Air Georgian

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Georgian

Post by gtanorth »

fruitloops wrote:I posted this last year and some of it might be outdated now - if anything it will give everyone considering all of the regional options a general overview. Some of the upgrade times are shorter now than what's posted - i don't have Q or BE payscales for sky/ggn

Upgrade at Sky and GGN about 12 months if you are qualified.
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

I've heard otherwise at Sky, GGN is correct roughly 12 months to upgrade (or shorter).

SKY is generally more than 1.5 years but within two years if you get on with 3000+ hours. They are apparently having a challenging time training DEOs, so they are focusing on working with internal upgrades more.

At least that's what I've heard, I have contacts in both companies that explain it as above.

PROC_HDG
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PROC_HDG »

gtanorth wrote:
fruitloops wrote:I posted this last year and some of it might be outdated now - if anything it will give everyone considering all of the regional options a general overview. Some of the upgrade times are shorter now than what's posted - i don't have Q or BE payscales for sky/ggn

Important to know that GGN is TAFB for per diem hence the lower multiplier. I would put GGN benefits up against Sky any day. They actually have a good plan including loss of Lic.
Sky's per diem is $3.05/hr for all TAFB.

PROC_HDG

Metroman12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Metroman12 »

Word around the north end is that AG is in the process of acquiring Dash 8s by the end of this year. Any truth to the rumour?

Any update on WAWCON with ALPA?

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

No truth to the Dash rumor

NEJO79
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NEJO79 »

I was wondering if any YYC 1900 drivers could answer a few questions. First how hard would it be for a First Officer to commute to BC or SK? Whats the schedule like? Does Georgian offer rotations? On average how many days a month would be on reserve? Thanks!

805ITT
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 805ITT »

Hi,

We have a few commuters from the lower mainland and commuter schedules are available on your bid.

Reserve is based on seniority and while lower on the list, a pilot could expect 15-18 days. With the movement in the industry, a pilot’s seniority rises quickly and a reserve schedule would likely only be 1-2 months.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

NEJO79 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:11 pm I was wondering if any YYC 1900 drivers could answer a few questions. First how hard would it be for a First Officer to commute to BC or SK? Whats the schedule like? Does Georgian offer rotations? On average how many days a month would be on reserve? Thanks!
I know a few current co-workers who used to work at ggn and did just that. A few commuted from Vancouver, and yxe and yqr.

No such thing as a rotation in any of the CPAs that I know off. You can bid or ask for a commuter sched, whether you get it or not is up to your seniority. Starting out you could see a lot of reserve, but with the revolving door happening you could start off with a flying block right off the bat.

Return to “Employment Forum”