VIDEO : Student Pilot Crashes the Cessna on touchdown (Nov 2019)

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: VIDEO : Student Pilot Crashes the Cessna on touchdown (Nov 2019)

Post by rookiepilot »

AuxBatOn wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:01 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:07 pm
If this is true it's a valid concern. I'm not talking about that, but it is valid.
Take that up with your MP, factually, or your employer. I have no problem with you doing so. It's called properly raising issues through channels. I've written my MP a few times.
Giving more opportunities for under-represented groups is called Affirmative Action and is well anchored in the Charter. It is legal and is a mean to increase diversity in an organization (which will promote diversity of thought and different point of views in the long term). There are several examples showing that Affirmative Actions work.
I respect the intent of this.

I do wonder if in places it's gone too far. There is a balance here, and it isn't by teaching the sheer act of being born a white male is somehow toxic, and places -- think universities-- that bluntly say in essence "white men need not apply".

In places it's gone there. That's way over the line.

I have a number of friends of other races. They have enriched my life immeasurably. Not one of them has ever endorsed affirmative action, at least to me. They only wish to be treated equally, fairly, and with the respect they show others. Mostly, that happens (here in the Toronto area -- it's one of the great positives of this region, the peaceful multiculturalism)

Some behaviours though, can't be legislated.
---------- ADS -----------

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:31 pm Student pilot crashes a plane, he's called , here, "son of Asiana". Funny.

AC pilots come within 50 feet of the world's worst air disaster...and the response:

"Nothing to see here".

Must be a coincidence.
The difference between those two incidents is literally night and day. Closed runway vs open runway. Rested crew with training captains on board vs tired crew. An actual crash vs several seconds before a crash.

Being within 50 feet of complete disaster is just another day in Asia. We only hear about the crashes.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

lol

This thread is so Canadian it makes my teeth hurt.

Try living somewhere outside Canada for awhile where your apologetic white ass is very much a minority. Say, the Far or Middle East. South Asia.

And you'll very quickly realize comments that trigger earnest pearl-clutching in Canada are NOTHING compared to the casual racism shown by virtually every culture to virtually every other one.

We are tribal. We'll beat each other up based on which damn hockey team we cheer for. Of course something as distinguishing as skin colour will always be contentious. Only complete idiots think it will ever be anything but thus or can be legislated, educated, or shamed into non-existence.

Deal with it.

The kid did a terrible job attempting to land the simplest aircraft in the world to fly without physically harming himself. It was funny.

The End.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

complexintentions wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:03 am lol

This thread is so Canadian it makes my teeth hurt.

Try living somewhere outside Canada for awhile where your apologetic white ass is very much a minority. Say, the Far or Middle East. South Asia.

And you'll very quickly realize comments that trigger earnest pearl-clutching in Canada are NOTHING compared to the casual racism shown by virtually every culture to virtually every other one.

We are tribal. We'll beat each other up based on which damn hockey team we cheer for. Of course something as distinguishing as skin colour will always be contentious. Only complete idiots think it will ever be anything but thus or can be legislated, educated, or shamed into non-existence.

Deal with it.

The kid did a terrible job attempting to land the simplest aircraft in the world to fly without physically harming himself. It was funny.

The End.
Because others do it makes it right? That’ll bring you far in life...

Going for the deck at corner
Castorero
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Castorero »

edit

Last edited by Castorero on Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

AuxBatOn wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:30 am Because others do it makes it right? That’ll bring you far in life...
I actually believe it will... It's often morally wrong, at time despicable, but I do believe that people who use that as benchmark for "right" and "wrong" do end up further than people who live by a "morally better" set of rules.

It would make things a lot easier if I could switch of my moral compass every now and then and just "do what others do"...

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

digits_ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:04 pm
AuxBatOn wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:30 am Because others do it makes it right? That’ll bring you far in life...
I actually believe it will... It's often morally wrong, at time despicable, but I do believe that people who use that as benchmark for "right" and "wrong" do end up further than people who live by a "morally better" set of rules.
Good for them.
Relative moral followers -- another word is sheeple. Cowards.

At the end of your life, all you have is your character, honour, and reputation, to stand for what is right.
No one else's racist views of morality will ever define that for me.
If it costs me, I don't care.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:38 pm
digits_ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:04 pm
Good for them.
Relative moral followers -- another word is sheeple. Cowards.

At the end of your life, all you have is your character, honour, and reputation, to stand for what is right.
No one else's racist views of morality will ever define that for me.
If it costs me, I don't care.
:smt023

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

I've been lazy (or maybe wise) and have not read all of this thread. I'm not understanding the protracted discussion about racism and morals in respect of a student blundering off a runway in a 172. I'm afraid to ask what I'm missing here!

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

It was a slow weekend.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

fake video

next...

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Some flat earthers believe the moon landings were fake as well .
Technically feasible to fake even with early technology , but actually cheaper to do in reality .

Take the red pill :)

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

2R wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:44 am Some flat earthers believe the moon landings were fake as well .
Technically feasible to fake even with early technology , but actually cheaper to do in reality .

Take the red pill :)
I’m willing to bet that that Venn diagram shows a lot of overlap.

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

PilotDAR wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:46 pm I've been lazy (or maybe wise) and have not read all of this thread. I'm not understanding the protracted discussion about racism and morals in respect of a student blundering off a runway in a 172. I'm afraid to ask what I'm missing here!
It is called the lefties that insist on forcing their agenda down your throat, whether at a sports event or an accident forum, they can't stop bringing up their political crap. Now, they will come up with some sort of excuse after I post this but it still is all about forcing their stuff down your throat when talking about completely unrelated stuff. Typically after starting something like this, they accuse you of divisiveness.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Dh8Classic wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:53 pm
PilotDAR wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:46 pm I've been lazy (or maybe wise) and have not read all of this thread. I'm not understanding the protracted discussion about racism and morals in respect of a student blundering off a runway in a 172. I'm afraid to ask what I'm missing here!
It is called the lefties that insist on forcing their agenda down your throat, whether at a sports event or an accident forum, they can't stop bringing up their political crap. Now, they will come up with some sort of excuse after I post this but it still is all about forcing their stuff down your throat when talking about completely unrelated stuff. Typically after starting something like this, they accuse you of divisiveness.

What he said.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Dh8Classic wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:53 pm
Isn't if selectively leftist to demand unlimited bailouts to "invest" in the airlines and six figure jobs, while letting anyone at the food banks fry, because helping them would be "bailing out the poorly run" -- and that would be "leftist".

Do I have the terms correct?

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

Isn't if selectively leftist to demand unlimited bailouts to "invest" in the airlines and six figure jobs, while letting anyone at the food banks fry, because helping them would be "bailing out the poorly run" -- and that would be "leftist".

'Not sure... I do remember: "Red on the left, Green on the right."

But I still don't see how that, nor discussions on politics, relate to a 172 departing a runway!?!

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

PilotDAR wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:07 pm

'Not sure... I do remember: "Red on the left, Green on the right."

But I still don't see how that, nor discussions on politics, relate to a 172 departing a runway!?!
PilotDar,

You've asked.

I raised the racism issue on this thread because of the many racist comments both on the YouTube video and too often here on this site whenever anyone of a non - white ethnicity is involved in an incident.

I have many non white friends. I am sick of reading it, its unacceptable and I'm vocally calling it out. I shouldn't have to read that garbage when I'm reading an accident thread.

As a moderator you should fully understand and support a higher standard of posts.

When the racist comments stop, won't see me hijack the thread.

I trust that's clear.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

It is too bad that Rookiepilot, on the first response to the initial posts, had to interject racism to the thread. Instead of talking about the landing gone awry, we get three pages on racism.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Inverted2 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:35 am Could it be the child of an Asiana Airlines pilot?
ROOSTER,

I didn't bring racism into it.

This comment did. As do the many racist comments on the YouTube video. Have you read the comments?

Once that video is posted here, racism was brought onto the thread, and endorsed as just fine.

It's not.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”