Wasaya PC-12 FO Incoherent Ad

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Wasaya PC-12 FO Incoherent Ad

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Greetings All!

Just noticed something wrong with the FO ad. On the downloadable PDF file on Avcanada it indicates 1000 Hours total etc etc etc. Yet on the Wasaya website....it indicates 2500 Hours Total, 1000PIC for the same position. Seems to me more for a PC-12 Captain to me!
---------- ADS -----------

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Wasaya PC-12 FO Incoherent Ad

Post by frog »

You are right, and I sent them a pm on this matter. However they posted a new one.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Doesn't Wasaya take FO positions from the ramp anyways? I've been under the impression the external posting were just to satisfy union requirements.

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

People do get hired directly into the plane if they have hours. If you have less than what they are asking for then yes, ramp it is.

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Ramp or no ramp; the numbers do not make sense. At those minimums, apply as FO for Encore or Porter! Slightly better pay, no Northern Ontario Bullshit and better treatment. Oh...I forgot lol...you don't have to pay for your own training at Encore or Porter!

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Johnny#5 »

but think about all the pop and chips you could score...

Laner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Laner »

awitzke wrote:People do get hired directly into the plane if they have hours. If you have less than what they are asking for then yes, ramp it is.
for the pc12 they won't take you unless you meed the hourly requirements.... even if you apply from the ramp. You have to meet the contract mins for Hydro and NAPS, IIRC.

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

I don't think the fact of having hours right now really matters. With all the laid off people that have recently or soon to hit the market in this god forsaken industry, I wouldn't be surprised of the number of resumes they receive. Regardless of the Self-Pay training scheme or the Location.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

How does it work exactly?

If you do not have the necessary hours for a direct entry, you go to the ramp......
How does working the ramp then compensate for the original lack of experience?
Particularily, as working the rsmp as a low time pilot is going to deteriorate your skills.

Interesting how companies sell rampies the dream..

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Not much logic behind this industry in our country. We are the only nation in the world that makes pilots work for below poverty line wages, throwing bags for two years before moving up for a flying job. Speaking of that...did anyone receive any calls? Deadline was yesterday.

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

Sky_Conqueror wrote:Not much logic behind this industry in our country. We are the only nation in the world that makes pilots work for below poverty line wages, throwing bags for two years before moving up for a flying job. Speaking of that...did anyone receive any calls? Deadline was yesterday.
I disagree with Wasaya asking their pilots to fund for the training, even if they pay back with interests at the end of the term, I don't think it is a fair practice to burden a pilot with training debts.

But honestly, I have come to accept we are not doing bad in Canada, you can do two years on the ramp or work 702 jobs/instructor jobs for +3-4 years before getting a seat in a turbine aicraft, few go straight on a right seat.

In Europe, some guys who love mathematics make it into government cadet programs after studying in special schools for 2-3 years. Few of many work it out by paying over +100 000 euros for initial training, they have to pay for their type rating and hours of flight in order to get experience, some of them end up into some scam programs and loose their money or never get a job after all.

In Asia I heard pilots have a 40 years contract with their agency that paid for their initial training, you better like your agency, because you are stuck with them.

Welcome, this is aviation. 8)

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

You have a point for sure! But I know hundreds that have not had the chance even though qualified enough.
Another thing to mention is that its one thing entering aviation at 18 / 20 years old versus people entering the aviation world at 35 +.
Being in your thirties and throwing bags at 12.55$ an hour will not cover the costs of mortgage and family. That being said, just like in the US, I would prefer being paid 12.55 an hour flying than working ramp for a MAYBE pilot position. At least its in the field I worked for. Its better flying at FL350 for the same wage than finding Mrs. Smith's suitcase because she decided not to leave, minus dealing with the everyday bullshit. There are pros and cons everywhere in this industry, something that initially you do not find out.

Return to “Employment Forum”