Sunwing interview

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Sunwing interview

Post by NickyNick »

I'm one of them
garfield wrote:
tbaylx wrote:
sampsonmcd wrote:Why do they need a cadet program? There are tons of more qualified pilots who would love to fly a 737.

Oh wait.... This wouldn't be a way to pay pilots lower wages would it?

No more TFW=hire 200 hr CPLs and have them pay for bonds, European style!

Brilliant! :prayer:
Nope, same wages and conditions as anyone hired off the street. Good opportunity for some lucky cadet.
I suspect they're looking forward a few years once duty regs get changed etc and forecasting greater difficulty in hiring. There was a time that AC used to hire 250 hour cadets, don't recall that being an issue. As long as you adjust your training practices accordingly cadets will be perfectly capable pilots.
And they will be upgraded captain at 1500 hours!

There's thousands of pilots with over 3000 hours in this country who can't even land a F/O position, where's the logic?
---------- ADS -----------

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

I know someone with 3500 hours who recently got an interview.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

NickyNick wrote:I'm one of them

And they will be upgraded captain at 1500 hours!

There's thousands of pilots with over 3000 hours in this country who can't even land a F/O position, where's the logic?
[/quote]

If you've got over 3000 hours and you can't land an open gig with an active company (and you at least come close or exceed the mins), the time isn't the problem....

Resume.
Reputation.
References.

S.

dbob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbob »

I have an interview coming up with Sunwing next week. If anyone has interviewed recently and is willing to share some tips please PM. I have been informed that there is a 1 hour cognitive/technical exam.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Hhef
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hhef »

Hey guys, if anybody could PM me updated info that would be appreciated. I have an interview coming up.

Apparently there is a "1 hour technical and cognitive test" does anybody have some insight into this?

biggpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by biggpilot »

Last edited by biggpilot on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbob »

biggpilot wrote:40 questions ATPL

20 questions logics , mathematics
Thanks bigpilot. Do you know if they still ask technical questions during the in person interview or are they now all covered with the computer exam?

feel free to PM

cheers

GXII LJP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GXII LJP »

I have an interview coming up and would greatly appreciate any info on the technical questions.

Thanks

dbob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbob »

Does anybody know if calls are going out for August or September courses yet?

Rob899
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rob899 »

My friend is starting Aug. 21st.

ea306
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ea306 »

You guys make me laugh.

Seriously??

Let me ask you this: Can you show me why I might enjoy flying a 12-14 hour duty day with you? Do I care if you can answer some stupid quiz and dazzle some HR person? Just because you have the basic minimums for hire makes you somehow entitled to work here?

Now if you have an internal reference....well maybe you are not a jack ass and you are someone that might make a long day pleasant. Now if you don't have an internal reference....perhaps you are just socially smart enough to present yourself in a way that does not come across so self entitled as some of you do.

Sorry for sounding a little harsh....this is not in my nature. But seriously guys. This is not a business where we are entitled to anything because we have X amount of hours on Y type of equipment. Big whoop.

door2door
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by door2door »

ea306 wrote:You guys make me laugh.

Seriously??

Let me ask you this: Can you show me why I might enjoy flying a 12-14 hour duty day with you? Do I care if you can answer some stupid quiz and dazzle some HR person? Just because you have the basic minimums for hire makes you somehow entitled to work here?

Now if you have an internal reference....well maybe you are not a jack ass and you are someone that might make a long day pleasant. Now if you don't have an internal reference....perhaps you are just socially smart enough to present yourself in a way that does not come across so self entitled as some of you do.

Sorry for sounding a little harsh....this is not in my nature. But seriously guys. This is not a business where we are entitled to anything because we have X amount of hours on Y type of equipment. Big whoop.
Hmm

I'll bite why not?

I do agree with the concept you have put forth. Hours in a logbook does not automatically entitle anybody to a job.

With that being said, I have reviewed this thread. I see a couple of different discussions that have developed. One seems to be a debate regarding cadets vs experienced pilots and foreign pilots etc.... The rest of the thread appears to be recent Sunwing applicants who have interviewed and are fishing for information on the hiring process. I don't see any posts suggesting automatic entitlement to a position based on meeting the minimum requirements. A few have inquired what the current experience level is at the moment in order to see where they measure up, that doesn't mean they feel entitled to a job. There is nothing wrong with trying to gauge the experience level of your competition, it is not the only part but it is a part of the evaluation process. It doesn't mean these people feel they are entitled. Please keep in mind that for those who have recently interviewed, waiting for feedback, be it a job offer or pfo, is a very anxious time. People on this thread are simply looking for information to ease this anxiety. I don't think anybody is suggesting they should be entitled to a job.

Your rant is unwarranted my friend. I hope you are not so quick to judge those that you work with as you are the people who have posted in this thread.

dbob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbob »

Bump

Is anybody aware of anything new on the hiring front???

Cheers

Bugsie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bugsie »

Looks like ea306 has it right.

Last edited by Bugsie on Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
powerbrian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by powerbrian »

Anyone have updated details on the interview? I have an interview coming up. Thanks.

Return to “Employment Forum”