lives for the freedom to continue.
My parents were there

Now we sit in a house closed up , people calling the cops on people (snitches) instead of getting all together to find the real truth

Oh well

Aux1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aux1 »

Keep perspective.

Your grandparents were asked to go to war, you are being asked to wash your hands, stay home and socially distance.
You got this!

Think of the stories you'll be able to tell your grandkids.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

I wish I could say this was remotely close to the hardest thing I've gone through.

Life would've been a breeze.

wan2fly99
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wan2fly99 »

yes grandparents went to war, we just stay ho,e. Keep reading underneath, they are testing everybody how we react so the erosion of freedom can take place again

Call me a conspirator, I call myself somebody who is seeking the truth.

I think will have to get back to flying. 3 years away and everything has changed in the cockpit also.

Amazing

Everybody keep up the spirits and enjoy the freedom of flight

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

wan2fly99 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 am yes grandparents went to war, we just stay ho,e. Keep reading underneath, they are testing everybody how we react so the erosion of freedom can take place again

Call me a conspirator, I call myself somebody who is seeking the truth.
Who is this exactly taking away our freedoms and for what purpose?

Do you really want to know the truth? A little, tiny, bit of RNA material got inside a mammal cell. It reproduced and reproduced and traveled from host to host, killing many of them. Now we need to deal with it.

Seriously, nobody has anything against you such that they need to waste trillions of dollars to get it something on you.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

This pandemic is showing just how fragile our capitalist democracy is and how close to the brink businesses and corporations are running in order to give the shareholders and the executives as much of the company profit as possible on the backs of the workers.

It's showing how greed is more important to corporate ownership than the health of their workers and of the people they are supposed to protect.

It's showing how our government will spend, spend, spend to get votes as I'm sure an election will be announced by Trudoh within a year.

It will also show what major corporations this government feels are important enough to make sure they don't fail. My guess is AC and Transat will be protected and WJ and Sunwing will be left to the wolves.

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

leftoftrack wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:38 pm You got to be fucking kidding me 2020
Cowboy, Stalker 22 and Snowbird 11 plus all the COVID related layoffs ... I'm with you $%?& 2020.

wan2fly99
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wan2fly99 »

Everybody has there own beliefs on this virus and the world.

I just look at all material available and read and try to analyze.

Don't believe everything your government says and also don't believe everything on youtube.

For now flying gone to shits. Actually I think it was before, packing people into planes where your cant even get into the crash position (and I'm a small person)

Enjoy life everybody it is short

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”