Kenn Borek Air

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

propfeather
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Kenn Borek Air

Post by propfeather »

gooseinbc wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:42 am For a low time pilot, Kenn Borek is hard to beat if you have a hankering for some adventure and don't mind being away from home for 6-8 months a year.

Yes it is still rotational, but only once you are out of the office. It's anywhere from 6 months to a year before getting a seat on the Twin or the Beech. If you hate being stuck in an office, and don't mind getting sent to Antarctica for a full season, you can request to be put on the Basler as a flight attendant. Getting paid everyday for 4-5 months, while living on a station with no expenses is a great way to pay off that flight school debt.

Co-pilots start at 1400/month plus 120/day or 150/day in Antarctica.

185 days a year is what you should plan for but my years average 220 (90ish of that on the ice).

Some quick math reveals that for a 250 hour wonder, its pretty hard to find a better paying copilot job.. (beats out Jazz and Encore)
Can confirm. I've never worked less than 220 days/yr. Like anywhere, Borek has it's issues but it has been great for me.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Employment Forum”