Sunwing interview

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Sunwing interview

Post by ant_321 »

I received a call for an interview. Just wondering if anyone who has interviewed recently could send me some info. I have searched the forum and can't seem to find much info on their interview process. Also has anyone else received a call?
---------- ADS -----------

condor1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Sunwing interview

Post by condor1 »

Check PM

watermeth
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by watermeth »

Condor, can you pm me also ?
Thx.

cumulus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cumulus »

I got the call as well a few days ago, if you could pass any info my way as well condor, it'd be much appreciated.

On a plane last week,... fried eggs today,.. you're living the dream man!
condor1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by condor1 »

Check PM guys

Beamer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Beamer »

Condor1 could you send me the interview info also I can not find much info on the company and the pilot interview.
Thanks

dcd4488
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dcd4488 »

Condor do you mind sending me the interview info as well? Thanks I got a call a few days ago.

skiordie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by skiordie »

I just got the call today and am hoping someone that has interviewed recently could share some insight on the interview process.

Cheers

Duukar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Duukar »

I got the call also. Any help would be much appreciated!

Duuk

SRV
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by SRV »

Could someone post the details rather than PM for those of us called for an interview

Couldn't Stand the Weather
tlindsay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tlindsay »

Did you apply as an FA?

SRV
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by SRV »

I think this thread refers to Pilot interviews

Couldn't Stand the Weather
racer-pilot-rob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by racer-pilot-rob »

If I have all the requirements they ask for on the job posting times 2 and then some, shouldn't I get an interview? Or at least a reply.
I am not the only one. Asking for many. Seems we get lost in the interweb system or something....

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Racer,

Perhaps the style/format of your resume or wording of your cover letter is holding you back?

I have seen some atrocious resumes and some incredible (bad) wording on covers from some very experienced people. On the flip, I have seen some fresh CPL's with the best resumes I've ever seen. I had one guy that it took 4 full pages of reading to find out he had 10,000+hrs And an ATPL.

Don't underestimate how far (or short) you application will go on the strength of the resume and cover.

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

cdnpilot77 wrote:Racer,

Perhaps the style/format of your resume or wording of your cover letter is holding you back?

I have seen some atrocious resumes and some incredible (bad) wording on covers from some very experienced people. On the flip, I have seen some fresh CPL's with the best resumes I've ever seen. I had one guy that it took 4 full pages of reading to find out he had 10,000+hrs And an ATPL.

Don't underestimate how far (or short) you application will go on the strength of the resume and cover.
That seems to be the problem, I'm sure the flying public would rather have someone that can fly the plane and follow SOP's than spend their time on resume writing skills.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Really, starting this nonsense again? Perhaps your reputation precedes you and no one likes you nickynick!

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

NickyNick wrote:
cdnpilot77 wrote:Racer,

That seems to be the problem, I'm sure the flying public would rather have someone that can fly the plane and follow SOP's than spend their time on resume writing skills.

racer-pilot-rob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by racer-pilot-rob »

I have to agree with you cdnpilot, resume may just be the trouble. Possibly my cover letter (by possibly I mean deffinitely!).
i do wish that a resume could be a video of a person flying, not on word play or fancy writing, or even a flashy smile on interview day. But truth is a person has to jumo through those hoops before getting the chance to prove their abilities (or lies lol)

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

You may think that but a proper resume shows how professional and well spoken you can be. At that level it's not just flying skills but people skills, leadership and customer service.

Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Vanguard »

Could someone PM me the details as well please!

Thanks!

Return to “Employment Forum”