210 hr pilot looking to rent a plane to build more hours

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

210 hr pilot looking to rent a plane to build more hours

Post by mixturerich »

This is probably a long shot, but I am a CPL, multi-ifr rated pilot who is trying to work up to 250 hours to open more doors for myself and reach some of my company's minimums. I am professional, safety-conscious, and respectful.

I'm looking to pay for fuel (and possibly insurance) to fly your small aircraft VFR, whether it be strictly circuits, or small x-country hops around the province. I'm located near Saskatoon, working the ramp for a small airline, and can make a drive to wherever I need to go.

If there is a job opportunity and you are interested in speaking to me about a flying position, I can send you my resume, however I realize that this is even more of a long shot.

Thanks for your time!
---------- ADS -----------

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: 210 hr pilot looking to rent a plane to build more hours

Post by awitzke »

Honestly man, 210.... 250... it shouldn't make a difference. Many of the places I've talked to in the last few weeks on my trip all have higher times listed but when you get down to it they are all just a suggestion.

I find it hard to see that a company which you already work for needs 250 hours over 210. Are you going right into a right seat King Air and need to have the IATRA valid for 2 crew? This is the only way I see that they want/need this?

A week of flying for a company will put you over 250 hours so it shouldn't really matter to them. Every CP... literally every one said they are looking more for someone who fits the company and has a good personality more than a few hours here or there.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Renting a plane would mean paying the owner for the use of it. What you are describing is more properly called borrowing a plane.

Not to say it doesn't happen, just wanted to make sure the difference was clear.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

I find it hard to see that a company which you already work for needs 250 hours over 210. Are you going right into a right seat King Air and need to have the IATRA valid for 2 crew? This is the only way I see that they want/need this?
This is exactly why, for my IATRA.

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

You know you cab write it now, right? Do you have an agreement with your employer that when you have 250 hours you will be in a seat? If not... Look into what I PMd you.

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

Also, what aircraft? Remember you only need an iatra for a plane that is categorized by Transport as two crew. So unless you're going into a B1900 or something you don't scraggly need it legally. Company policy might differ though.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

To be clear, an IATRA is not required to fly a King Air. The operation may require two pilots under their AOC, but that doesn't make it a two-crew aircraft. It has to be on the TC list of two-crew aircraft, and to be captain on it you'd need an ATPL. Basically, if a private pilot could fly it on his/her own, and the only reason it needs two pilots is because it's operated under Part 700 or 604, you don't need an IATRA. There's also a difference between a high-performance type rating, which you would get on the King Air, and a two-crew type rating, which you wouldn't get. Unless you're going to be flying a Dash-8 or a DC-3, save your money. You don't even need the IATRA for a 1900.

checkremarks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by checkremarks »

mixturerich wrote: I am a CPL, multi-ifr rated pilot who is looking to pay for fuel (and possibly insurance) to fly your small aircraft VFR.
Oh my...

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"
"Why don't you knock it off with all them negative waves"
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

checkremarks wrote:
mixturerich wrote: I am a CPL, multi-ifr rated pilot who is looking to pay for fuel (and possibly insurance) to fly your small aircraft VFR.
Oh my...
What's wrong?

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

awitzke wrote:You know you cab write it now, right? Do you have an agreement with your employer that when you have 250 hours you will be in a seat? If not... Look into what I PMd you.
I should be more clear - I have written it - my company, and others I've spoken to, just require 250 hrs for the majority of their aircraft. With less I can still get a seat on a few, but with 250 I have more options.

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

Diadem wrote:To be clear, an IATRA is not required to fly a King Air. The operation may require two pilots under their AOC, but that doesn't make it a two-crew aircraft. It has to be on the TC list of two-crew aircraft, and to be captain on it you'd need an ATPL. Basically, if a private pilot could fly it on his/her own, and the only reason it needs two pilots is because it's operated under Part 700 or 604, you don't need an IATRA. There's also a difference between a high-performance type rating, which you would get on the King Air, and a two-crew type rating, which you wouldn't get. Unless you're going to be flying a Dash-8 or a DC-3, save your money. You don't even need the IATRA for a 1900.

Yah that's what I thought.

Return to “Employment Forum”