Air Georgian

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Air Georgian

Post by NickyNick »

Any info on hiring requirements for B1900 FO ?
---------- ADS -----------

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Georgian

Post by iflyroads »

1500 min, unless you are part of a college mentor program or work from an office or despatch position into flying.

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

iflyroads wrote:1500 min, unless you are part of a college mentor program or work from an office or despatch position into flying.
Thankyou for info. Is there a Maximum ? My 3900 Total Time with a lot of BE20 PIC is not getting a job offer.

vrefplus5
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vrefplus5 »

Lol you bagged another one NickyNick! You'll never convince me you're not a troll...or trollette. Despite your comments to the contrary. I'm sure you've hit the 4000 hour mark by now, considering the length of time you've been at this! Poor iflyroads hasn't read your recent history or he would have just ignored you. Keep at it

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

vrefplus5 wrote:Lol you bagged another one NickyNick! You'll never convince me you're not a troll...or trollette. Despite your comments to the contrary. I'm sure you've hit the 4000 hour mark by now, considering the length of time you've been at this! Poor iflyroads hasn't read your recent history or he would have just ignored you. Keep at it
Do you have trouble being nice? Not sure what issue is with me asking questions. I'm confident you or anyone would be wondering why 3900 hrs isn't enough for right seat in a 705 operation. Please stop the insults.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

Nicky,

If ever you're in YYC, I'll buy the beer for the night if you can prove that you are in fact a pilot with 3900hrs. Seriously, the entire night is on me.

E

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

I dont really look at peoples profiles on here, I just try help whenever I can with what I know, Im more of a lurker on here.

With respects to ggn hiring requirements I know ppl who have gotten on with 1500 plus hours of nothing but single engine time, and ppl who have gotten on with 3000-5000 hours of bush flying multi piston time and turbine time. Very rarely with less than 1500, those who have gotten on with that were part of the mentor program or worked the office and dispatch for a bit.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Well done Nicky, you earned it...how about a speech?

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Maybe NickyNick just has a bad personality and 3900 hours won't change that.

When people with 1500 hours are getting calls for interviews at Jazz/Encore, my guess is either a bad rap is following him around or his resume just doesn't impress.

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

upintheair_ wrote:Maybe NickyNick just has a bad personality and 3900 hours won't change that.

When people with 1500 hours are getting calls for interviews at Jazz/Encore, my guess is either a bad rap is following him around or his resume just doesn't impress.
Are you saying 3900 hrs mostly on BE20 at one company not impressive enough?

Would 3900 hrs on 6 different aircraft types at 6 different companies be more impressive?

7dirty7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 7dirty7 »

esp803 wrote:Nicky,

If ever you're in YYC, I'll buy the beer for the night if you can prove that you are in fact a pilot with 3900hrs. Seriously, the entire night is on me.

E
I have 2600 I would be willing to show you in exchange for said beers.

MCB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MCB »

7dirty7 wrote:
esp803 wrote:Nicky,

E
I have 2600 I would be willing to show you in exchange for said beers.
I'm also here for the free beer. 2200 with AA

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

NickyNick wrote:
Are you saying 3900 hrs mostly on BE20 at one company not impressive enough?
Assuming you are not trolling....
The sense of entitlement you demonstrate is absolutely flabbergasting.
Look inwardly and TRULY ask yourself "why am I not getting a call?"

All the best,
TPC

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

NickyNick wrote:
Thankyou for info. Is there a Maximum ? My 3900 Total Time with a lot of BE20 PIC is not getting a job offer.
When you say no job offer, does that mean you've done the interview, and are still waiting to hear? Or did they tell you thanks for interviewing but you don't fit our hiring profile, or have they just not called for an interview?

If its the later, you must have screwed up the application, because I got invited to an interview for a DEC position with your hours (in fact my hours were on a BE10, so yours must be 10 better) If you just didn't pass the interview, perhaps take some advice from those around you to improve your personality.

But why Georgian? With your time you should have no problem getting an interview at a q400 operator who offers better wawcon than ggn. (Not that that's saying much!!)

V2plus10
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by V2plus10 »

Nickynick if youre infact not just trolling, perhaps the fact you mentioned 1900fo and only a 705 operation has something to do with it. Maybe that's also something you included in your cover letter? If so I suggest reviewing 704/705 regs.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

Sorry boys, the offer for a night of free beer only extends to Nicky and his/her 3900 mostly Be20 at one company time. I'll happily go dutch with the rest of you any evening you choose.

E

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Lol. There must be something wrong with you if you can't get a job at a crap place like Air Georgian with 3900 hrs. :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

No calls for interview, job offer, nothing !

I applied for 1900 FO position, I'm sure I'm well qualified for that position and a sure job offer, still nothing.

Instead of everyone taking time shooting insults at me without actually knowing me, why not shoot the actual requirements for these jobs at me. The requirements all the companies post I meet and exceed but not job offer as of yet.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Exclaiming "no job offer" just off of an application over and over again, shows us how little you know of the working world, let alone your insistence of your "experience". You are a kid in mommies basement getting thrills from people believing you to be a real applicant. It's just weird dude! It's a beautiful sunny day, go outside and have some real human interaction.

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

Exactly ! Go enjoy the sun ! Real life ! Get laid !

Last edited by frog on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Employment Forum”