Porter Flight Dispatch

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

WeGonRotate
Rank 1
Rank 1

Porter Flight Dispatch

Post by WeGonRotate »

Hi there,

Does anyone know how often Porter hires flight dispatcher? I'm very interested in joining their team. Do they hire without experience? Also, does anyone have any tips/advice for me to get my foot in the door?

Thanks in advance :wink:
---------- ADS -----------

glorifieddriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Porter Flight Dispatch

Post by glorifieddriver »

Hey there has been a post in the past about Porter dispatch, try and search for it. My info is a bit old but in the past more than half of the class was promotions from within the company. Porter hires frequently for ramp. Apply and get your foot in the door. Make it a point in the interview to mention your goal. Once you're in it will be easier for you to gauge your chances.

GD

durkad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Porter Flight Dispatch

Post by durkad »

As a former employee of Porter I can tell you that they definitely hire from within the company with zero experience.
It can be quite the revolving door for dispatchers as it is generally a training ground for other airlines in Canada.
Best option is to keep an eye on their website, learn about the company and pull from whatever aviation background/experience you have.
The last few times they hired people when I was still there they were struggling to find applicants with proper qualifications (exams completed).

Cheers

Return to “Employment Forum”