Sad But Inevitable

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Sad But Inevitable

Post by broken_slinky »

---------- ADS -----------

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Sad But Inevitable

Post by mbav8r »

So you don’t need to open the link if you’re not interested
“UBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES -- Frenchman Vince Reffet, part of the "Jetman" team which has performed groundbreaking stunts above Dubai using jetpacks and carbon-fibre wings, was killed in a training accident Tuesday, a spokesman said.”

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
karmutzen
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by karmutzen »

Thanks, I’m one of the haters of thread titles that give absolutely no clue of the content. Titles should provide enough info for you to make a decision. “broken-slinky” is doubly culpable by not only making the title meaningless, but furthering his sins by not even giving a clue in his post, instead clickbaiting readers down another rabbit hole link.

SpyPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SpyPilot »

In my opinion, the death of Vincent Reffet wasn't so much sad as it was an unfortunate and tragic end to the life of a man who died pursuing a passion for expanding the boundary of manned flight.

Also, the OP is confused as to the definition of inevitable. His crash was, again imo, capable of being avoided or evaded had he been able to overcome whatever mechanical or propulsion failure precipitated the accident.

On the other hand, maybe he just just screwed the pooch.

Either or, the man had cojones.

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

I truly aspire to be as awesome at posting material as you karmutzen and SpyPilot. I am humbled by your greatness.
For your clarification SpyPilot, the word inevitable was chosen correctly. Meaning that strapping on that type of flight gear will eventually lead to death. Just like the mortality rate of base jumpers, wingsuits, etc... I will not argue with you the size or actual presence of Vincent Reffet's genitalia as I never saw the man naked.
I will say that it is a tragedy that he lost his life but not without surprise.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

karmutzen wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:26 pm
Thanks, I’m one of the haters of thread titles that give absolutely no clue of the content. Titles should provide enough info for you to make a decision. “broken-slinky” is doubly culpable by not only making the title meaningless, but furthering his sins by not even giving a clue in his post, instead clickbaiting readers down another rabbit hole link.
Sorry broken_slinky, I have to agree with the quotes above and I'm far from being awesome or full of greatness :mrgreen:
Not everybody is in a location with hight speed internet for example.

So yes some clues would help in the "clicking or not clicking" decision making process.

:partyman:

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

TG wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:32 am
karmutzen wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:26 pm
Sorry broken_slinky, I have to agree with the quotes above and I'm far from being awesome or full of greatness :mrgreen:
Not everybody is in a location with hight speed internet for example.

So yes some clues would help in the "clicking or not clicking" decision making process.

:partyman:
I agree, and appreciate your input. The previous posts just come across like a lot here. People are so quick to jump on someone negatively rather than make constructive recommendations. But I guess some on here just can't help but be ignorant.

SpyPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SpyPilot »

My post wasn't negative and I was not being ignorant. To clarify: I do not agree with your opinion that the accident was inevitable. Had he taken the day off, your opinion that he would eventually crash and die anyway I do not agree with either.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”