I'm Doing Resumes Again

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: I'm Doing Resumes Again

Post by xsbank »

I have some more time if anybody else would like their resume and cover letters edited and/or rewritten. PM me if you want yours to end up in the "Interview" pile.

Do you want to be better employed, or even just employed? I can help. Pilot resumes tailored to our unique industry, professional quality. I'm currently taking about 2 -3 days.
---------- ADS -----------

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
chapfo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chapfo »

xsbank wrote:I have some more time if anybody else would like their resume and cover letters edited and/or rewritten. PM me if you want yours to end up in the "Interview" pile.

Do you want to be better employed, or even just employed? I can help. Pilot resumes tailored to our unique industry, professional quality. I'm currently taking about 2 -3 days.
I cant PM you.

piper_pilot28
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by piper_pilot28 »

Hi xsbank, I am also new and cant PM but would like some resume work as well if you could PM me. Thanks!

Rudder Bug
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Rudder Bug »

chapfo and piper_pilot28;

You can now send PM's and welcome on board! Just try again, it should work.

RB

Flying an aircraft and building a guitar are two things that are easy to do bad and difficult to do right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yd_QppdGks
Rudder Bug
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Rudder Bug »

Vern wrote:Hey xsbank,

I've been reading this forum for years but never posted. I signed up so that I could ask for your resume help. My current resume is a mess. I can't PM yet so as soon as I have enough posts (not sure how many I need) to be able to send PM's I will be in touch with you.

Thanks!
Hi Vern,

Try again, it should work this time. Cheers!

RB

Flying an aircraft and building a guitar are two things that are easy to do bad and difficult to do right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yd_QppdGks
paucho
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by paucho »

Hi , I've been in maintenance for 30 + yrs and would like some of your help on the resume streamlining . Pls reply , thanks . new on the forum and couldn't pm you , maybe a moderator could lift this restriction

ted_stryker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ted_stryker »

Hi xsbank, I would like some help with my resume as well but am unable to PM you. Thanks.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

I've done a few resumes over the past few weeks and the initial rush has slowed a bit. If any more of you are getting ready for another busy season, I am available for consultation for your cover letters and resumes while this cold and wet season is upon us. Be ready for Spring! Currently (weather permitting - if it's nice I'm outside!) I'm taking about 2 days.

PM please.

"What's it doing now?"
andyp
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by andyp »

Last edited by andyp on Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Spring is early out West this year.

"What's it doing now?"
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

"Hey Xsbank, just to give you an update, (I just got) hired on the (airplane) and I'm starting next week! So thanks again for your help!"

Anybody else?

"What's it doing now?"
T1001
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by T1001 »

I would be interested but can't PM...
Cheers

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Can you write one good enough to get me a job at TC Xs? :|

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

., I can get you all the way to Assistant Deputy Transport Minister! In fact, I can't think of a good reason why you aren't there now, except, of course, you are waaay down south...

"What's it doing now?"
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Assistant Deputy Transport Minister is a political position and does not have the protection that a job with TC has.

I want a job where there is zero accountability for performance and the only chance of losing the job is if I were to get convicted of a criminal offense and I was denied access to a phone and computer in my jail cell and I could not log in to work every day.

So forget a political position. :smt040

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Sorry ., I thought the ADM was the head of the Snivel Service. Shows you how much I know about it.

But, old friend, I can certainly get your resume read by The Powers That Be, even if you pooch the interview, or shoot some of them, at least you'll get the interview.

Anybody else need some resume help to compete with . for the top job?

"What's it doing now?"
racer-pilot-rob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by racer-pilot-rob »

I was wondering what the process is to get your resume update, and what it would cost. Feel free to pm me if you would like. I must be doing something wrong with over 7000hours, 1/2 of it multi turbine, plus tail wheel, charter, aerobatics and much more I would think I would at least get a call back. So I must be doing something wrong. After all, my students are being hired with a fraction of the experience, and often still ask for advice on how systems work from me.

HiFlyChick
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HiFlyChick »

Sounds like a good service - I've seen the letters my company (a small local 703 operator) gets and a lot of them are pathetic. Not the resumes so much as the cover letters - spell check may get the spelling errors (and yet we still see those as well), but the grammar is often horrible. If you suck at writing - seek help; if you don't, you should still get someone to proof-read your letter before you send it out..... Posting on a forum for fun is one thing - who cares about typos and such? But not bothering to do a resume with care indicates to me someone who will not bother to do their pre- and post-flight paperwork carefully. Sure, paperwork is boring, but that's what TC will find fault with on an audit (or should I say "With which TC will find fault " :) Unfortunately, working as a pilot means doing more than just flying the aircraft, and it's all part of being professional

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Thanks for the attaboy - I am not performing miracles but a I can get your info, what it is that you are trying to sell, in front of a Chief Pilot and he will have no problem reading it or comprehending what I (you!) are trying to tell him. My job is to keep your information out of the round file; my job is to get you an interview.

Remember: apply for every job you want, not only the ones you think you are qualified for.

"What's it doing now?"
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Last edited by xsbank on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What's it doing now?"

Return to “Employment Forum”