Working in Vancouver

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Aviator23
Rank 0
Rank 0

Working in Vancouver

Post by Aviator23 »

I'm a licenced aircraft engineer from Australia/Newzealand and am looking to move to Vancouver next year. Can anyone recommend maintenance organisations in Van or contract agency's to get hold of?
I hold a NZCAA and CASA licence but will need to move to a TC, so I would initially be looking for an AME (unlicensed) position.
I have both Mechanical and Avionics licences and have experience with a wide range of types.
Also can someone give me a rough guide on the wages for AME's, LAME's (contract and full time)?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Working in Vancouver

Post by Tail-Chaser »

I'm guessing you've already got a work permit secured or otherwise have the legal right to work in Canada?

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Oh stop.

Sorry can't help you, but check out this link it might have some info you need.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/s ... nu-530.htm

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Sadly - you've picked the wrong part of the country. For some reason - BC is one of the worst places to try and get a job. Very few jobs and even less movement. I don't know if the government makes it hard to do business or what - but the jobs are few and far between compared to the rest of the country.

Return to “Employment Forum”