I'm Doing Resumes Again

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: I'm Doing Resumes Again

Post by upintheair_ »

For people saying they can't PM. You need more than one post. That's why.
---------- ADS -----------

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Time to bump this thread again - I just did 4 resumes over the last week and I have some time right now because of crap weather [65 knots on the coast 8^(] and so lots of time for typing... Once it dies down to the usual winter drizzle, I've got to get back to being a Captain...on a boat.

Anybody unhappy with their work? Anybody not working? Anybody recently been laid off (water starts to get hard soon)? Let's see if we can get you a better job, a better life, happiness, pink sunsets, chirping birds, dancing persons of your choice of gender and a snazzy new German car that isn't a diesel.

PM me if your resume sucks, we (you and me) can fix it!

"its 40 below and I don't give a %#€¥, got a heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo..."

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
jetblast09
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jetblast09 »

How do I pm

glass1/2full
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glass1/2full »

Many thanks again to a great service.
very happy with the end product.

will try to send you few more people your way.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Thank you! I'm very glad I could help. You have my other email too, let me/us know how you make out?

Jetblast, you have to have posted something on this site first, then the mods will let you pm. Its for site security.

"What's it doing now?"
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

My PMs don't seem to be working. I've asked the mods to take a look but I apologize to those whom are waiting for a reply from me. I'm sure it will be working soon.

"What's it doing now?"
nikopo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nikopo »

Hi Xsbank,

I have tried to PM you but my message doesn't leave the outbox...
I am interested in your resume & cover letter service.
Please contact me at npotiron(at)gmail.com

Regards,

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

I am getting your PMs but I can't send any. Patience, I think it's just a website glitch.

"What's it doing now?"
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Plenty of people laid off - plenty of people job-seeking, or so it seems by the FO talk, etc.

Anyone need help?

"What's it doing now?"
Floatwotter
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Floatwotter »

xsbank wrote:10 satisfied clients so far, Thank you!

Anybody else interested in getting your resume and cover actually read by a C.P?

PM me if you're interested.
xsbank could you please PM me, my account was created too recently.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

I'm pretty sure I can't pm you until your account is unfrozen, something about proving that you are not a bot. I'll give it a go.

"What's it doing now?"
YvesT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YvesT »

xsbank,

I am interested in your help with my resume, but I can not send you a message(new account).

Can you email me at yvestobin@yahoo.ca or provide your email if possible.

Thanks,

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Are people getting jobs these days? Lots of talk about regionals etc, are people getting hired? I know this is the wrong time of years for new pilots, how are you experienced crew making out?

"What's it doing now?"
tipsails
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tipsails »

Lots of guys I know and hearing of others through friends who are getting interviews/sims at Jazz and Encore. Couple guys at Fast Air recently... lots of movement. Many lower time jobs opening up. If you're a newbie hit the road and there's a very high chance you'll find a flying or flying/dispatch job (not to be mistaken with a ground only job with the promise of a flying job in a "few months").

Many 1200-1500 hour guys getting regional interviews. Tis a good time.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Thanks for that, Tipsails, I've been getting requests from higher-time guys but I'm slow to get feedback from success stories. If what you say is correct, the market is skewed from the traditional Spring-hiring-for-new-pilots, nobody-gets-checked-out-in-the-winter model that's dominated for years. Good news for everybody!

Anybody need resume work? I'm still doing them for all you guys trying to get a foot in the door as well as you guys trying to figure out how to get into a pressurized cabin with a call button!

"What's it doing now?"
PilotNoRBs
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PilotNoRBs »

Hello XBanks. Would like to use your services, but can't pm, so please email me at pilotnorbs@gmail.com.
Thanks

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

OK.

"What's it doing now?"
tipsails
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tipsails »

xsbank wrote:Thanks for that, Tipsails, I've been getting requests from higher-time guys but I'm slow to get feedback from success stories. If what you say is correct, the market is skewed from the traditional Spring-hiring-for-new-pilots, nobody-gets-checked-out-in-the-winter model that's dominated for years. Good news for everybody!

Anybody need resume work? I'm still doing them for all you guys trying to get a foot in the door as well as you guys trying to figure out how to get into a pressurized cabin with a call button!
For the lower time guys, friend of mine was just hired at Sky Care and said they had 8 new hires (pilots) in the last month. Tons of PCC's PPC's happening. The spring hiring model is not the norm right now. Jazz seems to be gobbling up lots of the higher time 703 guys so there's jobs a plenty if you go looking. Good news is right. Happy days.

MIQ
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MIQ »

xsbank helped me boosting my resume at the beginning of the year. Shortly after I got a call for an interview with a major airline with considerably low hours and ended up getting the job. Definitely wouldn't have gotten the call if my resume wouldn't have been sticking out over the hundreds and thousands of other resumes that they had / have on file. I can not stress enough how important it is to have a professional looking resume, especially as a low time pilot. Xsbank is fast, efficient and professional and more than reasonably priced. I can only recommend his generous service to anyone out here looking for that next career step. It doesn't matter how many hours you have or what type of experience if the chief pilot or HR can't quickly decipher that sort of information from your resume because it isn't laid out properly or loaded with unnecessary information.

IWANTTOFLYYIN
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by IWANTTOFLYYIN »

MIQ wrote:xsbank helped me boosting my resume at the beginning of the year. Shortly after I got a call for an interview with a major airline with considerably low hours and ended up getting the job. Definitely wouldn't have gotten the call if my resume wouldn't have been sticking out over the hundreds and thousands of other resumes that they had / have on file. I can not stress enough how important it is to have a professional looking resume, especially as a low time pilot. Xsbank is fast, efficient and professional and more than reasonably priced. I can only recommend his generous service to anyone out here looking for that next career step. It doesn't matter how many hours you have or what type of experience if the chief pilot or HR can't quickly decipher that sort of information from your resume because it isn't laid out properly or loaded with unnecessary information.
Yup, 100% ... He helped me out as well a few months ago and got the call last friday to start the 29th of Dec for an operator I've been wanting to get hired onto for a long time. Thanks xsbank!!

Return to “Employment Forum”